Sign in to follow this  
*Nuckerball

KA50 Is RUINING Top Tier!

The Ka50 is spammed near every match. Its become near impossible to play other helis than russian because they will just spawn kill you 30 seconds in. You will spend your time as a heli dodging vikhirs until you either die to that or a jet finishes the job. Gaijin why have you added these ridicolous vikhirs when they would club and powercreep every other heli in ground rb? Its just really depressing this premium chopper has access to the best game breaking agms in the game. Its NOT ok for a heli to be able to spawn kill other helis and tanks seconds into a match. The ka50 IS a blatantly overpowered pay to win vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, *Nuckerball said:

The Ka50 is spammed near every match. Its become near impossible to play other helis than russian because they will just spawn kill you 30 seconds in. You will spend your time as a heli dodging vikhirs until you either die to that or a jet finishes the job. Gaijin why have you added these ridicolous vikhirs when they would club and powercreep every other heli in ground rb? Its just really depressing this premium chopper has access to the best game breaking agms in the game. Its NOT ok for a heli to be able to spawn kill other helis and tanks seconds into a match. The ka50 IS a blatantly overpowered pay to win vehicle.

Just don't play top tier anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, Soviet_Tetris_Br said:

Just don't play top tier anymore.

This.

If you have the urge to play it, simply spawn with ADATS and have fun killing Ka-50s at 10km away. I got 4 Ka-50 kills early game last time I've played top tier...

medal medal medal

17 hours ago, VeNoMxBR said:

This.

If you have the urge to play it, simply spawn with ADATS and have fun killing Ka-50s at 10km away. I got 4 Ka-50 kills early game last time I've played top tier...

Thing is, that ADATS costs over 16k to repair and you may get 1 heli down out of 5 , but the other ones will kill you back.

IF we had fire and forget missiles on ground... maybe there would be balance?
Stingers on hummers, that are cheap as hell, could also be a solution.
And, humvees can be in USA, ITA, FRA, Ger trees ... because, well ... why not ?

medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, WolFie90 said:

Thing is, that ADATS costs over 16k to repair and you may get 1 heli down out of 5 , but the other ones will kill you back.

IF we had fire and forget missiles on ground... maybe there would be balance?
Stingers on hummers, that are cheap as hell, could also be a solution.
And, humvees can be in USA, ITA, FRA, Ger trees ... because, well ... why not ?

MANPADs like the Stinger and Mistral can't track Helicopters with Infrared Suppression Systems (Exhaust covers and the like) until within 3-4km range in-game. That's before considering Missile Warning Systems/Auto Flares.

Edited by *RAazzy91
medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, VeNoMxBR said:

This.

Except ADATS is no longer a proper counter to the KA-50 anymore, KA-50 Vikhr can still fire outside of its 6.2 mile range, gaijin just have the rocket 'effect' vanish, but the actual missile can still work outside of this range which a few KA-50 players already know, other problem is ADATS's missiles create such a large smoke plume when launched they can see the missiles so much earlier and have a very easy chance to dodge if they are at the edge of the ADATS range, I've been doing this pretty much every top tier game and its no way near effective if they sit at the 'edge'.

Its situations like this, that they need to somewhat forget realism and introduce physical limits to the 'performance' so its a little easier to counter, heck even flying Phantoms to counter this is grim considering you cannot lock onto the KA-50 thanks to the exhaust system it has (hides its IR sig) 

Edited by TheCloop123

WHY FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY ADATS? Isnt it clear is OP when not one vehicle can counter it?!?!?! The adats is broken so it doesn't count.

Why nerf anything at all? Whats the point of BRs? You can force tiger 2s vs. abrams since tiger 2 can kill abrams easier than a abrams kills ka50.

jUsT sIdeClIMB

medal medal

8 hours ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

nerf the missile range just like all other helis 

other helis got 'nerfed' range because it was historical, gaijin just simply had them to far to what they were capable of. But with it being a premium they have really dug themselves deep with what they can 'change' to balance it out.

Either increase its SP to double if not triple to what its at (without changing anything weapon wise) this way skill is rewarded (like it should be)

Remove some of its 'features' like MAW which for some god knows reason seems to work on 'optical' guided missiles which makes 100% no sense as far as I know. the amount of times i have used ADATS just to have the missiles be avoided because its 'seen' them its beyond xxxx. 

Or you nerf the range on the Vikhrs to something that allows the target to be well within shooting range so its not a stupidly broken with its 6mile+ killing range and features left, right and centre telling it whats going with RADAR/missiles being fired at it.

Edited by TheCloop123

54 minutes ago, TheCloop123 said:

Remove some of its 'features' like MAW which for some god knows reason seems to work on 'optical' guided missiles which makes 100% no sense as far as I know. the amount of times i have used ADATS just to have the missiles be avoided because its 'seen' them its beyond xxxx. 

Why wouldn't they work against optically guided missiles?

These systems work in one of three ways. They either use a pulse Doppler radar to scan for incoming missiles, an IR scanner to detect the heat generated by a missile, or a UV scanner to detect the UV light emitted from the missile's rocket motor. All three of those methods would work as well at detecting optically guided missiles as they would IR guided missiles, or any other missile.

1 hour ago, TheCloop123 said:

other helis got 'nerfed' range because it was historical, gaijin just simply had them to far to what they were capable of. But with it being a premium they have really dug themselves deep with what they can 'change' to balance it out.

Either increase its SP to double if not triple to what its at (without changing anything weapon wise) this way skill is rewarded (like it should be)

Or you nerf the range on the Vikhrs to something that allows the target to be well within shooting range so its not a stupidly broken with its 6mile+ killing range and features left, right and centre telling it whats going with RADAR/missiles being fired at it.

They can't raise the SP cost because walletwarriors needs to be able to club or Gaijin can't sell lot of helis.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

5 hours ago, TheCloop123 said:

that what i said, most AA has 8 km range so if u nerf vikhar missile to 7 km or 7.5 i think its fair to use ur brain to position ur heli in the landscape

17 hours ago, TheCloop123 said:

Except ADATS is no longer a proper counter to the KA-50 anymore, KA-50 Vikhr can still fire outside of its 6.2 mile range, gaijin just have the rocket 'effect' vanish, but the actual missile can still work outside of this range which a few KA-50 players already know, other problem is ADATS's missiles create such a large smoke plume when launched they can see the missiles so much earlier and have a very easy chance to dodge if they are at the edge of the ADATS range, I've been doing this pretty much every top tier game and its no way near effective if they sit at the 'edge'.

Its situations like this, that they need to somewhat forget realism and introduce physical limits to the 'performance' so its a little easier to counter, heck even flying Phantoms to counter this is grim considering you cannot lock onto the KA-50 thanks to the exhaust system it has (hides its IR sig) 

Really? That's odd. I'll try it again tonight, but I've been killing Ka-50s from far away just using ADATS missiles.

BTW, don't stop aiming the missile just because it "vanished". Wait a few seconds and keep the aim on the Ka-50. After a few seconds you will get a nice kill :DD

medal medal medal

Between this and making the American SAM vehicle the most expensive ground vehicle in the game to spawn..  Gaijin is making it incredibly difficult not to violate the rule about insulting developers.

Everyone else:  Get killed by a helicopter? Spawn in SAM AA and defend your team.
USA: Get killed by a helicopter?   "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You idiot, you didn't spawn in ADATS first  Hope you capped a base."

(TL;DR: That is balance incompetence.)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

that what i said, most AA has 8 km range so if u nerf vikhar missile to 7 km or 7.5 i think its fair to use ur brain to position ur heli in the landscape

Historical range was 8km from helicoptes but they rejected the bug report iirc

Other accurate modern warfare games use 8 to 8.5 km for Vykr missiles. Ten km range seems to be way off. 

It's almost impossible to play you own choppers, if you don't own Mi-28 or Ka-50's. You take off and MAW alerts you of an approaching missile. You can't do anything to fight back and without cover (like mountains) your demise is certain. No way to evade this thing in a chopper.

Edited by Thodin

10 hours ago, Flame2512 said:

Why wouldn't they work against optically guided missiles?

These systems work in one of three ways. They either use a pulse Doppler radar to scan for incoming missiles, an IR scanner to detect the heat generated by a missile, or a UV scanner to detect the UV light emitted from the missile's rocket motor. All three of those methods would work as well at detecting optically guided missiles as they would IR guided missiles, or any other missile.

From what I can find the KA-50 was never fitted with such CM systems specifically (MAW) so its debatable if it even had MAW to begin with, it was still prototype at the end of the day with I think only 15 built. but my problem is your giving it more options to have more 'chances' of surviving against a SAM thats already inferior to it in every possible way, MAW is just giving it more 'options' that it simply does not need. So unless someone has some specifics on the MAW system its 'currently got' I would love to see (not arguing your point) just from what I've seen it has no mention of MAW as a CM system anywhere on the 15 KA-50's built.

But again, using ADATS is the only 'closest' counter available to the KA-50 and dealing with 1 thats on the edge of your missile range is already hard and when they can see it coming but thats pushing it when its missiles go beyond 6.2 miles range and can out range an ADATS user. but when you have 3 or more that can see you, your basically done for, might get one but unless you have 3 or more ADATS up then GG.

4 hours ago, VeNoMxBR said:

Really? That's odd. I'll try it again tonight, but I've been killing Ka-50s from far away just using ADATS missiles.

BTW, don't stop aiming the missile just because it "vanished". Wait a few seconds and keep the aim on the Ka-50. After a few seconds you will get a nice kill :DD

Thats not the problem........ the missile has a 'fixed' range, once you go outside the 6.2 miles on ADATS it will blow up in air (had this happen multiple times) but your still missing the point, it can see the missile much earlier in flight and can very easily avoid this (if it sits at the edge of your range) which from a lot of my cases they have considering the radar range matches the missile range so its fairly easy to see if one is outside said range.

Edited by TheCloop123

The trashy HE blast effect of missiles isn't reliable against fast moving aircraft at all. I'm seeing my ADATS proxy on MiG-21's and it not even getting a hit. It's like sparks made their way into tank RB but for missiles. It also doesn't help that Gaijin nerfed the flight handling of these missiles too. It's still missing the stabilizer that it is documented as having, they nerfed the pen of the APDS, and they nerfed its hullbreak threshold so it's super fragile. 

This "ADATS OP" crap is boomer talk. Get with the times.

And there is a source somewhere around here on the forums showing that the Vikyr missiles do not have 10 km range and 1 meter of penetration. The heli is game breaking just for the sake of grinding a few extra shekels out of the playerbase.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Fix the Stormer already....

Fix the range to 7km, remove the lock up warning (for a passive track :dntknw:), make the Starstreaks track properly and do actual damage whent hey hit something.  

That will help with the Ka50 spam.

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

Someone please close this Topic its already running under Realistic Battles discussions @Smin1080p

Existing topic already open, please use this one: