MTom

How is the T62M-1 a 9.0 tank?

Even maxed out it's barely faster than a Chieftain, 10 second reload, very slow turret and it's the same BR as XM1 and 0.6 higher than the Leo A1A1???????

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

logic dictates that it has a stupid powerful gun like the T-64B so its 9.0.

Oh don't forget it doesnt get thermals, it has no armor, yes its hilariously slow in all directions, you could probably hand crank the turret faster than its turret drive, the reload really isnt that bad since its autoloaded but it could be better, the HEAT screens on the sides of the tank (as addon armor) is literally useless in all aspects, and its only 2 saving graces are the gun and the composite bulges on the turret.

I mean I could see it going down to 8.7 max, but no more unless you a-historically nerf the gun and its ammo.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MPRA2 said:

Oh don't forget it doesnt get thermals, it has no armor, yes its hilariously slow in all directions, you could probably hand crank the turret faster than its turret drive, the reload really isnt that bad since its autoloaded but it could be better, the HEAT screens on the sides of the tank (as addon armor) is literally useless in all aspects, and its only 2 saving graces are the gun and the composite bulges on the turret.

I mean I could see it going down to 8.7 max, but no more unless you a-historically nerf the gun and its ammo.

And we're back to square one...Gaijin creates a broken idiotic meta where only the speed and firepower matters, but still sets the BR based on Firepower and Armour

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MTom said:

And we're back to square one...Gaijin creates a broken idiotic meta where only the speed and firepower matters, but still sets the BR based on Firepower and Armour

Speed becomes irrelevant when you end up in the cross hairs, a gun doesn't care if your tank can travel 50 - 60 miles per hour. :)

• Confused 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, Inflatable_CampR said:

Speed becomes irrelevant when you end up in the cross hairs, a gun doesn't care if your tank can travel 50 - 60 miles per hour. :)

Maybe you haven't played in the last 2 years mate. Speed is everything in this game. it IS the meta.

Edited by MTom
  • Like 3
medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, MTom said:

Maybe you haven't played in the last 2 years mate. Speed is everything in this game. it IS the meta.

Oh I'm around alright so don't worry that. Speed may be the Meta but a gun doesn't care about the meta, if it spots you your gonna die.

Edited by Inflatable_CampR
medal medal

12 minutes ago, Inflatable_CampR said:

Oh I'm around alright so don't worry that. Speed may be the Meta but a gun doesn't care about the meta, if it spots you your gonna die.

This is true... But speed can help you to be in places where no gun is pointed to and from where you can point your gun on clueless enemies...

Of course, you can find a nice camping place without speed, but then you are most likely going to be spotted by another meta thing - thermals.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I too yearn for the days where armor actually mattered, but Gaijin's stunt with the Maus is proof that they lack the ability to properly balance vehicles that soley rely on their armor to fight.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LahvanCz said:

This is true... But speed can help you to be in places where no gun is pointed to and from where you can point your gun on clueless enemies...

I can agree with you on this as this tends to be the case though it becomes a different story if a someone has a clue about the situation, but since that doesn't happen often we see the results.

5 hours ago, LahvanCz said:

Of course, you can find a nice camping place without speed, but then you are most likely going to be spotted by another meta thing - thermals.

Not exactly, Shutting of your engine = thermals exe. has stopped working...

At this point in time people are looking for heat signatures so if you don't have a heat signature you can guess what tends to happen(they can't hear you either) :DD

• Haha 1
medal medal

8 hours ago, Inflatable_CampR said:

Not exactly, Shutting of your engine = thermals exe. has stopped working...

At this point in time people are looking for heat signatures so if you don't have a heat signature you can guess what tends to happen(they can't hear you either) :DD

It only takes 1 second extra for a decent player to spot the heat signature of the gun so it doesn't stop working. 

Hell I mostly look for the heat signature of the gun. 

Edited by dutchrenzo62
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There are so many tanks with awful BRs. T-62-M is one of them. As long as we don't get any BR spread, things will remain as they are.

Also, don't forget about maps design. They are ridiculous. We can't use WWII maps for modern battles. But hey! Change the zones positions and you get a brand new map, right? -_-

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

It only takes 1 second extra for a decent player to spot the heat signature of the gun so it doesn't stop working. 

It technically does stop working as when said option becomes available someone has gone over the deep end so it becomes a warning after the disaster.

medal medal

18 hours ago, MPRA2 said:

I too yearn for the days where armor actually mattered, but Gaijin's stunt with the Maus is proof that they lack the ability to properly balance vehicles that soley rely on their armor to fight.

lol this is why I was never against WoT Health bar model (way less rng and more balance). Just everything else they had was bad. 

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Inflatable_CampR said:

On 20/01/2020 at 00:58, Inflatable_CampR said:

obviously thats why M60A3 TTS at 9.3 is such a good tank right?

3 hours ago, DaffanZ said:

lol this is why I was never against WoT Health bar model (way less rng and more balance). Just everything else they had was bad. 

Yes, because lowering the Maus BR is unacceptable when there are tanks that could kill it at 2 BR lower

People like you surely ruins WT.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Inflatable_CampR said:

This is such a simplistic and just outright stupid mindset to have.

Yes, you can kill a fast tank with your gun - the thing that you don't seem to grasp is that a speedy tank will get into a good shooting position first. Therefore while you are still getting to your position the fast tank will shoot you down which either forces you to not play the best areas of most maps, or forces you to play them overly passively which turns you inefficient.

Even a great gun in a bad position isn't useful even if it can technically kill a fast tank. On the other hand often even a bad gun in a good position is very lethal.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

On 19/01/2020 at 13:04, MTom said:

Even maxed out it's barely faster than a Chieftain, 10 second reload, very slow turret and it's the same BR as XM1 and 0.6 higher than the Leo A1A1???????

Well if t-62m1 goes to 8.7 then chieftain mk 10 should be there also

Chieftain mk 10 isn't bad at 9.0 I find though, but it could use thermal sights.

Leo l44/amx super ect. should move up to 9.0

medal medal

20 minutes ago, Dantheman66 said:

Well if t-62m1 goes to 8.7 then chieftain mk 10 should be there also

Chieftain mk 10 isn't bad at 9.0 I find though, but it could use thermal sights.

Leo l44/amx super ect. should move up to 9.0

It should, i usually one shot it with my STB thru the left upper frontal plate to the ammo rack. Most of the time i get to one shot it with L7 APDS round on center mass,

completely ignoring the massive turret armor.

Also the ammo shouldnt blow up after direct hit when you only have APFSDS

its nice tank hull down, but thats about it. The ammo arent that good, the post pen for the APFSDS is worse than the one onboard the T95E1.

The speed also arent that great and it doesnt have thermal while being in 9.0

its very stupid.

Edited by Samuel_Hyde
medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

It should, i usually one shot it with my STB thru the left upper frontal plate to the ammo rack. Most of the time i get to one shot it with L7 APDS round on center mass,

completely ignoring the massive turret armor.

Also the ammo shouldnt blow up after direct hit when you only have APFSDS

its nice tank hull down, but thats about it. The ammo arent that good, the post pen for the APFSDS is worse than the one onboard the T95E1.

The speed also arent that great and it doesnt have thermal while being in 9.0

its very stupid.

Yeah it's annoying as well because simply changing from mk 10 to mk 11 would give it thermals 

Meanwhile leo l44 gets thermal sights and no change in br from the tech tree version, despite gaijin considering thermals warranting a br raise for tanks like m60a3 tts, merkave mk 2 ect.

medal medal

On 19/01/2020 at 07:08, MPRA2 said:

the T-64B is 9.7 are you blind?

the T-62M-1 has higher pen then anyother 8.7 or 9.0 but its not good in most other aspects so of course its gonna be 9.0 if it was 8.7 its armor with make it nearly immune to just about every 7.7 ingame from the front.

T-62 and T-62M-1 do not have autoloaders...

medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, RedLinesBurn said:

the T-64B is 9.7 are you blind?

what I meant was: The T62 M-1 has a stupid powerful gun, therefore it is 9.0... I may be blind half the time, and I do know the T-64B exists, I spaded it....

7 minutes ago, RedLinesBurn said:

8.7 its armor with make it nearly immune to just about every 7.7 ingame from the front.

I'm sorry wat? the armor really only protects it from HEAT, and most tanks at 7.7/8.3 have APDS or even APFSDS that can easily pen the front. Or you could use the good old "flank" tactic because its turret cant rotate even slightly fast and relies on rotating the hull in order to get the gun on target quickly. Also, the XM-1 exists and its 9.3 and it seal clubs 8.3-8.7. Also isnt the point of having armor to help defeat strong rounds to help a vehicle survive for longer? Are we not allowed to have tanks with armor that works? apparently not just look at the Maus and the T-95. Tanks that NEED to be uptiered to fight against HEAT/ high pen APDS.

11 minutes ago, RedLinesBurn said:

T-62 and T-62M-1 do not have autoloaders...

oh, my bad I haven't really noticed because their reload speed doesn't really change if the loader is knocked out.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

obviously thats why M60A3 TTS at 9.3 is such a good tank right?

When one actually plays the game instead of fondling statistics and numbers all day long you'd be amazed at how much fun you can have with anything.

medal medal

14 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

Yes, because lowering the Maus BR is unacceptable when there are tanks that could kill it at 2 BR lower

People like you surely ruins WT.

Your gonna have to read my post and make a new reply, because this one makes zero sense. Might need a doctor. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Per_Saukko said:

And yet here we are...

the thing that you don't seem to grasp is that a speedy tank will get into a good shooting position first

I don't grasp it because I'm already a step ahead thus your telling me to take a step back which makes this counter productive

Therefore while you are still getting to your position the fast tank will shoot you down

Not if my position is only a couple hundred feet away from the spawn. By the time the fast tank shows up I already have muh camp fire going and pitched the tent.

forces you to not play the best areas of most maps,

If you have to fight your enemy for the best area of a map beforehand then its not the best area for you now is it.

or forces you to play them overly passively which turns you inefficient.

Can't blame a man for not wanting to die, dying sucks and in the top tier region can be costly if your not careful

14 hours ago, Per_Saukko said:

Even a great gun in a bad position isn't useful even if it can technically kill a fast tank.

But if it can kill a fast tank then its obviously in good position as you said the fast tank will be heading for its own good position which means we have a counter

On the other hand often even a bad gun in a good position is very lethal.

Not really a bad gun will never have a good position cause it'll be dead.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Yes, you can kill a fast tank with your gun - the thing that you don't seem to grasp is that a speedy tank will get into a good shooting position first. Therefore while you are still getting to your position the fast tank will shoot you down which either forces you to not play the best areas of most maps, or forces you to play them overly passively which turns you inefficient.

Even a great gun in a bad position isn't useful even if it can technically kill a fast tank. On the other hand often even a bad gun in a good position is very lethal.

Not only that but most mobile vehicles (AUBL, Centauro, Leopards) sometimes are able to climb such terrain, rocks etc which surely isn't supposed to be able to be used that way.

Also the problem is the tiny maps in WT.

Like i love Sinai map, it's great, but look what happens between a slow tank (red) and a fast tank (blue) there. by the time a T62 or a Chieftain struggles itself out the spawn and climbs the FIRST hill, the Leopard or other fast tanks are halfway across the map in firing position waiting.

MapLayout_Domination_Sinai.jpg

11 hours ago, Dantheman66 said:

Yeah it's annoying as well because simply changing from mk 10 to mk 11 would give it thermals 

Meanwhile leo l44 gets thermal sights and no change in br from the tech tree version, despite gaijin considering thermals warranting a br raise for tanks like m60a3 tts, merkave mk 2 ect.

The Merkava and T62M being higher BR than the L44 is just mind boggling to be honest

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal