mc205v

Why OF-40 (MTCA) is BR 9.0

Can anyone give me a valid reason for this? When other premium tanks with thermal visor,

like Leopard L/44, AMX 30 Super eType 74 mod G/KAI are all 3 are BR 8.7
Thank you

Edited by mc205v
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Because Gaijin say so - sekret dokuments you are not allowed to see.

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The official reason was that players were too efficient* with it.  I dont remember the exact wording but it was something kinda vague like that.

EDIT *Effective was the word.

Edited by Matt_82
medal medal medal medal

I don't want to question the quality of the OF-40 MTCA but the fact that the other premium tanks listed (they are at a lower BR)

have thermal vision and we all know the advantage it also gives in daytime maps.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, mc205v said:

I don't want to question the quality of the OF-40 MTCA but the fact that the other premium tanks listed (they are at a lower BR)

have thermal vision and we all know the advantage it also gives in daytime maps.

Read the topic in my signature.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

53 minutes ago, mc205v said:

And those tanks should be moved to 9.0 as well.

medal medal

1 hour ago, mc205v said:

gromvoiny

• Air marshal
  •  
  • gromvoiny
  • Store Team
  • 3,691 posts
  On 17/10/2019 at 18:43, jackTIGR said:

Grom, then why isn't A1A1 L44 going up as well? It's far better than OF-40. It's got top tier gun - same gun and ammo as 2A4 and it has thermals, that Soviets get only at 10.0. So why isn't it going higher as well?

Tank stats don't mean much when majority of its owners are bad players and thus it has bad effectiveness in stats. 

•  
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, LahvanCz said:

If 10,0 would got to 10,3 (and 10,3 to 10,7) then L/44, AMX Super would likely follow MTCA to 9,0 (as they should), so it is debatable. ;)

I mean 9.0 for all of them would be fine in the current situation anyway they would not face top tier and 7.7's would have some actual breathing space from this BS.

its laughable that an AMX30 Super is the same BR as the Brennus which has no stabiliser and inferior mobility and worthless ERA at the cost of mobility. 

Its laughable that the L44 has a better gun (120mm) with identical reload (which is impossible) has a higher penetrating shell and better post pen damage sits at 8.7 when its better in every way to the A1A1.

Type 74G sits at the same BR as the Type 74 granted they are virtually the same tank but when you have premium bonus's applied this alone should warrant a BR increase otherwise its P2W but considering both these tanks have access to the Type 93 shell (one of the highest penetrating shells) for a 105 gun in the game it should not be 8.7

The only tanks that have the correct BR are the Shot Kal and T55AM. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2020 at 15:43, mc205v said:

Can anyone give me a valid reason for this? When other premium tanks with thermal visor,

like Leopard L/44, AMX 30 Super eType 74 mod G/KAI are all 3 are BR 8.7
Thank you

Because those three tanks have a larger monetary incentive to be undertiered than the OF-40 does.

Edited by ANDROMADA
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, ANDROMADA said:

Because those three tanks have a larger monetary incentive to be undertiered than the OF-40 does.

Yep, P2W in other words. whether Gaijin like to admit it or not these are P2W and have been since release.

10 hours ago, LahvanCz said:

If 10,0 would got to 10,3 (and 10,3 to 10,7) then L/44, AMX Super would likely follow MTCA to 9,0 (as they should), so it is debatable. ;)

But that’s what I mean. Move the 10.0s to 10.3 and 8.7s to 9.0.

but if that happened then the MTCA would be the best 9.0.

6 hours ago, TheCloop123 said:

I mean 9.0 for all of them would be fine in the current situation anyway they would not face top tier and 7.7's would have some actual breathing space from this BS.

its laughable that an AMX30 Super is the same BR as the Brennus which has no stabiliser and inferior mobility and worthless ERA at the cost of mobility. 

Its laughable that the L44 has a better gun (120mm) with identical reload (which is impossible) has a higher penetrating shell and better post pen damage sits at 8.7 when its better in every way to the A1A1.

Type 74G sits at the same BR as the Type 74 granted they are virtually the same tank but when you have premium bonus's applied this alone should warrant a BR increase otherwise its P2W but considering both these tanks have access to the Type 93 shell (one of the highest penetrating shells) for a 105 gun in the game it should not be 8.7

The only tanks that have the correct BR are the Shot Kal and T55AM. 

The A1A1 and L/44 had to fight top tiers for awhile and were stomped for months. Current situation would not be ok for them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *CodyBlues said:

The A1A1 and L/44 had to fight top tiers for awhile and were stomped for months. Current situation would not be ok for them.

7.7 tanks have had to fight the L/44, AMX-30 Super and Type 74G for almost a year now and they get stomped. Current situation is not OK for them. 

Seriously while 10.0 vs the L/44 would favour the 10.0 tanks, it's not nearly be as unbalanced as L/44 vs 7.7

Edited by dutchrenzo62
  • Like 3

Greed is the short answer.

Gaijin usee the poor excuse of "statistics" reading these numbers as they want for the vehicles thay want.

XM-1 was ridiculouslly OP even at 9.0 and took ages for them to move it up because its their best seller T6.

Now try to imagine how could they can sell the L/44 or type74G of they rise them to 9.0 where they belong.

Or you can simply compare OF-40Mk2 with MTCA and ask why a few HP more made the last one 9.0 worth.

Edited by PlumleyBT
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, PlumleyBT said:

Or you can simply compare OF-40Mk2 with MTCA and ask why a few HP more made the last one 9.0 worth.

Chieftain Mk5 would like to know the answer, too ;-D

Ontopic: i cannot understand this aswell. Basically, the OF-40 is a Leopard 1, right? And undeniably the best Leopard 1 ingame is the premium L44. Yes, i can see reasons why it should not face toptier (the mobility of Leo 1 is mediocre at best in high Tier where modern MBTs are much faster with better reverse and neutral steering while the armor is basically nonexistent. This tradeoff for 1st/2nd generation MBTs does not apply for Abrams, Leo 2, Leclerc, Type 90, they all have armor PLUS mobility and firepower, so Leo 1 does not belong there.), but i cannot see any reason why the best Leo 1 is not the highest BR of all Leo 1s plus just like itself should not face current modern MBTs itself should not club against pre-MBT-era-tanks… BR-decompression is highly needed.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

All those premium should be br 10.0 at least because of AMX 30 B2 Brenus at 8,7. It's a true biased challenge. 

I can play each one of those premium in BR 10.3 battle. And get far more better results than playing my AMX 30 B2 Brenus at is proper BR. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TheCloop123 said:

Type 74G sits at the same BR as the Type 74 granted they are virtually the same tank but when you have premium bonus's applied this alone should warrant a BR increase otherwise its P2W.

The bonus Premium vehicles get is an Talisman and Premium account this alone does not justify for an BR increase when i can technically do the same thing with an TT version for 20 euro (60 if you include buying parts), So right now its like saying if i put 60 euro into the Type 74(TT version) and buy an Talisman, Premium and Parts that the Type 74 is an P2W vehicle. 

19 hours ago, TheCloop123 said:

considering both these tanks have access to the Type 93 shell (one of the highest penetrating shells) for a 105 gun in the game it should not be 8.7

Yes, the Type 93 is kind of unfair thing compared to the others still you gotta remember that armor around that BR almost is non-existent so each vehicles can penetrate each other with ease. Not to mention its not like Type 74 needed the Type 93 but the overall reason the Type 74 has probable received the Type 93 is because back before the Type 16 and Type 90(B) were added Japan didn’t had an viable Back Up vehicle around 9.3 and 10.0 besides the Type 74 which was really bad around that BR 10.0 (performance wise), so the solution was the Type 93 as its was similar to the M774 (before nerf) to give the Type 74 at least something to deal with them. 

medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, *CodyBlues said:

you realise at 9.0 they would not face top tier......... but would also not face 7.7. Unless I'm missing something here, that is a worthwhile change. 

1 hour ago, *GildyMenn21 said:

The bonus Premium vehicles get is an Talisman and Premium account this alone does not justify for an BR increase when i can technically do the same thing with an TT version for 20 euro (60 if you include buying parts),

It does though......... otherwise its P2W, simple as that. they cannot be at the same BR just because they are the 'same' when one vehicle still has a much quicker time to grind out other tanks also starts of spaded etc. so the difference is still major between Premium and None Premium vehicles. hence Type 74G should be 9.0 while the Type 74 should be 8.7

Edited by TheCloop123
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, TheCloop123 said:

It does though......... otherwise its P2W, simple as that. they cannot be at the same BR just because they are the 'same' when one vehicle still has a much quicker time to grind out other tanks also starts of spaded etc.

If thats the case why aren’t all other Premium vehicles an 0.3 BR higher for example the T29, Tiger II or Jumbo? Just because you can purchase an vehicles immediately from higher BR’s doesn’t justify anything about P2W, You can only say P2W if you have premium vehicles perform better then its counterparts on the same BR for example an XM-1 at 8.7 that is P2W not Talisman or Premium because that can be justified for half of the vehicles

in-game.

1 hour ago, TheCloop123 said:

so the difference is still major between Premium and None Premium vehicles. hence Type 74G should be 9.0 while the Type 74 should be 8.7

Of course there is an difference between premium vehicles and Tech Tree vehicles but in that case Type 74 and Type 74G that’s totally different as both vehicles are performance wise similar, if you want the Type 74 G to 9.0 then move every other vehicle with same case don't just focus on 1 and ignore the others.

medal medal medal medal

57 minutes ago, *GildyMenn21 said:

If thats the case why aren’t all other Premium vehicles an 0.3 BR higher for example the T29, Tiger II or Jumbo? Just because you can purchase an vehicles immediately from higher BR’s doesn’t justify anything about P2W, You can only say P2W if you have premium vehicles perform better then its counterparts on the same BR for example an XM-1 at 8.7 that is P2W not Talisman or Premium because that can be justified for half of the vehicles

in-game.

Of course there is an difference between premium vehicles and Tech Tree vehicles but in that case Type 74 and Type 74G that’s totally different as both vehicles are performance wise similar, if you want the Type 74 G to 9.0 then move every other vehicle with same case don't just focus on 1 and ignore the others.

The Type 74G has thermals, at least for me thermals is enough of an advantage to warrant a BR increase to 9.0

I mean the M60A3 TTS is 9.3 and the merkava Mk. 2B is 9.0 while the M60A1 RISE (P) and Merkava Mk. 1 are both 8.7 while they only lack thermals compared to the TTS and 2B.

On 14/01/2020 at 22:10, dutchrenzo62 said:

7.7 tanks have had to fight the L/44, AMX-30 Super and Type 74G for almost a year now and they get stomped. Current situation is not OK for them. 

Seriously while 10.0 vs the L/44 would favour the 10.0 tanks, it's not nearly be as unbalanced as L/44 vs 7.7

They have a 60 percent win rate. Doesn’t seem like any stomping going on.

and no, it’s two completely different situations.