Samuel_Hyde

M26 is currently absolutely great

Anyone grinding towards the M26/M26A1 Pershing should grind towards it immediately

ever since the M26 received the Volumetric armor its been great.

The tank itself  now just untouchable against the Panthers/ 17 pounder and can bounce 88mm when it cant before.

US have better M26 which is M46, it has the same armor so its gets the same perk as the M26 has.

I highly recommend this tank!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Interesting the protection analysis shows that any german gun goes through it basically anywhere from 500 meters away

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, MTom said:

Interesting the protection analysis shows that any german gun goes through it basically anywhere from 500 meters away

I'm in similar situation with centurion 1. Its bouncing short 88 and panther 75 from front on turret and ufp with ease and yet when I checked in armor viewer it should get penned in mantlet area. This is my favorite tank so far in brit line

medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

Anyone grinding towards the M26/M26A1 Pershing should grind towards it immediately

The tank itself  now just untouchable against the Panthers/ 17 pounder and can bounce 88mm when it cant before.

US have better M26 which is M46, it has the same armor so its gets the same perk as the M26 has.

Yeah but the M46 will also face 7.7, and there aren't many panthers/17 pounders at 7.7.

Not saying that it should be down tiered, just that the M46's armor might be less usefull because it faces stronger guns. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

Yeah but the M46 will also face 7.7, and there aren't many panthers/17 pounders at 7.7.

Not saying that it should be down tiered, just that the M46's armor might be less usefull because it faces stronger guns. 

I bounced a lot of 122mm and L7 APDS

and i like playing at 8.0 with it since the tanks have less armor than the 7.3-7.7

the APCBC-HE works great.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Pershing was good back in the day. Then they desided to nerf it. But it still remained OK.
I don't think that new armor will change anything, because it still can be killed with german plane guns.
I mean , i should know.
I have like over 700 arcade and 900 realistic battles on that tank. :) 

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, WolFie90 said:

Pershing was good back in the day. Then they desided to nerf it. But it still remained OK.
I don't think that new armor will change anything, because it still can be killed with german plane guns.
I mean , i should know.
I have like over 700 arcade and 900 realistic battles on that tank. :) 

You play both AB and RB? :008: Your kind must be rare.

medal medal medal medal medal

On 13/01/2020 at 11:07, Samuel_Hyde said:

Hi, do you know when there was a change? Because as far as I can tell there is no difference; although I'll admit I did not look hard. The front hull is still vulnerable, and the turret was always bouncy.

I last played the M26 in the A1 variant when I grinded the italian tree before abandoning it. The M26 was good, though, in particular in downtiers. When it is uptiered, not so much :D

medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, Quacki said:

Hi, do you know when there was a change? Because as far as I can tell there is no difference; although I'll admit I did not look hard. The front hull is still vulnerable, and the turret was always bouncy.

I last played the M26 in the A1 variant when I grinded the italian tree before abandoning it. The M26 was good, though, in particular in downtiers. When it is uptiered, not so much :D

well few patches ago, im not sure when tho.

the turret is now using volumetric, i can bounce long 88 and some apfsds when i angle it.

The hull seems to be nice now since i had not received a single penetrating shot from panthers, T-34-85, and i even nullified PT-76 and T92 HEATFS by wobbling the hull left and right.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 01:07, AraMacao said:

You play both AB and RB? :008: Your kind must be rare.

I started with AB mostly and moved to RB, but yeah i do hop back to AB every once in a while.
It's like doing a few poker rounds after playing bridge or canasta. :)

medal medal medal