omarrrrrrrrrrrrr

broken hullbreak system

9 hours ago, CotorShas said:

I understand the need for hullbreak but this is not how it should work

https://streamable.com/0p24b 

That is a very good example of why it's broken right now.  That's a poor shot, rewarded with a kill.  I have no issues with hull break when you take out the engine or two crew or use HE rounds but clipping the edge of a vehicle with KE rounds shouldn't be rewarded.

This destroyed my Warrior today.  Considering his driver (in the 9.0 Premium Italian tank) absorbed a Milan missile without any other damage to the vehicle, I think it's safe to say I got given the short end of the stick.

Hull Break 1.jpg

Hull Break 2.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

a T29 hit my Centauro (8.0) with APCR in the WHEEL, nothing else got even a piece of the rubber hit it..... hullbreak.....

then i am on an Ariete, fired DM33 APDSFS into a bradley, center mass, nothing happens besides driver and commander dead..... he only died because of the fire cooking one of his ammo racks....

if i recall the 120mm DM33 is fired at an ABSURDLY faster speed than the US 105mm T29 APCR, and i was even closer to my target, while that pesky heavy tank was about 500-600m away....

i got hullbreaks on BMP-1 by hitting a SIDE OPTIC with german 37mms, then have a T92 EAT 122mm IS2 APHE without issues......

heck, even some stuff such as M56 had done the IMPOSSIBLE task of ricocheting a Maus 128mm HE shell..., only to die because it exploded near a wall close to it....., FAILJIN NEVER gets ballistics and damage physics right.....

when WoW, THE ARCADEY SHIP VS SHIP COMBAT SIM has BETTER physics behaviour for the crap that happens in WT, they should feel ashamed (literally, WoW algorythm has BETTER capacity to evaluate angle of impact, penetration, ricochet potential, potential damage, armor overmatch and much more in regards to cannon fire ballistics)

• Upvote 2
medal medal

A few days ago I destroyed some russian light vehicle (BMP or taran) by shooting the edge of the tracks tracks from the side with my 75mm maus HEAT round. Hullbreak.

Edited by AraMacao
medal medal medal medal medal

this hullbreak needs to go as it is only the list it says Heat or HE well hullbreak but my Ru251 gets HB by sabo and normal apce and alot of times it is the turret that takes the hit and then alot of ppl come ahh you can keep fire on a light tank well it is the samm for light tanks vs heavy tanks small sabo/heat round you shoot a Tiger 2 around 2-4 times to kill it if you dont ammorack it and i got HB by a guy in they other end of the map fireing a shoot going in between the tracks and exits out the front track wheel and HB how is this Fair this HB did destroy the fun in playing Light tanks 

OFC it is fine to have it on the trucks that is totap open and ppl dont know how to MG them dowen

35 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

If hull break goes away, then vehicles like the RU251 need a massive BR increase. 

It's better to balance vehicles by BRs than by broken mechanics and repair costs.

Although I'm not against hullbreak by Chemical shells and large full-caliber Kinetic shells. It will force players to use not only one type of shells and will make vehicles with big cannons, but long reload reasonable to play. 

Edited by _Condottiero_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is my post from similar thread in RB GF thread:

medal medal medal medal medal

I have not verified this on all my light vehicles, but currently I play on BR 8.7 and there I see that it is enough to be just touched on an vehicle edge by larger projectile (regardless if is explosive) and the light vehicle is destroyed. Also, it is not necessary that the projectile is larger caliber. For example, a single 30 mm projectile into the engine is enough to destroy whole vehicle.

It looks like some unannounced change in this feature or a fatal error has occurred.

Here's one from me. A Leclerc shot my BMP-3 in the upper glacis at a very unfortunate angle (he was below me) and it ricochet, hit the spaced armor on my turret, and then ricocheted off that. Despite not doing any structural damage at all, my BMP-3 spontaneously bursts into flames and its hull disintegrates into a puddle of molten aluminum (presumably).

1199807442_shot2020_01_0903_31_11.thumb.2077227703_shot2020_01_0903_31_13.thumb.

Oh, and I bet this one tops all others. In this instance my BMP-3 got hit by the APFSDS round of an Ariete in the rear left corner of the hull, where there was literally no equipment whatsoever. The APFSDS round went in one end and out the other, and didn't even turn any part of the hull yellow or orange or anything, so there was 0 structural damage. But apparently, that doesn't matter at all since I still got hullbroken. 

Spoiler

1684665131_shot2020_01_2302_51_10.thumb.279444780_shot2020_01_2302_51_11.thumb.j1697387316_shot2020_01_2302_51_12.thumb.208939489_shot2020_01_2302_51_15.thumb.j

It was both incredibly frustrating and hilarious to see my BMP-3 come to a dead stop in the middle of the battle, fully intact and almost factory-fresh with a completely healthy crew (that probably didn't even notice the vehicle getting hit), and then it suddenly bursts into flames for no reason. It's absolutely surreal how bad and incompetent Gaijin is.

shot 2020.01.09 03.31.12.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal

It’s not a bug. It’s one way to balance thin armor vehicles and break the “no armor is best armor” meta we’ve been stuck with. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

It’s not a bug. It’s one way to balance thin armor vehicles and break the “no armor is best armor” meta we’ve been stuck with. 

It's not a bug, but the mechanic currently is bugged

Playing this afternoon I hullbroke a Waffentrager with the NS-23s of an IL-10

medal medal medal medal medal medal

It works like that because they just simply added a HP system for vehicles that uses hullbreak mechanics so now every shell with enough penetration can destroy them.

It's just like in World of Tanks, you can shot the same armor plate and it will decrease tank's HP amount (unless when that plate becomes black then you won't be able to decrease vehicle's HP by shooting it, you will need to shot other armor plate). Of course old code for one shooting vehicles with hullbreak mechanics is still there, that new one is just an addition and it's not a bug. Obviously damage won't be consistent because there's lots of armor plates and every single one of them can decrease HP amount, to make it consistent there would need to be a one big plate inside the tank and made it so only that one can be damaged.

So now it looks like that:

Spoiler

inner{
    hp:r=10000.0               	<----// HP amount, it's different for parts like hull and turret (usually it's 2000)    
    part:t="engine_dm"         	<----// You set there stuff which can be damaged, it's different for hull and turret
    part:t="transmission_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_01_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_02_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_03_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_04_dm"
    part:t="cannon_breech_05_dm"

effect{								
      conditionDamageType:t="explosion"
      expl:r=1.0
      conditionDamage:r=250.0
      kill:b=yes
      killEffect:t="fire"
    }

effect{
      conditionDamageType:t="cumulative"
      conditionDamage:r=100.0
    }

effect{
      conditionDamageType:t="generic"
      conditionDamage:r=180.0
    }

effect{						<-----// "New" HP mechanics which works like that one from World of Tanks, "new" because it was used by paper Shermans from the 1 April event
      conditionDead:b=yes
    }
  }

Edited by RideR2
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

In my latest battle i shot a Begleit on the turret ring - hullbrake. Shot a Centauro on the turret - hullbrake.

Then i shot a BMP2 on the engine - nothing.....

23 hours ago, *RAazzy91 said:

It's not a bug, but the mechanic currently is bugged

Playing this afternoon I hullbroke a Waffentrager with the NS-23s of an IL-10

So that's why i killed two VFWs in just a few shots with my plane today.

medal medal medal

Well since we're all posting about the glorious Gaijinified Hull Break mechanic. I've had multiple occasions where I've been hull broken in my Centauro/Aubl/AML-90 by a 50. cal. I've even had a rare instance where I've been 1shot by a 7.62 coax in the AML. To be honest, they really should nerf the hull break... It gets pretty annoying playing expensive light tanks with no armor just to get Hull Broken by an APFSDS round or HEAT round into a non-vital space that does NOTHING but damage a wheel/track or at worst knocks out 1 single crew member or component. Honestly from my point of view, it should come down to this:

If >50% of the vital internal components (I.E. Engine, Transmission, Turret Drive, Fuel Tanks, but not including vision ports, sights, tracks/wheels, defensive/secondary weapons, radiators) are black out destroyed, THEN and only THEN should the tank be considered hull broken. (So things like HEAT, APHE/HE shells can be actually used a little more than standard lolpen APDS/APFSDS/AP) I'm sick and tired of being considered "hull broken" just by having my track, one of my wheels, or even a vision port get blown out by a HEAT shell or APFSDS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MPRA2 said:

Well since we're all posting about the glorious Gaijinified Hull Break mechanic. I've had multiple occasions where I've been hull broken in my Centauro/Aubl/AML-90 by a 50. cal. I've even had a rare instance where I've been 1shot by a 7.62 coax in the AML. To be honest, they really should nerf the hull break... It gets pretty annoying playing expensive light tanks with no armor just to get Hull Broken by an APFSDS round or HEAT round into a non-vital space that does NOTHING but damage a wheel/track or at worst knocks out 1 single crew member or component. Honestly from my point of view, it should come down to this:

If >50% of the vital internal components (I.E. Engine, Transmission, Turret Drive, Fuel Tanks, but not including vision ports, sights, tracks/wheels, defensive/secondary weapons, radiators) are black out destroyed, THEN and only THEN should the tank be considered hull broken. (So things like HEAT, APHE/HE shells can be actually used a little more than standard lolpen APDS/APFSDS/AP) I'm sick and tired of being considered "hull broken" just by having my track, one of my wheels, or even a vision port get blown out by a HEAT shell or APFSDS.

It needs to be reworked from the ground up. You can hit a Rooikat in its 40mm lower plate with a 1.5kg HEAT charge and hullbreak it but a Otomagic can tank 4 9kg heat hellfires to the 25mm turret face and be fine. 

And let's not even talk about how the 183mm and 165mm HESH rounds should be hullbreaking almost every vehicle in game but instead struggle to kill leopards. 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, ARedneckSquirel said:

It needs to be reworked from the ground up. You can hit a Rooikat in its 40mm lower plate with a 1.5kg HEAT charge and hullbreak it but a Otomagic can tank 4 9kg heat hellfires to the 25mm turret face and be fine. 

And let's not even talk about how the 183mm and 165mm HESH rounds should be hullbreaking almost every vehicle in game but instead struggle to kill leopards. 

That's why there shouldn't be hullbreak at all, damage just needs to be reworked.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

That's why there shouldn't be hullbreak at all, damage just needs to be reworked.

That would be dumb.

It's there for a reason because light vehicles trolled normal tanks, they were unkillable

Edited by MTom
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal

8 hours ago, MTom said:

That would be dumb.

It's there for a reason because light vehicles trolled normal tanks, they were unkillable

That would be dumb to have normal damage model? Then make your magic mechanics for all tanks, why can't I hullbreak AMX-13, Leopards, T-34, Shermans? 

• Upvote 1