omarrrrrrrrrrrrr

broken hullbreak system

just grinded 250k of rp + at least 1.5 million sl and this what i got. 

Note: i don't specify the rooikat alone but also to all vehicles like tam that got hullbreak so easily, when will this get fixed seriously ?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

It’s a way to balance thinly armored vehicles. Before hull break, they would just eat round after round. Now that hull break is a threat, their lack of armor is an actual problem. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

It’s a way to balance thinly armored vehicles. Before hull break, they would just eat round after round. Now that hull break is a threat, their lack of armor is an actual problem. 

i hullbreak a bradly in his rear corner the round just enter and exit. it didn't even kill or do anything, its not fair not for me or the other players 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

Only for people who over rely on APHE

Now we have 25+ Ton vehicles like the Centauro and IFVs that Hull break like they're a Soviet Milk truck

or this:

On the other hand the one positive I personally take away from this is the Tunguska and ADATS are slightly less stupid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes very broken hull break mechanics.. 105mm would not hull break Aubl (premium one) he blows up my Merkava. I return in an M18 and try to steal the cap he was guarding with speed but he shoots his 76mm gun and hull breaks my M18. Is not fair play for everyone. Some get hull broken and some do not. I've also been coming across this in Naval battle with boats. I can hull break some and others soak up all my DD salvos. It will take 3-4 salvos to kill one.. It's not fair play... Mean while My pt boats blow up if I'm to close to another that get blown up?? There is no standardized system when it come to hull break.

@*RAazzy91 yes exactly!! 1 injured crew member.. No ammo hit.. Straight threw. That should not be hull break. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

i hullbreak a bradly in his rear corner the round just enter and exit. it didn't even kill or do anything, its not fair not for me or the other players 

What is unfair about it?

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

What is unfair about it?

unfair that u just scratch some paint and u got kill ! not even a single crew member injured or module damage. i don't like this system specially this xxxx, i don't want to spend days grinding a tank that could be killed with a sneeze ( the crew or the ammo rack in the tank is for a reason) not some xxxx hit a tire or track and get hullbreak kill

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

unfair that u just scratch some paint and u got kill !

also untrue that this happened

not even a single crew member injured or module damage.

which is exaclty the point of hull break - ther is more to a vehicle than the modules of WT models!

i don't like this system specially this xxxx, i don't want to spend days grinding a tank that could be killed with a sneeze ( the crew or the ammo rack in the tank is for a reason) not some xxxx hit a tire or track and get hullbreak kill

Fair enough that you don't like it, but complete exaggeration about "killed with a sneeze" - just emotional claptrap and worthless as evidence of commentary.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

which is exaclty the point of hull break - ther is more to a vehicle than the modules of WT models!

well so why add  these vehicles in first place :) grinding that boil ur blood and spending ton of sl for ohk vehicle. i recommend u see my video + @*RAazzy91 video up there. if u agree on this i think u got problem, in the end its a game don't try to make it like irl in which single hit,the crew leave the tank

1 hour ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

well so why add  these vehicles in first place :) grinding that boil ur blood and spending ton of sl for ohk vehicle. i recommend u see my video + @*RAazzy91 video up there. if u agree on this i think u got problem, in the end its a game don't try to make it like irl in which single hit,the crew leave the tank:good::good::good:

Exactly it's just a game.. Hull break needs to go. AB don't need it... It should only be in RB and SB modes. AB is for fun.  AB is not for frustration. Some players just like an easy kill. Some players don't want to work for thier kills.

Edited by *Roger13R
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARedneckSquirel said:

Sub caliber rounds should not be able to hullbreak

It's a crutch for poor aiming with high pen rounds, only full caliber and chemical energy shells should hell break 

Pretty sure hull break only takes place if you hit major things such as the gun breach, engine and other various components. Can say I've survived being struck by poorly aimed shells that just pop a shot into the side of the tank before  

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Hullbreak for APFSDS rounds is a bit ridiculous in how it works in game.

Hullbreak technically would only apply to rounds with some kind of explosive mass behind them heat, HE,hesh etc.

Rounds in the APFSDS category would pass through light armor without doing much damage unless the engine or personnel are hit.

Its the reason specific rounds like the DM33 pele was designed, which causes more spalling on light armor. 

And before anyone mentions that the round just penetrating the vehicle would kill the crew due to overpressure.. No it wouldn't the amount of overpressure needed within a vehicle to kill the crew is not something a apds or apfsds round is capable of generating. 

If they changed the way hullbreak works, it would also give vehicles a reason to carry anything else besides apfsds rounds.

They need to at least adjust the ability for apfsds rounds to not be able to hullbreak , it's a bit ridiculous to be hit in the tracks and that causing your entire tank to be a lost cause.

• Upvote 3

I used to like the hull break mechanic, back when it was 75mm or larger HE/AP shells, and the AP shells had to directly hit the engine, transmission, or gun breech.

Now it seems that if you've got a round with enough penetration, you can hull break almost anywhere.  I've been killed by hull break in the M18 from a T-34-57 that shot my driver with APHE while missing my engine, gun breech, and transmission.

medal

Hull break would be fine if they toned down the extremes. Track hit with APDS: hull break, nearby explosion fragments on track: hull break..

Best(worst?) examples I can think of are autocannons hull breaking by destroying any component now, fuel tanks or gun barrel count as well. Not even sure if this is intended.

Caused BMP-2 hull break by hitting the commander's optic with 30mm APDS from Warrior, how is that fair..

medal medal medal medal medal medal

i agree hullbreak should be limited to chemical rounds like heat with high explosive fillers at least 2.5 or 3 kg of tnt. before u need to hit engine or transmission or gun breach but  now apparently i don't know what exactly the mechanics of hullbreak right now but it seems a miss. 

My opinions is removing hullbreak mechanics and buff a little bit of shrapnel damage to thin armor plates. most modern vehicles nowadays has thin armor but the technology it has prevent it from being hit not mentioning the tactics of positioning the vehicle,so in the future when more light armored vehicles like LAV-AD this broken hullbreak mechanics will affect it 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, *Lightening_Drake said:

Pretty sure hull break only takes place if you hit major things such as the gun breach, engine and other various components. Can say I've survived being struck by poorly aimed shells that just pop a shot into the side of the tank before  

It shouldn't even do it if it hits major components, they're moving too fast and don't transfer energy nearly well enough to warrant destroying the whole vehicle because of their tiny cross section. You can hullbreak vehicles by hitting the radiators with APDS, something made of aluminum fins. 

1 hour ago, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

i agree hullbreak should be limited to chemical rounds like heat with high explosive fillers at least 2.5 or 3 kg of tnt. before u need to hit engine or transmission or gun breach but  now apparently i don't know what exactly the mechanics of hullbreak right now but it seems a miss. 

My opinions is removing hullbreak mechanics and buff a little bit of shrapnel damage to thin armor plates. most modern vehicles nowadays has thin armor but the technology it has prevent it from being hit not mentioning the tactics of positioning the vehicle,so in the future when more light armored vehicles like LAV-AD this broken hullbreak mechanics will affect it 

I think full caliber AP should be able to hullbreak, but it should still be kinetic energy depending. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

On 06/01/2020 at 14:00, omarrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

unfair that u just scratch some paint and u got kill ! not even a single crew member injured or module damage. i don't like this system specially this xxxx, i don't want to spend days grinding a tank that could be killed with a sneeze ( the crew or the ammo rack in the tank is for a reason) not some xxxx hit a tire or track and get hullbreak kill

I also don't want to grind a heavy tank that's more expensive, slower and with worse ammo, just to shoot a light tank that gets a favorable BR because of its lack of armor and have the round do absolutely nothing. Then, get clapped by a round developed 30 years after my tank was built.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CotorShas said:

I understand the need for hullbreak but this is not how it should work

https://streamable.com/0p24b 

exactly that's what i am talking about, some people cry because they can't place a well aimed shoot but instead want the whole tank to be one hit kill

• Upvote 2