Jump to content

Is there any chance we could get a weapon template? And/or ammunition templete?

 

I would probably try to make it, but while I'm good at old-style wikipedia, I suck in visual editor to build one that's usable within it, and I don't know anything about WT wiki's styling, so it's not particularly time-efficient.

 

I've seen some attempts made on Type 96, but it seems to be missing a portion of stats and I'm not sure how much changes are needed to turn it into a proper template within WT wiki.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

Is there any chance we could get a weapon template? And/or ammunition templete?

Are you looking for actual templates, or just standardised tables. If it's the latter, a collection of all tables currently in use on the wiki can be found at "WSP Table Templates" . Regarding the former, we are currently looking into converting all the tables into templates for ease of use, but there is no ETA for this switch and tables should continue to be created from the existing table formats.

 

8 hours ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

while I'm good at old-style wikipedia, I suck in visual editor

By "old-style wikipedia" do you mean the code-like wikitext version? You can also use that to edit the wiki, by clicking "edit source" instead.

 

 

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blastedryan said:

You mean the penetration stat and shell detail tables?

No, the information table, as on the 25 mm/60 Type 96 (25 mm), top-right

 

1 hour ago, DnaGonite said:

Are you looking for actual templates, or just standardised tables. If it's the latter, a collection of all tables currently in use on the wiki can be found at "WSP Table Templates" . Regarding the former, we are currently looking into converting all the tables into templates for ease of use, but there is no ETA for this switch and tables should continue to be created from the existing table formats.

Oh... ok. Will use standards tables then.

 

1 hour ago, DnaGonite said:

By "old-style wikipedia" do you mean the code-like wikitext version? You can also use that to edit the wiki, by clicking "edit source" instead.

I know. Just thinking out loud that the templates should be built with visual editor in mind, given that it's a default.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DnaGonite said:

Oh I see... We do have Template:AutoWeapon-Card, but it isn't quite as detailed as the one you linked to, and I'm not sure if there are any plans to expand it at the moment.

That one was intended only for tank coaxial and roof mounted machine guns. It was planned to make a more detailed one for main armaments, but I don' think anyone ever took up the task.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2020 at 04:31, Jareel_Skaj said:

but while I'm good at old-style wikipedia, I suck in visual editor to build one that's usable within it

 

I don't like using the visual editor, I stick with the coding, I feel I have more control over it.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, only one problem:

Some shells don't actually have a filler mass, but do instead have quoted "explodeHitpower" and "Explodearmourpower" values. Case in point: Hispano HEF-SAPI v.s. HEF-I. HEFI has 7 grams PETN (11.9g TNT Equiv.) quoted, but HEF-SAPI doesn't have anything and is just... blank. Which hurts.

 

In addition, some shells are inert but have fire chance et cetera, as well as penetration values quoted in the data files for the amount of armour the explosion penetrates.. While I'm not part of the WSP itself and thus feel like I'm a bit out of place saying this here, I think there needs to be something that editors can use to record fire chance et cetera. If you don't record that you're missing out on a large part of War Thunder weapon stats.

Edited by Aussie_Mantis
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...