Question regarding texts in italics (what you're supposed to describe in a section)

When do we remove them?

1. On a page of a weapon there's General info, am I supposed to write "the tactical and technical characteristics", or can I just remove it after filling-in ammunition and comparison sub-sections? Cause it seems to me that there's nothing to add over ammo specs, how it relates to similar weaponry and Usage in battles.
  2. I've seen people both: removing it and commenting it out. What's the official policy? If it's commenting out - how do I comment it out in a visual editor?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

When do we remove them?

Once text has been written in that subsection (ie directly underneath the instructions)

26 minutes ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

On a page of a weapon there's General info, am I supposed to write "the tactical and technical characteristics", or can I just remove it after filling-in ammunition and comparison sub-sections? Cause it seems to me that there's nothing to add over ammo specs, how it relates to similar weaponry and Usage in battles.

It should only be removed after "the tactical and technical characteristics" have been written about. I suppose this includes things like rate of fire, time to jam, etc.

28 minutes ago, Jareel_Skaj said:

I've seen people both: removing it and commenting it out. What's the official policy? If it's commenting out - how do I comment it out in a visual editor?

They should always be commented out. I think the easiest way to do so in the visual editor would be to copy the instructions, remove them, then reinsert as a comment (Top bar -> Insert -> More -> Comment)

• Thanks 1
medal medal

Cheers, thank you for a quick answer :)

18 minutes ago, DnaGonite said:

It should only be removed after "the tactical and technical characteristics" have been written about. I suppose this includes things like rate of fire, time to jam, etc.

Isn't that quite problematic? Given that weapons can be used on a number of units, I'm not sure how to address it.

For weapons that are used on only 1 unit it's fairly easy - I could insert a table with all the specs from x-ray view, including even Horizontal and Vertical guidance, in a similar table to the Shell details you have added for the Type 11.

But if something's used in a wide variety of units, on various mounts (single/double/triple) it gets tricky.

To give you an example:
25 mm/60 Type 96 (25 mm) - gun is used on 14 naval vessels, and I just looked up its statistics in X-ray view on some vessels:

Type T-14 (Mod 01) Syonan IJN Kiyoshimo
Ammo 1950 1950 1500
Fire rate 261/min 261/min 261/min
Reloading rate 2s 1.6s 2s
medal medal medal medal medal medal