Sign in to follow this  
True_Canadian

idiocracy of ground forces

I've been playing WT since 2014 and all in all I've been having fun but I have a grocery list of issue with the game.  I understand that it's Gajin sandbox and i just play in it but quality of life change could help keep senior player retention.  I understand they want people to buy prem accounts, tanks,booster..... but I've never seen a F2P game that put this must effort in to making your blood boil.   I also understand the Gaijin for the most part does there own thing and doesn't  really take player input to heart.  But when the dust settles and they find themselves hemorrhaging player we could tell them I told you so. 

Here a quick and dirty list of idiocracy in ground forces that have caused my friend to stop playing the game. 

1) Having to research spare parts and fire extinguisher.  No tank crew in the world would of left for the field of battle without some form of spare parts or the knowledge of how to repair their tank. I doubt they would leave without fire extinguisher.  In the USSR case they probably had 7 T34 ready to go. How is this fun been tracked, engine knocked or gun breach destroyed and unable to move, shoot or both.  Your only option are to J out. 

2)  The grind. is real.  i understand they want people to spend money on prem account and tanks to help them move up the ranks but having a min research cap per tier is a pretty xxxx move in my opinion. having to unlock 5-6 vehicle that require 45-76k ex to unlock the next tier require alot of time. Alot of my friend have stop playing due to the fact you not only have to research every single tank but also buy every single tank 

3) The low graphic exploit.   Come on Gaijin why allow people to drop their graphic setting down to 0 and get a advantage. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal

I'll just add some of my own.

Gaijin's Priority of pumping out new content and very expensive top tier premium stuff, rather than Balancing game play and fixing bugs that have plagued the game for years.

You might have claimed to be out of open beta for ages now, but war thunder still feels like a giant tech demo. game modes have been left untouched and have gone stale (Air RB anyone?) or felt like you completely given up on because you failed to get it right (naval forces). If you took away the appeal of the realistic military hardware. you are left with very bare bones game modes that are unpolished and not fun All.

Land and naval maps are based on very uninspired variations of point capture, sure you could say you get sim battles and EC but the appeal of those is even less how many times do you see players join an EC match and they leave only after 10 mins of it because its boring as hell, like it was even possible to make something more mundane and boring than your point capture maps but somehow you did it.

Also your map design is bad, like very bad from an artistic standpoint and a game play balance one.

Also grindy as hell season events, sure make something worth getting, but when you make it impossibly hard that you would have to give up real life commitments like work and family just to earn it without spending a dime, then no its not worth it.

now can I please have my end of Rant Lollypop?

Edited by Royal_Jellybags
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I've been a player of this game since 2016, with some long and short breaks from it. But since 2019 this game has been the only game i've played.

I like the game in general, but there's a couple of problems that keeps me getting frustrated and i would probably get even more frustrated if i had put in lots of money in it.

1. Since i play Ground Forces RB 99% time I have a BIG problem with the planes. Sometimes the whole xxxx sky is full of them and you cant even get out of respawn without getting killed. I dont think they completely should remove the planes from the game, but maybe reduce the total amount of players that can be up in the sky at the same time. I know several FPS-games that has this feature and prevents the game from being swamped with gamers playing as sniper etc.

And the whole thing when a player wanna revenge and come back in his plane 15 seconds after you have killed him is a joke to me. It feels much of a joke when you sometimes spawn 4 minutes away from the battlefield with your tank and the planes can reach the battlefield in no time.

2. The  re-spawn point system that increases after every death. Just like i said you can get **** just when you spawned in your tank by a plane, and that could be the end for your whole game. I think the spawncost should be the same through out the whole game.

3. The grinding in general for stupid modifications like FPE or spare parts when you purchased a new tank and even bought yourself a specific crew for that tank. The crew you buy should already have at least the FPE and the spare parts modification when you play the tank for the first time.

4. Every game feels like its missing something that makes it fun to play and i cant explain what it is. I think i almost only play it to buy myself new tanks and spade the tank crew.

Just like i said: This game has been my top game and only game for 2019. But now i starting to get really tired of it because of these things. I feel that the game it self has a lot of potential, but for me that usually wanna play games just for fun and have a relaxing time with friends, this game just dosnt fit me that way.

I feel like the owners of this game is too greedy and only want the players money. I could imagine myself paying for this game if it gets better and funnier to play. Right now i dont see any point in invest any of my money into the game. Even i can understand that the grinding would never end even if i payed for using premium. They keep on releasing new premium tanks all the time, but serious gameplay problems are not prioritized.

And lets not forget that it cost **** loads of SL to play higher tiers. Ive never had problem with keeping my economy in the game on the plus side, but when playing american tanks 7.5 tier it suddenly goes minus. Sure im not the best player, but like i said, before i reached that tier I could hold my economy together.

So yeah... Sorry for my bad english, im from sweden.

• Like 1

Gaijin definitely is going after short term profit over long term player retention.

Continually adding to the top of the tech trees while ignoring issues with lower tier vehicles that are in some cases, years old. Offering a top tier premium helicopter that has NO counter at its BR. Like WTF? Offering Rank VI premium tanks with thermal sights and high mobility that have a clear advantage over most other vehicles they face.

And basically snubbing tank players in favor of pilots whom already have two exclusive game modes for themselves.

Unfortunately it's still better than the other tank game IMHO (for RB play) but if you can't retain players, it won't matter.

medal medal

20 hours ago, True_Canadian said:

They also don't have a competitor 

A largely unrecognized factor.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this