shillin

Russian tanks are OP?

8 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Russian "good tanks...in the sense they are usually above average at their BR...up to BR5.3 where i am now:

BT7

T50

T34/42

some KV1

T34/57

IS1

Totally agreed.  The T34/57 is a particularly fun tank to play.  I would not consider it OP by any means though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, Valcour said:

Totally agreed.  The T34/57 is a particularly fun tank to play.  I would not consider it OP by any means though.

Is1 really? I suppose in ab, in rb it is just a lesser tank than the t34-85's... (Not that a t34-85 is a great tank anymore)

• Upvote 1
medal

14 minutes ago, Pelegai said:

Is1 really? I suppose in ab, in rb it is just a lesser tank than the t34-85's... (Not that a t34-85 is a great tank anymore)

5.3...a gun that kills most things...armor that sometimes bounces and/or holds...

Of course that vs 5.7s it is harder...

T34 is vulnerable to anything...

15 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

XD

You can do it to around 700m if hes is perfectly facing you, not moving and not higher than you

VS not at all from any angle, any range for the Tiger II... quit downplaying things when you literally have 0 argument, and no, it's out to 1.4km not your 700m.

Spoiler

Spoiler

9pPHzeU.png

Either you are didn't even bother testing an easily testable thing or you seriously think everyone here is just some brainlet that you can just lie to about something so simple.

The Kugelblitz has a turret rotation speed of 24° per second with a max ace crew and spaded vehicle.

That is not enough to shoot down enemy attackers that are racing around you with jets and A2D's

Not every single shot is going to be some high speed deflection shot. Especially with fighters and bombers that just loiter strafing targets you will have absolutely no problem killing things with its high velocity and rate of fire. That combined with it's pen better than the 40mm bofors. Even though it's 1/3 shots that is apcr, thats still 150rpm of APCR vs the M42's 120rpm. I've had people tell me that the M42 was flat out better than the Coelion because it has a higher pen so if you have any arguments with this then take it up with your friends on the German forums. Their words not mine.

Once again, I am not counting in the removed vehicles.

You aren't counting them because you are downplaying any advantage Germany has so you can still play the victim despite having the best, most diverse 6.7 line up in the game.

I would take the T114 and T92 over the Jpz 100% of the time.

Interesting you would say that since you have 0 play time in either the T114 and T92. The T92 has god awful gun performance that gets outperformed by most German APHE at this tier. It has a top speed that gets capped off at 57kmh so on any big roads like on poland you will have some medium tanks out speeding you. It also has a reverse of only 8kmh, but you wouldn't know that because you only read stat cards of other nations and reverse speed isn't mentioned on those. The only thing the T92 has going for it is the reload which is sorely needed since you are practically firing needles through houses. The T114 has good burst potential, but as soon as you empty the magazine you are left with a 14 second reload for each shot unless you want to sit around for a minute and a half reloading each shell It also has the terrible gun handling of the 106mm recoiless rifle, but doesn't even get the only shell worth using for it which is the HESH so you are stuck with pin needle spalling on the HEAT meaning you are lucky if you don't use up your entire clip on any encounter with a heavy tank. The T114 is definitely a good 6.7 tank, but it still isn't better than the RU251, but I'll use your tactics and say that I see fewer 8020GE T114's than I do removed German 6.7s so I hereby declare that the T114 doesn't count. If you have any issues with this forward your complaints to yourself. The T114 has less battles last month than every single removed 6.7 and the Panther II has 4x more battles than it at 8986 compared to 2242 The JPz is pretty much a straight upgrade to something like the M56 so if the 4-5 is going to stay at 6.7 then the M56 needs a drop in BR. I also like how you failed to mention the RU251 here since it is absolutely the best 6.7 in game and could easily perform at 7.3. It has the best HP/T ratio, the best forward and reverse speed, excellent gun performance, smoke grenades. I have the RU251 and it's easily one of my favorite light tanks in the game with how easy mode it is. It fills the meta better than some 7.3 mediums like the M47 and M48, but gets the luxury BR of 6.7.

This guy is a new player trying to get a general idea of the balance of the game and you are coming in here straight up lying about objectively true things such as the Tiger IIH reliably penning the T29 at 1.4km to get some pity points for the victim complex. It's like you are secretly getting paid to just go an indoctrinate people into the propaganda spewing echo chamber that is the German player base. I would take you seriously more if you didn't downplay every little advantage that Germany has. You haven't played a single nation other than Germany. You don't even need to own these vehicles. It would be fine if you have fought these vehicles across a wide variety of nations to see how they perform against different vehicle types and styles, but you literally only have the bare minimum of fighting them in the same exact vehicles and all of a sudden you know every nuanced detail about them apparently. The best gameplay tactic of the German playerbase is to whine until their vehicles are put at a BR where they don't need an actual tactic and you are literally the poster child of this stereotype.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Taeblamees said:

They have about the same surface area on turret front you can pen and do damage. T29 is far more trolly and I don't just mean it's hard to know where to aim, it flat out just eats the shot sometimes.

Besides T29 and T34 have so much else going for them even before we take lineups into account. Why aren't these 2 in 7.0 already is baffeling.

You mean can pen the lower 1/4 or even 1/5 of the UFP.

The T29 being penned on both a massive mantlet and both the UFP and LFP is not even relatively the same as the Tiger II only being able to be penned through a much smaller mantlet. The T29 has a spall liner protecting it from entering the crew compartment, but every single time you will still destroy the gun breach because the end of that isn't behind the spall liner.

so much else going for them even before we take lineups into account.

Germany has a better line up though? So we now have that Germnay has a better protected Heavy tank and better line ups...

What Tortoise and T95 have that Jadgtiger doesn't? They will not face british APDS nor american HEATFS inrealistic battlemode. My biggest grudge with Jadg is that british and americans can simply lolpen it from any place, angle and distance.

There were more battles in the RU251 alone than most other 6.7 tanks. That doesn't even take into account the JPz 4-5 and LeKPZ M41. So acting like the US is the only nation that has fast HEAT tanks is just a joke at this point.

6 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

Either you are didn't even bother testing an easily testable thing or you seriously think everyone here is just some brainlet that you can just lie to about something so simple.

At 1400m you are no using the analysis correctly.

You have to go down with the camera a bit more.

By the way, 196mm pen and 198mm protection.

Do you know what happen when you play an online game?

Yup, the server will have a ping.

If you are not perfectly lucky and have an extremely low ping, you can forget penetrating that.

Germany has a better line up though? So we now have that Germnay has a better protected Heavy tank and better line ups...

Better protected on the stat card maybe.

But only on the hull.

AND then we count crew members, ammo rack in the turret, crew spacing, mobility, gun depression and matchmaking in.

The T29 usually never faces fully stabilized APDS.

The Tiger II regularly faces 8 fully stabilized APDS firing vehicles that will still frontally penetrate it over extreme ranges.

There were more battles in the RU251 alone than most other 6.7 tanks. That doesn't even take into account the JPz 4-5 and LeKPZ M41. So acting like the US is the only nation that has fast HEAT tanks is just a joke at this point.

Great.

The Ru 251 was still pay to be competitive for over 2 years.

You still had to pay for it.

The M41 came 2 years late.

Period

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal

but every single time you will still destroy the gun breach because the end of that isn't behind the spall liner.

Maybe.

But on top of the the T29 mantlet is not even fully penetrable.

Its is overlapping with the 152mm sides AND you can angle the turret.

T92 has god awful gun performance

But the M41 with the same gun and ammo at the same BR is supposed to save Germany then?

coming in here straight up lying about objectively true things such as the Tiger IIH reliably penning the T29 at 1.4km

*Uses the protection analysis wrong*

Even in your perfect scenario the shell has 2mm less pen than the T29 is protected against and an extremely high change to nonpen.

When you count in that this game is online, you can forget it.

Reliable 

What a joke

HESH so you are stuck with pin needle spalling on the HEAT

Weird

Recoilles rifles almost always oneshot me if they can hit the UFP at a good angle.

Especially with fighters and bombers that just loiter strafing targets you will have absolutely no problem killing things with its high velocity

Sure.

Kugelblitz has no chance in following medium-high speed passes.

Being able to shoot down some slow attacker that makes loopings in front of your gun doesn't help.

5 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

At 1400m you are no using the analysis correctly.

You have to go down with the camera a bit more.

I'm putting the gun barrel direct center of the screen. If anything the parabola of the shot at those ranges would have the camera more up on the tank, but I'm putting it at the same height that I've seen everyone else on these forums use because if you are level with the gun barrel you are parallel with the ground. Quit finding every little thing to nit pick since you can't actually come up with real counter arguments.

By the way, 196mm pen and 198mm protection.

Do you know what happen when you play an online game?

Yup, the server will have a ping.

If you are not perfectly lucky and have an extremely low ping, you can forget penetrating that.

How about I drop it down to 1km that the Tiger II can pen? That makes it more reliable and even still able to go through at slight angles. That's still 1km more than the T29 can do to the Tiger II. You also have to realize that people are hitting a much smaller weakspot reliably on tanks like the T-80U at top tier. It would be different if this was some pixel shot, but you have the entirety of the area under the add on tracks that you can pen on the T29. You also have the LFP that can be penned at very extreme angles because it has these parts that stick out. I managed to one shot 2 T29s using this yesterday in my IS-2.

Better protected on the stat card maybe.

But only on the hull.

AND then we count crew members, ammo rack in the turret, crew spacing, mobility, gun depression and matchmaking in.

How can you downplay something so hard???? The Tiger II is completely immune to the T29 from the front.

There is only 1 more crew member in the T29 which might save you occasionally, but is not very reliable. Crew spacing is definitely good on the T29. The turret ammo rack on the Tiger II is no different than the Hull ammo rack on the T29. That also doesn't take into account that you straight up couldn't ammo kill the Tiger II through the rear of it's turret due to a massive bug and even after it got "patched" it is still super unreliable and works only half the time. For mobility you have a wopping 1 HP/T difference, but the Tiger II is 7kmh faster so it's going to be more mobile in practice.

The T29 usually never faces fully stabilized APDS.

The Tiger II regularly faces 8 fully stabilized APDS firing vehicles that will still frontally penetrate it over extreme ranges.

The 20pdr stabilized guns could probably go up to 7.0 but you are severely overestimating how much playtime they get. Almost any game you play the American vehicles will make up more than half of what you are facing.

10 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

I managed to one shot 2 T29s using this yesterday in my IS-2.

Ever heard of APHEBC modifier?

Iirc you can even pen through the addon tracks becasue of that.

Against this shell you face like only 170mm of armor effectiveness.

11 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

The Tiger II is completely immune to the T29 from the front

?

11 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

There is only 1 more crew member in the T29 which might save you occasionally

Except that you cannot oneshot the T series through the turret.

You kill a maximum of 2 crew.

12 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

1 HP/T difference,

And that makes a huge difference.

I have a Tiger and a Tiger 105

Tiger 105 has same Hp/ton as T29.

13 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

Almost any game you play the American vehicles will make up more than half of what you are facing.

So?

Half the team is US go karts and extremely strong heavies and the other half stabilized MBTs?

6 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Ever heard of APHEBC modifier?

Iirc you can even pen through the addon tracks becasue of that.

Against this shell you face like only 170mm of armor effectiveness.

Spoiler

OOsgLzh.png

Literally doesn't change the fact that this is a reliable one shot even for the Tiger II. I'm just putting a practical example into my argument since I don't often play the Tiger II. Any angle higher than this and you can over match the side hull armor. Meaning you have a guaranteed pen and most likely one shot at most ranges as long as the T29 isn't hull down.

?

Hull is immune* There is literally no range at which the T29 can get through the Tiger II in it's hull while the Tiger II has a guaranteed 1 shot through the hull. Both tanks have an easy one shot on each other, so what get over it. The T29 has the advantage of hiding it's weakpoint by going hull down while the Tiger II has a much smaller area to hit.

Half the team is US go karts and extremely strong heavies and the other half stabilized MBTs?

Like I said the 20pdrs can go up to 7.0, but the US OPEEEEE argument because they have "HEAT Go karts" isn't valid anymore because Germany essentially has 3 upgrades to what the US has access to. After people have time to grind out the M41 the same exact thing can be said for the T series tanks having to fight the RU251, JPz 4-5, M41, and BMP-1. You are seriously living in an era where Germany had only 1 tank at 6.7, but things have changed. Germany has one of the most diverse 6.7 line ups with 3 HEAT slingers which are all upgrades of US vehicles, 3 Heavy tanks same as the US, a tank destroyer with the Highest APHE pen of any tank at this BR meaning you get better pen than the APDS and HEATFS of the M41 while getting massive post pen damage. You get 2 AA, one that excels at AT and one that excels at AA while most nations get 1 AA that is good at one or the other. Times have changed and you need to realize that. Also the 3 removed 6.7 DO count because all 3 are getting more play time than the Cent Mk3, Caernarvon, and FV4202 so if we aren't going to count the Tiger 105, Panther II, and Coelion then we aren't counting those 3.

10 hours ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

Noodlecup still struggles with the fact that the US T series also has ammo in the turret. 

Have you managed to actually ammo rack the thing from the front?

I haven't

10 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

S OPEEEEE argument because they have "HEAT Go karts" isn't valid

No

MM unfair is what I say

Not US OP

On 02/01/2020 at 14:56, Pelegai said:

It is all subjective.  I think French Rank 1 is fun too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Have you managed to actually ammo rack the thing from the front?

I haven't

I've ammo racked them and been ammo racked, Not to mention the sides of the turret are 152mm, so if you angle the T29/30/34, even the Panthers can pen them.

2 hours ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

There are only 2 things I see wrong with Russian tanks troll Armour and unrealistic penetration at certain degrees they also become extremely effective with 0 packet loss and good ping rate

I see something wrong as well....A true biased person... you sir... 

• Haha 1
medal

6 hours ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

I'm as unbiased as they get :facepalm:

I want balance throughout the game 

Yeah start with your crusade against murica ...that will help balancing :facepalm:..

And if you somehow don't know how to kill a (or outperform a) Russian tank 3.7-7.3..., it's not magic, but just laziness to check in the armour view and shoot at the turret, most, if not all 4.0 vehicle can kill all Russian tanks easily until 7.3..

Edited by Pelegai
medal

10 hours ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

There are only 2 things I see wrong with Russian tanks troll Armour and unrealistic penetration at certain degrees they also become extremely effective with 0 packet loss and good ping rate

8 hours ago, Pelegai said:

I see something wrong as well....A true biased person... you sir... 

The T-34 used to have an issue where the drivers hatch didn't have a limit on the maximum armor so it could have crazy unpennable armor at certain angle angles, but that's been patched out long ago. Now almost all of the issues with armor is present across most nations such as optic ports eating shells. As for slope modifiers, they can be weird, but it's not enough to push up the Russian win rate to any significant area where it's a major issue. If anything, if the numbers were fixed it would cause a lot of vehicles to need to go down in BR which could break things pretty bad when it comes to things like the IS series which already have meh gun performance, but good armor so if they were to go any lower you would run into issues similar to the Jumbo. You either have have a tank at a BR where it has OP armor and a meh gun or good armor and an almost unusable gun. IMO the broken stuff really just saves us from a balancing mess that a good majority of heavy tanks suffer from.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, AnimeThighs said:

The T-34 used to have an issue where the drivers hatch didn't have a limit on the maximum armor so it could have crazy unpennable armor at certain angle angles, but that's been patched out long ago. Now almost all of the issues with armor is present across most nations such as optic ports eating shells. As for slope modifiers, they can be weird, but it's not enough to push up the Russian win rate to any significant area where it's a major issue. If anything, if the numbers were fixed it would cause a lot of vehicles to need to go down in BR which could break things pretty bad when it comes to things like the IS series which already have meh gun performance, but good armor so if they were to go any lower you would run into issues similar to the Jumbo. You either have have a tank at a BR where it has OP armor and a meh gun or good armor and an almost unusable gun. IMO the broken stuff really just saves us from a balancing mess that a good majority of heavy tanks suffer from.

Most Russian tanks just delete whatever they shot at but outside of that the gun performance as you said is meh. Reloads normally slow on their heavier tanks gun handling is lacking. I tend to stick at 5.7 as i feel they are the most fun their and run around in the IS-2 which alot of people will say its op but i don't see it.

medal medal medal

If you're truly new, just play the game. You'll eventually get it. Should you expect to be competent against good players in anything? No. All you can do is keep improving. I wouldn't pay too much attention to a lot of these forum suggestions. Most of them are subpar tankers who complain about anything they're not driving. Also, look for a mentor. Someone's having a quality match with 8+ kills, hit them up and ask if they can teach you. Only issue with this is that many elite tankers are toxic salty vets who at first glance probably sound like they hate the game.

medal medal