shillin

Russian tanks are OP?

Soviet shells generally have a lot of explosive filler, but they aren't the best tanks in the game. Try German tanks or the American ones, they can be considered one of the best right now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shillin said:

new to the game but I see so many players playing Russian tanks and they always seem to one shot me. they the best tanks out there?

 

They were the best tanks before Leopard got introduced. Leopard 1 dominated for a long time, especially since cHEATFS and Leo's armor were just hilariously broken. That was the last time Soviets dominated top tier. Since then US and GER have been passing the torch of the best tree.

  

3 hours ago, shillin said:

I have done that, I take about 20 of each shells, mite take even less in that case

 

 

20 of each shell? Don't take each shell at all, take just the best one (and even less than 20 if you can), unless it's AP with no HE filler, then take max 5 HE shells as well to kill trucks and light vehicles. Don't take APCR if you can avoid it. There are guides and lists on the wiki for each vehicle how many shells you have to remove to empty each rack, look for them.

 

But like Ketrab said, Soviets are far from best vehicles in game; right now US is the best tree in game, followed very closely be GER. UK gets squadded with US everytime; like ITA does with GER. JP and USSR are the non-athletic kids no-one wants and are passed from one team to the other. China is usually with USSR the few times it actually appears in battle. It's a good thing that US and GER can't team up cause then the game would just die at higher tiers, cause few would be stupid enough to be willing to play against them - they'd basically just be PR and lion pinatas for US+GER team and nothing more. No wonder top tier SB event ques are 50 NATO vs 3 USSR.

 

Soviets are really competitive and good only until tier 3, they are the so called jacks-of-all-trades, then they peter-out in tier 4 and have good vehicles only here and there, with their air support quality dropping like a rock. Their CAS is almost non-existent, only JP have it worse. Their SPAA is bad, only China is worse and that's because China has no SPAA below 5.3 and only 3 vehicles above that. Soviet jets are mediocre, Gaijin keeps refusing to give them truly good stuff and Gaijin keeps IL-2 line deliberately nigh-useless by refusing to give them the weapon they used most of any other during the war.

 

As for Soviet shells: Gaijin made a big nerf a few years back to shells with high HE-filler content which hit Soviets the worst. In my old squad we did a lot of testing then and found out that in some scenarios German 75mm shells with 29g of TNT performed better than Soviet shells with 120g as ridiculous as it sounds. I have even had higher one-shot rate with my Pz IV G than with KV-2 Zis-6 even though Zis-6 ammo has 440g of TNT and for some reason would just kill a single crew member when hitting enemy tanks like Tigers in the side. If you like to one-shot tanks get AC IV from UK tree, even though it has only solid shot it works fantastic against Panzers, especially in SB where it's undertiered severely. In US tree the first true one-shot gun is the M3 half-truck, then M10 with 76mm and M18, then the tree gets really good and just keeps getting better.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shillin said:

I can see why so many players at the lower tiers are playing Russian/American tanks. its not even fun playing german. they are just to tough

 

Great attempt, as your name clearly states shill... I think this topic deserves a lock..

Edited by Pelegai
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2019 at 05:06, shillin said:

new to the game but I see so many players playing Russian tanks and they always seem to one shot me. they the best tanks out there?

 

Russian top tier is the worst by far. 

 

 

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shillin said:

I can see why so many players at the lower tiers are playing Russian/American tanks. its not even fun playing german. they are just to tough

 

 

I don't see how you came to this conclusion. GER is always one of the most fun nations to play and one of the easiest. Hell, of all the nations it's in GER that I got to tier 5 the fastest.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 10:06, shillin said:

new to the game but I see so many players playing Russian tanks and they always seem to one shot me. they the best tanks out there?

 

Russian bias is dead and has been for a couple years. Now it just comes up occasionally as a dumb meme. The 2 strongest nations are Germany and US. Germany controls from 1.0 - 8.7 while US controls 9.0+. Each nation keeps getting stronger at their respective brackets rather than Gaijin doing the actually reasonable thing of helping out the other nations to make them equal. An example is Germany 6.7. It used to be a pretty meh bracket for them, but with all the incessant whining Germany just straight up skyrocketed past everyone else within a couple patches. The line up now sits at 3 heavy tanks, 1 medium tank, 2 light tanks 2 of the best non radar SPAA in game and 2 tank destroyers. 10 tanks for that bracket and I don't even think there is enough crew slots you can buy to fill all that. As for America they have 4 Abrams 1 prototype Abrams, 2 MBT 70s, and the best SPAA in game. In a couple days they will also get a merkava with thermals. The 2 most important things for a strong nation is good line ups and good SPAA. Russia really doesn't have either of these and when they do it's one or the other and never both.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

Russian bias is dead and has been for a couple years. Now it just comes up occasionally as a dumb meme. The 2 strongest nations are Germany and US. Germany controls from 1.0 - 8.7 while US controls 9.0+. Each nation keeps getting stronger at their respective brackets rather than Gaijin doing the actually reasonable thing of helping out the other nations to make them equal. An example is Germany 6.7. It used to be a pretty meh bracket for them, but with all the incessant whining Germany just straight up skyrocketed past everyone else within a couple patches.

 

This. Gaijin are insanely buffing US and GER (especially US) into infinity.

 

13 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

The line up now sits at 3 heavy tanks, 1 medium tank, 2 light tanks 2 of the best non radar SPAA in game and 2 tank destroyers.

 

More TD's. Ferdi. Jagdtiger. Jagdpanther. Prem Jagdpanther. Jpz 4-5 (reminds me of wehraboo screams "Why is my Tiggah fighting Cold War tonks?!")

 

13 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

10 tanks for that bracket and I don't even think there is enough crew slots you can buy to fill all that. As for America they have 4 Abrams 1 prototype Abrams, 2 MBT 70s, and the best SPAA in game.

 

2 proto Abramses (GM and C - you can play both on same account). Don't forget the best damn jet tree in game with almost every single plane being a fantastic CAS. Then AH-1G and AH-1Z. And of course ADATS, the king of TD.

 

13 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

In a couple days they will also get a merkava with thermals. The 2 most important things for a strong nation is good line ups and good SPAA. Russia really doesn't have either of these and when they do it's one or the other and never both.

 

And that inevitably gets nerfed cause of pre-emptive and constant screams of Russian Bias that make Gaijin sheet themselves and immediately appease russophobes.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2019 at 13:52, AnimeThighs said:

The line up now sits at 3 heavy tanks, 1 medium tank, 2 light tanks 2 of the best non radar SPAA in game and 2 tank destroyers.

3 of them removed from tech tree so new players can't get them, 2 of them are premium, Jadgtiger and kugel are useless, JPz 4-5 is very situational, it can be the best, it can be the worst choice.

 

13 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

This. Gaijin are insanely buffing US and GER (especially US) into infinity.

For GER they're merely bringing it up to standard (while also nerfing shell performance on slopes (because reasons) and optics because they found like 1 questionable source that said otherwise). At the same time russian APHE magical performance on slopes remains untouched.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

More TD's. Ferdi. Jagdtiger. Jagdpanther. Prem Jagdpanther. Jpz 4-5 (reminds me of wehraboo screams "Why is my Tiggah fighting Cold War tonks?!")

Ferdi at 6.7 is crap

Jagdtiger is worse crap

The Jpz 4-5 is not really good

 

The German 6.7 lineup without the hidden vehicles consits of an utterly useless Kugelblitz, two outclassed Tiger II H, two good light tanks, a bad Jpz 4-5 and a slow as hell Jagdtiger that cannot use its armor

 

 

German 6.7 is far from insanely overbuffed.

Yes its better than Russia but Russia and Germany get teamed together these days and get yeetstomped by US and UK.

 

 

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

The Jpz 4-5 is not really good

With how many times I have had wehraboos tell me how OP the M56, T92, and M50 is you cannot tell me that a vehicle that is better than all 3 is "not really good".  The JPz 4-5 and RU251 are some of the best 6.7 tanks in game due to their speed and gun performance so you can't just downplay their performance when it's convenient.

 

On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

The German 6.7 lineup without the hidden vehicles

This "hidden tanks bs" hasn't even had time to take effect yet. Pretty much every person who even slightly cares about German vehicles still has them and the only people who don't care about Germany or people who are people super new to the game. We are talking about Germany with their full line up because a large majority of people will have the full line up.

On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

an utterly useless Kugelblitz

Utterly useless? What does that make the M42? It's better in literally every single category including pen. I've had people call the M42 OP because it has a high pen that can get through the sides of German tanks so what happens when an SPAA is both better at AA and AT capabilities?

 

On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

two outclassed Tiger II H

A Tiger II played by the general masses and a Tiger II played by people who have invested in the game and know what they are doing**** The Sla 16 generally holds about a 50% better KDR on thunderskill than the baselines TII because it's not played by the masses of history channel experts who think their Tiger II is invincible. At this point the Tiger II is no worse than the T29. The Tiger II can still reliable pen the gun mantlet of the T29 out to 900m on a larger surface area than the mantlet area on the Tiger II, pen the upper front plate of the T29 out to 1400m straight into all of it's ammo, something the T29 can only dream about doing at point blank on a Tiger II.

On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

slow as hell Jagdtiger

How does that compare to the Tortoise with worse speed, worse armor and worse gun? What about the entirety of the USSR TD line which has sub par speed combined with terrible armor? You have the best pen APHE gun at 6.7 with armor that will defend you against 70% of the opponents you face? What do you classify as a good armored TD if it's not the Jagdtiger? The T95 sacrifices more speed and gun performance for extra armor that only nets it at an even higher BR with more tanks that cut right through it and even in a downtier almost everyone knows to shoot the cupola so even APHE can kill the T95 from the front while it can't on the Jagdtiger.

 

Germany has a total of 10 6.7 vehicles in total. That is enough to fill every single crew spot you can possibly buy for a nation and that doesn't even include planes. Germany is fairly insanely buffed at 6.7, but you continue to whine because you know that works and Gaijin gets fed up with the constant German complaining and takes action to shut it up. That's how we now have a 10 vehicle line up at 6.7 Germany, but that still isn't enough for you. You just want them even lower. The biggest complaint I saw from German players about US 6.7 was the HEAT-FS light tanks and now Germany has 3 which are straight upgrades of the American counterparts, but as soon as that happens then it's magically not a factor that makes a nation strong anymore.

On 31/12/2019 at 06:48, NoodleCup31 said:

Germany get teamed together these days and get yeetstomped by US and UK.

I've actually been playing the IS-2s quite a bit recently and the issue I'm seeing is Germany as this pissy defeatist attitude where they die once and just leave the game because they think it's just an automatic loss and start the next round. I had a guy using a Tiger IIP and some panthers get 8 kills against US and UK 6.7 because he kept spawning new vehicles and getting back into the fight, but no it's all the vehicles fault and Rommel420 is a perfect player who never makes mistakes. It's not like only playing a single nation has set in bad habits that only reinforce themselves by not switching up play styles found when playing different nations. Not at all.

Spoiler

pWAXKNu.png

You toooaaatalllyyyy don't have any inherent bias and interest for Germany to become a stronger nation molded by a community that has turned into an echo chamber. Not at all. You 100% have a clear understanding on how every other nation plays along with their strengths and weaknesses when the number of battles you have in other nation's ground vehicles can be counted on a single hand. I'm sure you are an expert on the M26, T-44, Type 61, and Cent Mk3 knowing every little detail about them from your 30 second fight that occurs every 20 minutes or so.

 

Shillin absolutely listen to NoodleCup here because he has no biased opinions at all.

 

Me you ask???

Spoiler

gVacXkJ.png

Well I am just some Russian shill who only looks to improve a single nation obviously.

Edited by AnimeThighs
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

With how many times I have had wehraboos tell me how OP the M56, T92, and M50 is you cannot tell me that a vehicle that is better than all 3 is "not really good".  The JPz 4-5 and RU251 are some of the best 6.7 tanks in game due to their speed and gun performance so you can't just downplay their performance when it's convenient.

The Jagdpanzer 4-5 isn't a bad TD, As an TD it is a solid Allrounder. But seriously, I have more Fun with the M56 Scorpion since it is a lot more Mobile from a get go than the JPz. And this is MY Opinion.

 

Hell, I might consider 6.7 the most balanced BR out there right now. Germany vs. US & UK just works really well for the most Part.

Do you consider the US Lineup at 6.7 weak ?? The US 6.7 Lineup itself is already really good. Add the UK with their 6.7 Mediums to it and you have a Team that isn't really weaker than anything the German Tree can throw at you. And seriously, how many Players out there go through Ten Vehicles in one Game ?? Almost none I would say since it will become to expensive...

 

But since the Soviet Tree has almost no 6.7 Vehicles at their disposal this doesn't matter anyway since all Matches you see with a 6.7 Lineup are at least 7.3 which is still really Balanced, wouldn't you say ? Ok, Thunderskill might say something different again.....xD

Edited by T00dl3s
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

a vehicle that is better than all

Doubt

2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

almost everyone knows to shoot the cupola so even APHE can kill the T95 from the front while it can't on the Jagdtiger.

You are living 2 years in the past.

 

This way of effectively killing them has been "fixed" a long time ago.

2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

Germany has a total of 10 6.7 vehicles in total.

Once again, I am not counting in the removed vehicles.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Once again, I am not counting in the removed vehicles.

But you should because 90% of the German Tree Playerbase have them and they are not afraid to use them^^

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

pen the upper front plate of the T29 out to 1400m straight

XD

You can do it to around 700m if hes is perfectly facing you, not moving and not higher than you

2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

when an SPAA is both better at AA and AT capabilities?

The Kugelblitz has a turret rotation speed of 24° per second with a max ace crew and spaded vehicle.

That is not enough to shoot down enemy attackers that are racing around you with jets and A2D's

2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

I'm seeing is Germany as this pissy defeatist attitude where they die once and just leave the game because they think it's just an automatic loss and start the next round

Actually, my team usually does respawn as often as they can.

Its just that their SP spent on CAS is effectively lost if the enemy has a plane up.

 

Arado 234 B and Narwahl cannot engage planes effectively.

Other fighters at lower BR either cost 10-45k repair or if you pay to win are actually good (288)

2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

You toooaaatalllyyyy don't have any inherent bias and interest for Germany to become a stronger nation molded by a community

No.

I have a strong interest in removing the stupid MM lock because that will balance out the situation more than any more powercreeping vehicles could.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

The Sla 16 generally holds about a 50% better KDR on thunderskill than the baselines TII

Wrong.

KD is 2.25 vs 2.46

Per battle its 2.54 vs 2.78

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2019 at 18:06, shillin said:

new to the game but I see so many players playing Russian tanks and they always seem to one shot me. they the best tanks out there?

 

The "best" tanks is a very relative term...at the very least it depends on the BR range you are...and there is usually one better nation at each range...but usually not by much...

 

Russian "good tanks...in the sense they are usually above average at their BR...up to BR5.3 where i am now:

BT7

T50

T34/42

some KV1

T34/57

IS1

 

NONE of this is too strong and the list is not so big...some may be IF TOP TIER (like the KV1 and T50)

 

I am pretty sure i could do a similar list for US or German...and i think German would be a bit longer

The other nations (other than the "top-3") are the ones with less strong tanks...

 

SO...ANSWER IS NO.

 

Edited by *GhostSoph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

The JPz 4-5 and RU251 are some of the best 6.7 tanks in game due to their speed and gun performance

The gun is a simple 90 mm.

Ru 251 is very good yes.

 

I would take the T114 and T92 over the Jpz 100% of the time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

At this point the Tiger II is no worse than the T29. The Tiger II can still reliable pen the gun mantlet of the T29 out to 900m on a larger surface area than the mantlet area on the Tiger II, pen the upper front plate of the T29 out to 1400m straight into all of it's ammo

They have about the same surface area on turret front you can pen and do damage. T29 is far more trolly and I don't just mean it's hard to know where to aim, it flat out just eats the shot sometimes.

Besides T29 and T34 have so much else going for them even before we take lineups into account. Why aren't these 2 in 7.0 already is baffeling.

 

You mean can pen the lower 1/4 or even 1/5 of the UFP.

 

8 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

straight into all of it's ammo, something the T29 can only dream about doing at point blank on a Tiger II.

uhm... Tiger II H turret has an unremovable ammorack in the back (when you load, this ammorack is filled first, and it's 22 shells large) ... so yes, T29 can do that.

 

8 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

How does that compare to the Tortoise with worse speed, worse armor and worse gun? What about the entirety of the USSR TD line which has sub par speed combined with terrible armor? You have the best pen APHE gun at 6.7 with armor that will defend you against 70% of the opponents you face? What do you classify as a good armored TD if it's not the Jagdtiger? The T95 sacrifices more speed and gun performance for extra armor that only nets it at an even higher BR with more tanks that cut right through it and even in a downtier almost everyone knows to shoot the cupola so even APHE can kill the T95 from the front while it can't on the Jagdtiger.

What Tortoise and T95 have that Jadgtiger doesn't? They will not face british APDS nor american HEATFS inrealistic battlemode. My biggest grudge with Jadg is that british and americans can simply lolpen it from any place, angle and distance.

 

T95 flat out doesn't have weakspots. Cupolas you say? Well they don't fuse APHE (like every other cupola does) and barely create any shrapnel. It may be slow but it turns lightning fast. Sideskirts make it's lower sides immune and riddle me this, why does it's upper side show penetration in the analysis, but fail to pen in battle every time? Why does it's ammo refuse to blow up even when it's blackend? Can't destroy the gun or tracks because T95 drivers like to infuriate others even more and repair all in 10 seconds flat so nobody can flank them. That's just stupid, no matter the crew skill, gun, the most difficult to hit and (should be) hardest to fix modules, shouldn't be fixed in 10 seconds when 99% of other players with even half trained repair have to wait half a minute to repair a red (not destroyed) engine or turret ring. That's not strictly T95 issue, I'll grant you that.

Anyway, T95 is broken.

 

8 hours ago, AnimeThighs said:

You have the best pen APHE gun at 6.7 with armor that will defend you against 70% of the opponents you face?

Best? Think about it for a second. You compared something to Tiger II H that has better. And that's just flat pen. 

 

I'd like to meet those 70% because most of the time I get wrecked by anything that touched my Tiger II H turret in naughty ways.

Edited by Taeblamees
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.