Rptd: [1.95.0.56] VT1-2's neutral steering not working in hull aiming mode

Exelcia

Since update 1.95, the VT1-2 steers considerably slower in Hull aiming mode than before. This seems to be caused by the neutral steering not activating when hull aiming. Due to this issue the tank is able to steer itself only at a fraction of its full potential when using hull aiming mode, while also moving excessively. The issue occurs both in battles and in the test drive. It is much less serious on snow and concrete than on grass surfaces. Also, hull aiming attempts aiming even when the tank is moving, despite a warning message appearing that advises to stop to aim.

I assume that this is not intended behaviour, considering that the VT1-2's hull aiming worked much better in 1.93. Also, the Strv 103-0, the second tank using the hull aiming mechanic, steers equally quickly both when hull aiming and when steering manually by A and D keys, and is able to use neutral steering in both cases.

This issue affects realistic and simulator battles the most, although it still has a slight effect in arcade. The slow steering can be somewhat compensated for by using manual steering on top of hull aiming (using A and D keys). I have researched all of the driving performance upgrades for my VT1-2.

2019_12_26_03_17_49__5908.clog

Edited by Exelcia
Fixed line breaks
medal medal

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

We  will read, investigate, test if needed and get back to you soon.

Cheers,

Technical Moderation Team

Hi
  Thank you for your interest and help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the Developers for their consideration.  

If there is anything further regarding this report a Technical Moderator will contact you.

Thank you again for your support.

• aizenns changed the title to Rptd: [1.95.0.56] VT1-2's neutral steering not working in hull aiming mode