SINAI Map is disaster for Ground Arcade Assaults

Clone_Engineer

GAIJIN: Please remove the   SINAI  Map  from Ground Assault Arcade - it's just a good place to die and loose credits.

In general (players take note) the Base is just a good place to die.  So, the key to doing well is to move away off the base into a location that gives you terrain to go hull down in during shooting and cover when reloading and fixing.  On all maps these locations are found in almost any direction and at least half of any map has great locations. 

But - the SINAI map is special in that the base is in a bowl (so the AI tanks are literally shooting player-fish in a barrel) and the terrain is sand.  Moving away from the base is only possible at the very beginning of the match  because trying to get off the base during the map = death.  Because the map is a bowl, you WILL be shot in the flank or rear as there's no cover in the base, or while moving to cover.  Because the map is sand - heavy / slow tanks will never make it to those flank positions.

So some will say - just shoot from the base?  That means shooting AI tanks at their front armor, usually at an angle, while the AI tanks advance; this means the worst possible situation and most AP rounds will not penetrate the heavy tank waves.  Getting out of the base into a flank position = easy side penetrations and many 1-shot kills into the AI tanks.  Players, want to be that guy with 50 kills?  GET OFF THE BASE.

But back to the SINAI map - this option is impossible after the 1st wave starts, so even if you get into a medium or light tank and get into a good position at the start of the match, an AI plane WILL bomb-kill you at least once (there's no player effective AAA because the AAA just get killed in the base - no AAA tank is capable of leaving base quickly enough, and even it it did, it'd run out of ammo very quickly) and then your stuck re-spawning and dying trying to get into a position where you't not shot in the side or rear within 15 seconds of spawning.

I'd love to see the win% of that map vs. the rest of them - I am willing to be that win% is half as much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 11

Use smoke to cover your rear aspect when moving out of the base on this map - it is not too difficult to achieve at all really.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Josephs_Piano said:

Use smoke to cover your rear aspect when moving out of the base on this map - it is not too difficult to achieve at all really.

Considering PvE is mostly useful for upgrading stock vehicles not everyone is going to have smoke 

Sinai is a complete sweatfest of trying to get kills before you get peppered to death as your spawn protection wears off if you can't get out of the bottom of the barrel, it's not difficult in comparison to others depending on the tier but it plays awfully

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sinai has always been a slaughter house but this recent patch that made bombs destroy buildings means that it only takes 2-3 waves before there is no cover at all in the spawn square.  Its 10 times worse now.  Just got out of one where the team had a total of 125 deaths.  Thats more then 10 player deaths per wave. 

They went through all the trouble to rework the map to add cover then they go and do this...

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, without those houses in the middle there is literally no place to hide if AI spawns in more than 2 directions. Played 6.7-8.0 bracket and it was a massacre.:facepalm:

medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Leopard-1 out to a flank at the start and then proceeded to get focused by every new incoming aircraft, (note that playing AAA is impossible as you get shot by the advancing tanks so quickly and its just an expensive way to die ) - then got show by an enemy tank 4km.......from across the map - 4 KILOMETERS - while he's moving.  What the hell is up with AI that that tank company decided that it should ignore the objective and shoot 4KM! across the map?   

The base is a fish-bowl and the AI tanks happily kill the players - Gaijin - THIS MAP IS DISASTER FOR GROUND ARCADE ASSAULT.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Assault mode is a disaster for Gaijin , and they dont care to fix it.. You hardly win any games in that mode..

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

For higher Br I refuse to play Sinai.

If they at least could make the earth wall covers in a reasonable shape in general ... 

Does Gaijin have other projects? Sometimes it feels like WT is no longer of much interest. When they release a new shiny vehicle/3d model with some physics every now and then, I think of Star Citizen that does the same to keep the people spending money.

medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped playing Sinai and Japan completely.  Japan has those laser guided bombs (or it would seem so).    I think I need to have a keyboard button labeled 'GTFO' that extricates me from those abominations.  I just go do something else.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2019 at 17:29, Josephs_Piano said:

yeah, I've popped smoke going up the hill to one side and STILL get hit. the only time to get up there is at the battles' start, when there's 30sec but still not always successful. removed and severely overhauled, better cover and hull down positions, as it's the ONly desert map. but yeah, the OP is right about sinai. better off letting the ai win just to get it over with

• 2 weeks later...

I hate this map so much, everything in the OP is on point. The best spots are outside the square but they are so far out that getting to them before the match starts is iffy even with fast tanks, and forget about it during the match unless a tank has been tracked somewhere out of line of sight and holding up the next wave. Sometimes I persist with it, but I'm not using a fast enough tank I'll just quit before the battle starts. I'd rather take the 8 minute crew lock that struggle over Sinai.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

By far the most idiotic designed map in this game mode.

What possible sense does it make to defend a bunch of abandoned, graham cracker buildings in the middle of a bowl surrounded by high ground?  It might as well be Dien Bien Phu.

I made a custom kb button that gives me: an escape key, an up arrow, two enter commands plus a 6 second delay and another escape key.  This will completely extricate you back to the hangar.  Just for this.  This and Japan at any BR with AI jets.  With their think seeking bombs that follow you whatever direction you might decide to run to avoid them.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hated this map for a long time until I realised you can time it just about right and get off the point safely at the end of a wave. You do need a bit of luck, though.

Far better to get off the point right away and into the hills if you have a decent engine.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually try to get into the high rocks to the south as soon as I spawn because it gives you cover and a very versatile vantage point for long range flanking shots in several directions, but I might try getting to the outcrop to the north west on the edge of the desert plain, or to the old town to the west.

The map can be made bearable by removing the tanks that attack from the mountains. At least then you only have to face one direction

Edited by IllegalLettuce
  • Upvote 1
medal

24 minutes ago, IllegalLettuce said:

The map can be made bearable by removing the tanks that attack from the mountains. At least then you only have to face one direction

That is one way to fix that, as there are some rocks where you can go cover yourself from every "desert" direction

medal

The only way to fix this map is to remove it or change the location, or how about they limit the sight line of the AI tanks so they can't shoot through destructible buildings.  those things are easy to fix

Edited by Mk_II_Crusader

I was in a really good win on Sinai this afternoon. Several of us took positions in the various rocks and hills, and even though the enemies came close a few times, it was just a case of picking them off because we were all flanking. It's the first time I've seen that, and it definitely worked at least this time.

And I came a close second despite having a really bad start, thanks to a few lucky air kills.

You're absolutely right, flanking is a winning move.  It feels good when that happens.  Problem is, on every map 85-90% of most players never leave the 'square'.  So 85-90% of their shots hit the thickest armor, usually angled as well.   That's the primary reason the enemy usually gets to the corners and the ticket bleeds while they hammer away at frontal armor hoping for a kill shot at closer range.  At least on other maps you might hope of terrain masking whereas on Sinai, there is zero cover and little to no concealment.

2 hours ago, V45Magna said:

You're absolutely right, flanking is a winning move.  It feels good when that happens.  Problem is, on every map 85-90% of most players never leave the 'square'.  So 85-90% of their shots hit the thickest armor, usually angled as well.   That's the primary reason the enemy usually gets to the corners and the ticket bleeds while they hammer away at frontal armor hoping for a kill shot at closer range.  At least on other maps you might hope of terrain masking whereas on Sinai, there is zero cover and little to no concealment.

20s is not quite enough for tank to reach “flanking” position unless using something with high mobility, it is more obvious in mid tier. And if someone die, it is almost impossible to leave the spawn area with all those aimbot.

Hope they could give more time before match start and between each wave, PVE mode currently feel so poorly made, could turnout to be something fun if the dev put little bit more effort in polishing it

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, V45Magna said:

Yes, you definitely have to pick your vehicle well if you want to get off the point and into flanking cover on Sanai. I use a T25 with M82 shells, and a gunner with maxed out eyesight, range finding and accuracy. It'll get me to the rocks to the south with no problem at the start of a round if I go via the western route. If I have to follow the road up the east side it's 50/50 because of the exposure to the east. If I have to do it that way, I'll usually do it near the end of a wave when the AI is otherwise engaged, spraying them with 50cal as I go. It's always nice to be joined up there by one or two other vehicles with the same idea. I had a KT up there with me this week, so it's definitely possible for heavier tanks.

I've also recently seen people scattering to the rocks in the north and even up that evil hill of sand to the east! I keep meaning to jump from the south rocks to the town to the southeast because it looks like it has some nice cover and a wide field of fire, and even a route over to the rocks to the west/northwest.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I just return to hangar or Ctr-Shift-Escape and close War Thunder when Sinai comes up on Ground assault. There's no reason to play the map - laser-accurate bots flinging APFSDS at you from all sides with no cover that won't leave you open to one of the waves. It could work if they flattened the map out so the bots weren't able to fire down on you from the top of the hills, then added some more rocks as cover.... but till that time comes I simply refuse to play it. Only assault map that I consider not being worth even spawning in to.

Edit: Just got dragged into a Sinai Assault game by a friend. Spawned in... then almost immediately was one-shotted by a tank firing THROUGH a mountain.  Map is simply broken. Bin it.

Edited by Snebze
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal