Stridzvagn

Leopard L44 and AMX Super Battle Rating

44 minutes ago, Digital8BitBuddy said:

No offense, but that would kind of render the purpose of the M60A3 TTS being added to be even more pointless.

I mean, the TTS is pointless at 9.3 when other tanks have equivalent rounds and thermals at 8.7. 

20 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

It never fielded M735, so why shouldn't it get thermals?

Ammunition and thermal sights are a different thing.

You can put that ammo in and fire it from the gun without changing anything.

The Leopard 2A4 in game shouldn't have DM 13 and the 2A5 not DM23 either but its there for balancing purposes.

You can't just take a standard NV sight and magically switch to thermal imaging though.

What you are asking for is either an artificial and unhistorical buff or some modification I don't know about.

By the way, the other tech tree 8.7's apart from the AMX 30 B2 don't have thermals either so why should the RISE?

Thermals are a p2w feature on the 60$ premiums.

It doesn't make them absurdly strong but you definitely have to pay if you want the advantage.

medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Ammunition and thermal sights are a different thing.

You can put that ammo in and fire it from the gun without changing anything.

The Leopard 2A4 in game shouldn't have DM 13 and the 2A5 not DM23 either but its there for balancing purposes.

You can't just take a standard NV sight and magically switch to thermal imaging though.

What you are asking for is either an artificial and unhistorical buff or some modification I don't know about.

By the way, the other tech tree 8.7's apart from the AMX 30 B2 don't have thermals either so why should the RISE?

Thermals are a p2w feature on the 60$ premiums.

It doesn't make them absurdly strong but you definitely have to pay if you want the advantage.

It's not only the thermals. The L44 and Type 74G are equivalent vehicles to the TTS, yet are .6 BR lower. The 1A1A1 and Type 74 are equivalent vehicles to the Rise P but get better APFSDS. The Type 93 APFSDS carried by the Type 74 is basically the M833, at 8.7. I've also read the Rise Ps used in Desert Storm may have had thermals but I haven't been able to find primary source documents to prove it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

It's not only the thermals. The L44 and Type 74G are equivalent vehicles to the TTS, yet are .6 BR lower. The 1A1A1 and Type 74 are equivalent vehicles to the Rise P but get better APFSDS. The Type 93 APFSDS carried by the Type 74 is basically the M833, at 8.7. I've also read the Rise Ps used in Desert Storm may have had thermals but I haven't been able to find primary source documents to prove it.

Better APFSDS won't help you at 8.7.

Difference is lolpen or lolpen with slightly better muzzle velocity.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, raxu_ said:

1) Source?

My matches?

2) You insta pen a L/44 just as easy.

Which is irrelevant since the L/44 has:

• Higher acceleration.
  • Higher top speed.
  • Thermals.
  • Quicker reload.
  • Higher muzzle velocity.
  • Higher penetration.
  • Higher reverse.
  • Neutral steering.
  • Higher traverse rate.
  • Higher turret traverse rate.
  • Better gun depression & elevation.
  • Better optics.

The T-55AM is just BY FAR a worse vehicle.

3) Mobility is fine.

It's the worst by far of any of these premiums.

So no, it's not ''fine''.

It's 8.7. No need for Rooikat speed.

57kl86r.png.33abd135f8d6bef89a3ac8ad4d05

It's terrible at everything it does, so yes, mobility is exactly what it could really use more of.

Besides facing 7.7s means you more often than not have a stab and they don't and usually get off the first shot.

Moot point.

All these 8.7 premiums have stabilizers, the T-55AM isn't anything special in this regard.

4) HEAT-FS and APDS is very unreliable.

APDS? Yes.

HEAT-FS? Nope.

Edited by Necrons31467
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Better APFSDS won't help you at 8.7.

Difference is lolpen or lolpen with slightly better muzzle velocity.

I’m not saying whether or not it needs it. I’m saying other tanks have better rounds at the same BR. There’s no longer a balance argument to keep M774 or even M833 out of the Rise P and TTS load outs. 

l/44 and type 74g and other prems staying at 8.7 is the biggest joke.

It is literally proof devs are really only out for the money and don't even care about the balance that much. 

How can m60 tts be 9.3? How? DO they even play the game? nope. What about Brennus at 8.7 with no stab? Lmao!

Edited by DaffanZ
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

It is literally proof devs are really only out for the money and don't even care about the balance that much. 

Agree

4 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

DO they even play the game?

"All of us play"

No way they haven't noticed the 6.7 disaster yet

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, DaffanZ said:

l/44 and type 74g and other prems staying at 8.7 is the biggest joke.

i don't know about the L/44 but 74G being in 8.7 is justified.

the tank isnt exactly the best and cannot go -10 degree without the hydraulics

it is objectively worse than the L/44

1. 9.0 means fast tanks

2. penetration doesn't matter

3. thermals

4. stabilizer

if one of those is not fulfilled it will have a hard time facing other 9.0 and above.

medal medal medal

If the TTS is a 9.3 tank, then the 74G is as well. It has thermals and a far better APFSDS. There is no reason it should be .6 BR lower than the TTS.

• Upvote 4

On 22/12/2019 at 20:21, Necrons31467 said:

It's most definitely fine and would be fine at 9.0 aswell. Those miniscule details doesn't really matter anyway. Wow thermals, you dont even have the tank. It's not the greatest resolution and we all did fine without thermals so it's not like its a must have at that BR. T-55AM1 is a great tank.

medal medal

3 hours ago, raxu_ said:

It's most definitely fine and would be fine at 9.0 aswell. Those miniscule details doesn't really matter anyway.

"miniscule"

3 hours ago, raxu_ said:

Wow thermals, you dont even have the tank. It's not the greatest resolution and we all did fine without thermals so it's not like its a must have at that BR. T-55AM1 is a great tank.

I have the tank. And I can say from experience of both using thermals and fighting against without them, there is a massive disparity. The resolution is nigh irrelevant when your opponent doesn't even have them at all. Being able to distinguish a white blob on a grey-black background is much easier than trying to distinguish a green/gray tank on a green/brown background. And there is no range limitation. You can see these white blobs at any range. It's as simple as turning maps like European Province from camp fests into shooting galleries.

The disparity of having and not having thermals now is like the difference of having and not having a stabilizer. More so, in fact; you cannot fight what you cannot see.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

On 21/12/2019 at 23:54, *MiseryIndex556 said:

I mean, the TTS is pointless at 9.3 when other tanks have equivalent rounds and thermals at 8.7. 

ITA gets thermals at 8.0; rest of NATO at 8.3, USSR only at 9.0 (and that just BMP-3 while their MBTs only at 10.0).

On 25/12/2019 at 03:31, raxu_ said:

It's most definitely fine and would be fine at 9.0 aswell.

If you're talking about T-55AM my answer is: :facepalm: It's a 8.3 tank at 8.7 and you want it 9.0? :016:

Those miniscule details doesn't really matter anyway. Wow thermals, you dont even have the tank. It's not the greatest resolution and we all did fine without thermals so it's not like its a must have at that BR. T-55AM1 is a great tank.

Every single other premium tank (that at this BR are more frequent than normal tree) has thermals. When it's foggy or raining or night and you don't see xxx they see you very clearly. You're hiding in bushes and think you're safe? The enemy on the other side of the map can see you through fog and rain at night and has a rangefinder. You get killed without even knowing the enemy was there. USSR is doing the worst in high tier and lack of thermals is one of the major reasons.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/12/2019 at 00:28, *MiseryIndex556 said:

gaijin's p2w logic

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 01:46, *MiseryIndex556 said:

If the TTS is a 9.3 tank, then the 74G is as well. It has thermals and a far better APFSDS. There is no reason it should be .6 BR lower than the TTS.

Havent seen this mentioned yet, the m60a1 P and M60a3 TTS are also huge targets, its hard to grasp in the hanger but look at them drive next to other tanks and its very suprising just how tall they are. 

Also the TTS at 9.3 is ridiculous, yes it has thermals but other than that its nearly identical to the Rise P. M774 is a sidegrade to M735, trading flat pen for angled pen and costing more SL. The TTS is much more aligned with the T62-m1 at 9.0 than it is with the T72a at 9.3. 

Either move it down to 8.7-9.0 or give it M833 to differentiate it.

medal

Those miniscule details doesn't really matter anyway.

If you describe the following attributes:

Higher acceleration.

Higher top speed.

Thermals.

Quicker reload.

Higher muzzle velocity.

Higher penetration.

Higher reverse.

Neutral steering.

Higher traverse rate.

Higher turret traverse rate.

Better gun depression & elevation.

Better optics.

As ''miniscule'' advantages, you're completely clueless about the game and how it's played, and thus, there's no reason why I should take anything you say regarding game balance seriously.

The m60 1a3 won't stay at 9.3, i guarantee it give it a update or 2. 

Unless they plan to further de-compress and move top tier to 11+ leaving 9.3-10.3 for all the premiums,new additions like the m601a3 tts and leo1a5, or other nation tank variants with thermals that arent exactly capable of facing modern tanks like the Abrams,2a5,t80s etc.

All of the premiums aside from the xm-1's are fine to stay at 8.7, assuming we get normal tech tree variants with thermal capabilities at that BR to even the field.

Edited by sugarstudd

4 hours ago, sugarstudd said:

The m60 1a3 won't stay at 9.3, i guarantee it give it a update or 2. 

So litterally give it 3-6 months is what you are saying. Don't think anyone will be playing the M60A3 TTS by that time. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

So litterally give it 3-6 months is what you are saying. Don't think anyone will be playing the M60A3 TTS by that time. 

Noone is playing it already, 100% dead on arrival 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I’ve been playing it consistently since I unlocked it. Pretty sure I’ve seen two others that entire time. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dutchrenzo62 said:

Unfortunately these things move at a snail's pace as we all know.