jackTIGR

So, where is the T-90A or, better yet, T-90MS or 90M? Or T-72B?

2 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

Including T-90A would've been like:
"Oh, don't worry, we haven't forgotten the oldest tree in the game. I mean, we are deep in catering to the NATO fanbase, but here you are, a token tank that we've had finished for 3 years but haven't launched cause reasons, so you don't feel rightfully ignored and slighted. Now go away so we can dedicate ourselves to NATO and milking even more money with overpowered NATO premium tanks."

Vs what Gaijin HAS been doing:
"Go away, we don't care about USSR, you and it are just an annoyance. There is no real money in Soviet tree and that is all we are after. We don't really care about our own country, we embraced capitalism to the fullest, so GIVE US YOUR MONEY. Stop bugging us and accept that we and our most cherished players want you as nothing more than nerfed practice targets. But, hey, on the other side, there's plenty of shiny and nice new tanks on NATO that you can play with! Come to the Dar... er, Light side, we have cookies and unbalanced trees!"

Oh, yeah, still no Soviet jet CAS either I see. No Soviet plane with AGMs. or 4.7-8.0 SPAA. Or 5.3-8.0 CAS. Or IL-2/10 PTABs. Or BMP-3 BR and ATGM reload reduction.

But we get SWEDEN!!! YAY!!! A nation and military that were a gamechanger in wars and politics of 20th century!!! The nation that won the WW2 and forced Germany to surrender. A new tree that will have plenty of bugs, imbalance and other issues; instead of age old problems getting fixed. And we can't forget new premium tanks and planes, what would we EVER do without them?

^ just so there are no misunderstandings, the last part was meant fully sarcastically

If they were truly catering to NATO teams, they would have let us (the Germans) stomp on the Russian teams, making it Russia and China VS everyone else

medal medal

6 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

I have not ignored anything. Who pays the most of any nation has no relation to anything, so I would advise you to cease with the false statements and missleading people. 

If you would like to ask a proper question on a bug, then please link me to the bug report topic and I will be able to tell you its status. 

The Radpanzer 90 literally has nothing to do with this topic, so if you would like to randomly wish list, please go here. A player has already made a suggestion on it that has been passed to the developers for consideration: 

This is sort of what makes it hard to get things fixed, a proper bug report needs to be requisitioned for the BMP-3 bugs, and repair costs and suggestion all come down to the WT teams decisions. 

Does anyone have proper data on the BMP-3 ATGM load time? I'm sure it could be passed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

This is sort of what makes it hard to get things fixed, a proper bug report needs to be requisitioned for the BMP-3 bugs, and repair costs and suggestion all come down to the WT teams decisions. 

Does anyone have proper data on the BMP-3 ATGM load time? I'm sure it could be passed.

A proper bug report is what is needed to resolve an issue. Simply going on Reddit and saying "this is an issue" does not help the developers in any way to resolve something.

As for repair costs, we ask and welcome suggestions on those each and every time we do an economical update in the feedback section. People are more than welcome to leave their feedback there. 

3 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

Pretty much what the title says. I remember many consoling themselves that hopefully 1.95 will include a vehicle that would make an attempt at putting USSR somewhere close to being competitive, what with 1.89, 1.91 and 1.95 being disappointments, now it seems Gaijin is proving me right that they have left USSR to die. It isn't getting even a single air, ground or naval vehicle, NOTHING at all, in 1.95... How is everyone else thinking though? Optimistic that maybe things will change? Or pessimistic?

Have you seen the German aviation and ground trees? They got nothing NEW in 1.93 and the same is going to happen in 1.95, Germany was having issues first, especially since the stab to the gut for Germans that was 1.91

medal medal

1 minute ago, DEVESTATOR2 said:

Have you seen the German aviation and ground trees? They got nothing NEW in 1.93 and the same is going to happen in 1.95, Germany was having issues first, especially since the stab to the gut for Germans that was 1.91

Except Germany has very meta vehicles and a M1A2 equivalent (see 2a5), this thread discusses USSR, not Germany.

30 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

f you would like to ask a proper question on a bug, then please link me to the bug report topic and I will be able to tell you its status. 

Oh so you can do that?

I always asked tech mods and they can just say muh passed to relevant dev.

Do you have details and progress of reports?

10 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

Except Germany has very meta vehicles and a M1A2 equivalent (see 2a5), this thread discusses USSR, not Germany.

Yea but the US just roflstomps everything because they have more, more capable, cheaper MBTs, the best and most OP SPAA and the best helicopters 

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Oh so you can do that?

I know of a bug report for BMP-3 on Russian forums but I lost it. Maybe cancelled?

@Smin1080p You (or any other WT crew) still did not answer any of the points about BMP-3 being broken, Obj 685 being overtiered/too expensive, or why Russia is several patch cycles behind US/GER on MBTs.

Also  - despite my attempts at reporting bugs with the T-80U and T-72A the bugs keep being reintroduced and I've given up trying to help when it's clear it is not prioritized.

• Like 1
medal medal

2 minutes ago, AG3F2 said:

@Smin1080p You (or any other WT crew) still did not answer any of the points about BMP-3 being broken, Obj 685 being overtiered/too expensive, or why Russia is several patch cycles behind US/GER on MBTs.

I did in fact answer your previous post directly, where I asked, if you can give me the links to any of the reports on the BMP-3 that reported exactly what was "broken" I could give you the answer. 

Russia has one of the largest trees in game and it is in fact most of the other nations that are behind it, not the other way around. 

4 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Oh so you can do that?

Tech Mods will be able to do it just as I can. In some cases yes, if a report has been forwarded and is simply with the dev it will be passed to them to await review. 

33 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

Look here in the autoloader section. 

https://thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/bmp-3-underappreciated-prodigy.html

This blog is the best compilation of information on soviet and russian machines in english.

Edited by Alan_Tovarishch
medal medal

19 minutes ago, AG3F2 said:

AG, he won't answer, he is under contract what he can say/reveal and from what I know from a friend, those contracts are quite strict, even for the staff that don't get paid with actual money. They even have to sign NDAs and ****.

36 minutes ago, DEVESTATOR2 said:

If they were truly catering to NATO teams,

You apparently missed the entire conversation and tons of proof provided and collected by everyone over the last 2 years when the US buff-streak started, then included GER as well.

36 minutes ago, DEVESTATOR2 said:

they would have let us (the Germans) stomp on the Russian teams, making it Russia and China VS everyone else

LOL. Play SB, 2a5 and 2a4 have 90+% WR there or they did when I last played. US had 88%.

31 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

As for repair costs, we ask and welcome suggestions on those each and every time we do an economical update in the feedback section. People are more than welcome to leave their feedback there. 

Smin, please...Common, be serious, posts there just get ignored, everyone knows that. I've posted suggestions on each and every economy update thread for I don't know how many years, not to mention the hundreds of suggestions by others; some very well argumented. What was the effect? NOTHING. All that work, all those posts, they were blithely ignored by Gaijin who then made only the changes that they proposed in that first post and NOT ONE change more/different.

21 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

+1

4 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

Smin, please...Common, be serious, posts there just get ignored, everyone knows that. I've posted suggestions on each and every economy update thread for I don't know how many years, not to mention the hundreds of suggestions by others; some very well argumented. What was the effect? NOTHING. All that work, all those posts, they were blithely ignored by Gaijin who then made only the changes that they proposed in that first post and NOT ONE change more/different.

The only suggestions that really work are vehicle BRs.

When I suggest repair decrease for the Ferdinand I just get "more effective statistically".

Also in Gaijins miracle the Chieftain Mk5 is a lot more effective than Mk3 so go figure

Edited by NoodleCup31

34 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Russia has one of the largest trees in game and it is in fact most of the other nations that are behind it, not the other way around.

quantity =/= quality, please stop trying to make them equal

Yes, USSR (not Russia) has a lot of vehicles, but just looking at ground tree, many of them are either uncompetitive, too expensive or simply obsolete. Who needs 3 T-54s? Overtiered T-54s even. Why need T-62M1? Why is SU-122-54 at 7.3 when Jagdpanther and Ferdinand at 6.3 are much better, not to mention JPz at 6.7? Why is IS-4M so expensive and at 7.7? Why is T-10M at 8.3 where it constantly goes against APFSDS tanks that laugh at it? Why is IS-7, the result of mind-destroying grind, so expensive to repair and so overtiered? Why is Type-62 so much worse than RU 251 at same BR, but more expensive and only a gift? Why the lower tier tanks that almost no-one touches anymore once they get out of tier 1 (T-60, T-80, etc.). Then look at the air tree, at tier 5, it's full of planes, but when you sift through the "garbage" you find only a handful of useful ones. Then look at German tier 5 tree and you find nothing but good planes, they don't have a single bad plane.

Ironic example: when it comes to competitiveness at top end, Japan's single Type-90 is more competitive than any of the Soviet tanks and in the hands of a good player will do much more damage. I played with a guy that had 100% WR with Type-90 that he could never reach with Soviets.

9 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

The only suggestions that really work are vehicle BRs.

Then I must be on Gaijin sheet-list cause every single one of the suggestions I ever made was no implemented aka was ignored.

Edited by jackTIGR
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Mmh heavily debatable

Well it does have a faster reload armor on both is meh but you can angle the jagdpanther to bounce 90mm and such. And i believe it has heat not heatfs. I don't see a reason why it can't do atleast 6.7. 

medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

They dont "just get ignored" and I can personally confirm that to you as I am one of the people who goes through to read each and every single comment, visible or hidden to collect up all of the feedback to pass on. Many do make it, however confirmation bias will of course tell you "nobody reads it" or "they just get ignored" as if your changes are not put through you assume none are. 

22 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

AG, he won't answer, he is under contract what he can say/reveal and from what I know from a friend, those contracts are quite strict, even for the staff that don't get paid with actual money. They even have to sign NDAs and ****.

Please dont mislead people or speak on my behalf. I am more than capable of answering myself thank you. You are wrong on almost all levels here in what you said, so I would reocmmend you do not comment on matters you cannot speak for. 

I have answered many times now and asked both of you for the bug reports on these "issues" that show exactly whats wrong with the BMP-3 and why its broken. When I have the links to the bug report topics, I can then trace them and give you the status. So far nobody has produced any bug report links, so therefor I cannot give a status to a non-existent issue. 

17 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

quantity =/= quality, please stop trying to make them equal

Yes, USSR (not Russia) has a lot of vehicles, but just looking at ground tree, many of them are either uncompetitive, too expensive or simply obsolete. Who needs 3 T-54s? Overtiered T-54s even. Why need T-62M1? Why is SU-122-54 at 7.3 when Jagdpanther and Ferdinand at 6.3 are much better, not to mention JPz at 6.7? Why is IS-4M so expensive and at 7.7? Why is T-10M at 8.3 where it constantly goes against APFSDS tanks that laugh at it? Why is IS-7, the result of mind-destroying grind, so expensive to repair and so overtiered? Why is Type-62 so much worse than RU 251 at same BR, but more expensive and only a gift? Why the lower tier tanks that almost no-one touches anymore once they get out of tier 1 (T-60, T-80, etc.).

Ironic example: when it comes to competitiveness at top end, Japan's single Type-90 is more competitive than any of the Soviet tanks and in the hands of a good player will do much more damage. I played with a guy that had 100% WR with Type-90 that he could never reach with Soviets.

Nobody said quantity did equal quantity, but the claim that "The USSR just gets ignored" is entirely factually incorrect and false. So I am going to correct that when someone tries to make that point because the fact that they do have such a large tree and a very wide selection of vehicles is the clear evidence of that. Again, War Thunder is a military vehicle game spanning multiple eras. There is far more too it than just 4-5 MBTs at top rank. 

The very arguments you are making here are being argued in the exact opposite direction in the German section and the American section and the British section and so on and so on. Because its an opinion. Of which you are entirely welcomed too and of which we do our best to listen to everyone. However everyone wants different things, everyone has different "priorities" and everyone has set in their mind what they think is best for the game.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

You are wrong on almost all levels here in what you said, so I would reocmmend you do not comment on matters you cannot speak for.

So, you're saying that if you were criticising Gaijin decisions and the way they're doing things, you wouldn't feel repercussions? O.o Yeah, i don't buy that.

Also, about NDA and payments I know from one of the mods, so...

3 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Nobody said quantity did equal quantity, but the claim that "The USSR just gets ignored" is entirely factually incorrect and false.

You are misdirecting. The topic is far from being "ussr gets ignored" the topic is that quantity of vehicle in Soviet tree doesn't also mean the same as quality.

16 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Mmh heavily debatable

The only thing it has better is ammo and reverse speed.

Jagdpanther OTOH better:
- armor

- mobility (except reverse)

- reload

- gun depression

- gunsight zoom

- angling ability

- stock around

- BR placing (thus effectiveness)

- better friendly vehicles at tier

- not going against as many HEATFS vehicles

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jackTIGR said:

So, you're saying that if you were criticising Gaijin decisions and the way they're doing things, you wouldn't feel repercussions? O.o Yeah, i don't buy that.

Also, about NDA and payments I know from one of the mods, so...

1) You were not discussing "criticisms". The post you were referring too was asking why I have not answered your question on "why is the BMP-3 broke" when I have asked both of you for the link to the bug report where the issue(s) were reported so I can see firstly, what the issue actually is and what its status is by tracing it. So far, nobody has produced a link to any report, so that would lead me to believe nobody has actually reported the matter?

2) I am not a Moderator. Moderators are volunteers under NDA. I am a Gaijin Employee which is very much different. So no, you are not correct in the slightest in your assumptions about my responses. 

4 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

You are misdirecting. The topic is far from being "ussr gets ignored" the topic is that quantity of vehicle in Soviet tree doesn't also mean the same as quality.

I am not misdirecting anything. I am not the one who claimed the "USSR was being ignored". I simply correct that incorrect statement.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

I am not misdirecting anything. I am not the one who claimed the "USSR was being ignored". I simply correct that incorrect statement.

You were replying to a paragraph about quantity not being quality by talking about USSr being ignored. If you were not misdirecting, then you were still off the relevant topic talking about something irrelevant.

Edited by jackTIGR

Smin1080p if you're not clear on what is broken about BMP-3 and since I cannot find the bug report on it (most likely archived) let me tell you:

The rate at which the tank "burns down" after getting ignited is too fast. You can get set on fire for 2 seconds and then die immidately thereafter, even when extinguishing. Unlike the BMP-2 which can survive substantially longer when on fire.

The hull break on this tank (and others) is too touchy. Hits to extremities where only a track, empty space, or optics are hit count as hullbreak. Most common being richochet off of UFP and hitting optics (but not gun breech), hull breaking the vehicle. A more reasonable hullbreak is if the engine or a considerable portion of the vehicle is hit.

Third issue is the ATGM load time which stands at 38 seconds. On the 1.95 dev the BMP-3 receives new gen 3 thermals, on which this version also has the new ATGM autoloader system, with a load time of around 15 seconds. However this load time wasn't given in the dev.

31 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

The only thing it has better is ammo and reverse speed.

Jagdpanther OTOH better:
- armor

- mobility (except reverse)

- reload

- gun depression

- gunsight zoom

- angling ability

- stock around

- BR placing (thus effectiveness)

- better friendly vehicles at tier

- not going against as many HEATFS vehicles

Last I checked, SU-122-54 doesn't have a massive weakspot it's gun mantlet sits in that can be penned by a 4.3 tank and I own BOTH of them, use them on occasion, and fight them all the time

1 hour ago, jackTIGR said:

LOL. Play SB, 2a5 and 2a4 have 90+% WR there or they did when I last played. US had 88%.

If I wanted to play SB, I would, but RB is the better mode.

medal medal

@Smin1080p can you tells us the reason behind the decision for not including T-90A in 1.95 even if it is easily the most publicly known MBT in comparison to western tanks at 10.0-10.3  (we know exactly what the armor array is like, for example) and Gaijin has had a fully functional 3d model for many years and also knowing that a big part of USSR players were expecting it?

medal medal

6 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

@Smin1080p can you tells us the reason behind the decision for not including T-90A in 1.95 even if it is easily the most publicly known MBT in comparison to western tanks at 10.0-10.3  (we know exactly what the armor array is like, for example) and Gaijin has had a fully functional 3d model for many years and also knowing that a big part of USSR players were expecting it?

The 3D model from April fools is a much lower quality resolution and outdated model created for that event only. That model cannot be introduced into the game and a new one had to be created. 

The T-90 was not just simply "not included" in 1.95, it was not planned for the update and is not ready. It will come in a future update. 

• Upvote 2

I still don't understand why the BMP-3 was singled out to have the slowest ATGM reload in the game despite the fact that it was historically easier to load ATGMs in the BMP-3 than in any other IFV because of its mechanical rammer, and that's just in the basic version. All other IFVs in the game require fully manual loading, often with the help of passengers, and yet all of these IFVs inexplicably load faster than the BMP-3. @Smin1080p Can you give us an explanation for this?

medal

19 minutes ago, Flavettes said:

I still don't understand why the BMP-3 was singled out to have the slowest ATGM reload in the game despite the fact that it was historically easier to load ATGMs in the BMP-3 than in any other IFV because of its mechanical rammer, and that's just in the basic version. All other IFVs in the game require fully manual loading, often with the help of passengers, and yet all of these IFVs inexplicably load faster than the BMP-3. @Smin1080p Can you give us an explanation for this?

No need. I am in an ongoing bug report to change the reload. Many videos showing the BMP-3 ATGM autoloader, ranging 13-16 seconds. Hopefully approved soon.

• Upvote 1