jackTIGR

So, where is the T-90A or, better yet, T-90MS or 90M? Or T-72B?

2 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

As long as USSR gets at least one MBT and/or jet I will be happy. Just felt odd in first dev as the tree only got a thermal mod for BMP-3 w/o ATGM load fix. Italy also got no new things. I shall wait for 2nd dev or live to say anything further.

Well, tbh, Italy has a very competitive top tier lineup, plus always being teamed-up with Germany that has 2A5, 2A4 and damn good air/heli lineup.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

You're right.

My apologies, @Smin1080p I didn't mean to come across hostile, I just wanted to point out to @Raldi92some legal constraints that Smin IS bound by in the way he acts and what he writes.

Dont worry, no hostility was taken. I understand fully that people are passionate not just about the game like me, but to individual nations, their vehicles and their potential. 

We do indeed have some very cool toys planned for the USSR, just as far as the T-90 goes, as you know bu now, not in 1.95.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

T-90A does have upgraded engine compared to previous T-90. And with BM-48 it will be very good.

I only mention the uprated engine as at least better forwards mobility would offset the awful reverse gear

Anyone who still remembers the old April Fools event knows how bad the T-90A was in comparison to the 2A5

54 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

Shtora

lol

@Smin1080p i have a lingering question, since we are getting to the end of well documented tanks to be added ingame (T-90 versions, perhaps some T-84?), what are you guys plannning to do with the game once you run out of tanks which comply with your criteria and source requirements? 

6 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

I only mention the uprated engine as at least better forwards mobility would offset the awful reverse gear

T-90M has the awful reverse speed to.

6 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

lol

Explain yourself. IMO Shtora would increase survivability against helos or tanks trying to snipe using their laser range finder.

Edited by Alan_Tovarishch
medal medal

17 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

@Smin1080pT-90M has the awful reverse speed to.

Has better armor, better ERA, better ammo, etc. though.

22 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

We do indeed have some very cool toys planned for the USSR, just as far as the T-90 goes, as you know bu now, not in 1.95.

I'm still worried by the MO Gaijin has established this year for USSR: vehicles that are uncompetitive or obsolete (Shturm) on launch, broken (Shturm and 685), prohibitive repair costs (Shturm, BMP-3 and 685), too high BRs (Shturm, BMP-3 and 685), underperforming ammo for their tier (T-80U, 685 and BMP-3) and so on. For example, right this very minute we should have T-90S or MS with Svinets ammo or T-72B3M or T-80UA to be on equal terms with NATO.

Edited by jackTIGR

1 minute ago, jackTIGR said:

Has better armor, better ERA, better ammo, etc. though.

No one is disputing the advantages of T-90M over T-90A (both are able to load and shoot the same ammo though). My point is that both tanks have the same types of weaknesses and that Relikt against the current ingame top APFSDS is equally effective as K5 (both do/should defeat the current ammo).

medal medal

1 minute ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

No one is disputing the advantages of T-90M over T-90A (both are able to load and shoot the same ammo though). My point is that both tanks have the same types of weaknesses and that Relikt against the current ingame top APFSDS is equally effective as K5 (both do/should defeat the current ammo).

IIRC K5 is still underperforming, especially versus CE.

2 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

Pretty much what the title says. I remember many consoling themselves that hopefully 1.95 will include a vehicle that would make an attempt at putting USSR somewhere close to being competitive, what with 1.89, 1.91 and 1.95 being disappointments, now it seems Gaijin is proving me right that they have left USSR to die. It isn't getting even a single air, ground or naval vehicle, NOTHING at all, in 1.95... How is everyone else thinking though? Optimistic that maybe things will change? Or pessimistic?

Nobody is going to be competitive to America in the near future.

The US / UK side will on top of that get the 2nd Merkava, an upgraded Challenger, probably a fixed M1A2 with buffed hull armor and THREE Apaches.

Have fun playing top tier guys, I'm out for the next year or so...

2 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Nobody is going to be competitive to America in the near future.

The US / UK side will on top of that get the 2nd Merkava, an upgraded Challenger, probably a fixed M1A2 with buffed hull armor and THREE Apaches.

Have fun playing top tier guys, I'm out for the next year or so...

I deleted the game last month, hoping that 1.95 would be worth coming back for, but it seems it's more of the same, nothing's changed. Hell, Gaijin could've for once done something interesting and maybe given a foreign T-72 version as reward for this month's grind (Yugoslav M84 or Czech T-72), but instead for the n-th time in a row USSR will only get the lowest tiered vehicle that won't make much of an impact. Yes, I-180 is good, but only because players with BnZ planes thought it was a good idea to go turn-fighting with it lol and because it didn't have the most nerfed air-cannons ingame, instead relying on machineguns that still work.

4 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

IIRC K5 is still underperforming, especially versus CE.

Yes. It´s a common problem with all ERA currently (behaving as adding a fixed amount of RHA effectiveness instead of degrading incoming projectile by a percentage and also K5 not breaking incoming APFSDS). But my point is that against DM33, K5 and Relikt are the same in practical terms. And also i prefer to save T-90M to face M1A2 SEP and Leo 2A6.

3 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

probably a fixed M1A2 with buffed hull armor and THREE Apaches.

I wouldn´t count on that. The claims for increase on hull armor for the M1 are weak on the source side.

medal medal

4 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

Yes. It´s a common problem with all ERA currently

Underperforming by 200mm of pen...

(behaving as adding a fixed amount of RHA effectiveness instead of degrading incoming projectile by a percentage and also K5 not breaking incoming APFSDS). But my point is that against DM33, K5 and Relikt are the same in practical terms. And also i prefer to save T-90M to face M1A2 SEP and Leo 2A6.

Yup, that's why I want one of these for now: T-80UA, T-90MS, T-90S or T-72B3M.

I wouldn´t count on that. The claims for increase on hull armor for the M1 are weak on the source side.

It's US. Gaijin will give them what they are demanding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Alan_Tovarishch said:

@Smin1080p i have a lingering question, since we are getting to the end of well documented tanks to be added ingame (T-90 versions, perhaps some T-84?), what are you guys plannning to do with the game once you run out of tanks which comply with your criteria and source requirements? 

We are still some time away from any of that just yet. There are no worries anytime in the foreseeable future :)

Most likely of what Smin1080p is saying expect maybe? A T-72B or T-80B variant if the T-90 series is off the table for 1.95, that's my guess.

USSR is not getting anything in 1.95 past the BMP-3 thermals (which will probably be coupled with higher BR and repair costs in January/February) I believe.

4 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

USSR is not getting anything in 1.95 past the BMP-3 thermals (which will probably be coupled with higher BR and repair costs in January/February) I believe.

Just because 1st dev gave that doesn't mean 2nd or live will give the same! I will believe, albiet a small belief, but I believe.

Just because 1st dev gave that doesn't mean 2nd or live will give the same! I will believe, albiet a small belief, but I believe.

I hope you're right (though I have little faith from playing this game for over 6 years now).

Notice how @Smin1080p just ignored all the questions about BMP-3 and Object 685 repair costs? BMP-3 unrealistic ATGM reload? Sprut-SD STILL not being added?

Hell; I could ask about the Radpanzer 90 and he would say something about "but UK gets Rooikat so it's ok!!".

He won't answer it because he knows the best paying crowd (UK-US-GER) don't care about Russian light vehicles or MBTs.

• Like 2
medal medal

Just now, AG3F2 said:

Notice how @Smin1080p just ignored all the questions about BMP-3 and Object 685 repair costs? BMP-3 unrealistic ATGM reload? Sprut-SD STILL not being added?

Hell; I could ask about the Radpanzer 90 and he would say something about "but UK gets Rooikat so it's ok!!".

He won't answer it because he knows the best paying crowd (UK-US-GER) don't care about Russian light vehicles or MBTs.

Well I would assume that he doesn't have insta knowledge on the status of these bugs.

Repair costs aren't unique to just USSR (see France for a lot of their tree).

BMP-3 ATGM load time does need fixing, since it got the mod for the thermals it would've had the ATGM autoloader too (which is around 12-18 seconds if I'm not mistaken).

I would have to question how the Sprut-SD would help, isn't it a tank destroyer? Turreted tanks are meta.

4 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

I would have to question how the Sprut-SD would help, isn't it a tank destroyer? Turreted tanks are meta.

I would reply to this by : what makes you think SPRUT-SD has no turret :dntknw:. Jokes aside SPRUT would perfectly fit the meta since it combines high mobility with a very potent cannon + no armor is the best armor in WT so yeah .

Edited by Raldi92
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, AG3F2 said:

Sprut-SD STILL not being added?

Don't forget BMD-1 that was confirmed to be development by Gaijin at the same time as BMP-1 years ago...

8 minutes ago, ColdMatches said:

Well I would assume that he doesn't have insta knowledge on the status of these bugs.

Repair costs aren't unique to just USSR (see France for a lot of their tree).

That doesn't really excuse BMP-3 and 685, underpeforming that they are, costing as much as they are to repair. They are not OP, they are not gamechangers, they are not invulnerable killing machines. They are mediocre, with REALLY bad ammo for their BR and actually worse than stuff 1 BR lower.

It's got a turret. Why wouldn't a TD have a turret? Just look at Hellcat...

Also, the Sprut has extremely mobile chassis (70kmh in REVERSE!!!), can swim (unless Gaijin breaks that like they did with 685) and a 125mm gun with modern ammo.

As it stands, Sprut would be THE most meta vehicle in entire Soviet tree. Especially if we got the improved Sprut-SDM-1 version.

Edited by jackTIGR

5 minutes ago, jackTIGR said:

Don't forget BMD-1 that was confirmed to be development by Gaijin at the same time as BMP-1 years ago...

That doesn't really excuse BMP-3 and 685, underpeforming that they are, costing as much as they are to repair. They are not OP, they are not gamechangers, they are not invulnerable killing machines. They are mediocre, with REALLY bad ammo for their BR and actually worse than stuff 1 BR lower.

It's got a turret. Why wouldn't a TD have a turret? Just look at Hellcat...

Also, the Sprut has extremely mobile chassis (70kmh in REVERSE!!!), can swim (unless Gaijin breaks that like they did with 685) and a 125mm gun with modern ammo.

As it stands, Sprut would be THE most meta vehicle in entire Soviet tree. Especially if we got the improved Sprut-SDM-1 version.

Apologies for the misunderstanding of the SD, and I'm not trying to justify their high repair costs, I just wanted to maybe help understand why Smin1080p would probably not give a desirable answer.

I too am a USSR main, just trying to not be so persecuting, I don't enjoy it too much.

Edited by ColdMatches

1 minute ago, NoodleCup31 said:

?

he probably means that the answer would be an attempt to divert your attention from the issue. Like he said, no answer about repair costs, or lower BR, or vehicles we would be getting or when or anything concrete, just vague reassurances that we've been getting for over a year and that haven't been made true yet. How many more years do we have to wait for the situation to be fixed?

15 minutes ago, AG3F2 said:

I have not ignored anything. Who pays the most of any nation has no relation to anything, so I would advise you to cease with the false statements and missleading people. 

If you would like to ask a proper question on a bug, then please link me to the bug report topic and I will be able to tell you its status. 

The Radpanzer 90 literally has nothing to do with this topic, so if you would like to randomly wish list, please go here. A player has already made a suggestion on it that has been passed to the developers for consideration: 

• Like 1

Apologies for the misunderstanding of the SD, and I'm not trying to justify their high repair costs, I just wanted to maybe help understand why Smin1080p would probably not give a desirable answer.

I too am a USSR main, just trying to not be so persecuting, I don't enjoy it too much.

No worries, wasn't taken as anything requiring an apology. ;-)

Like I said on last page, Smin is limited by what he can say by his contract and his orders from superiors.