Stona

Server Update (02.12.2019)

Maintenance%20(25).jpg

• Changes in “Assault: Tank arcade”:
    • Players are able to use their own helicopters (air battle mode remains unchanged). Helicopter landing pads and AI controlled AAA have been added to the mission.
    • High rank AI setups have been corrected.
    • The number of AI vehicles and the speed of the score reduction have been corrected.
  • The BR of the AH-1G helicopter has been changed from 8.0 to 8.3 in AB mode.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely the worst possible thing you could have done to this mode.  This could not have been play tested at all.  Helicopters just dont have the sustained stopping power that tanks have.  Worst part is the scoring system that still inexplicably favors aircraft, so when the helo with 20 assists and 3 kills is sitting at 3000+ score they think they are helping because the tanks with 30+ kills are sitting at 1200-1500 score.  Meanwhile you get capped out by the 3rd wave because the team just isn't killing quick enough, or even slowing them down much.  Also, for every helo in the air, that's one less target for the ai to focus on, so the people that are actually affecting the game are getting focused fired.  I dont know what your obsession is with adding helicopters to everything but once again, this ruins the mode entirely.

medal medal medal medal

Good day! I shall leave my feedback and some suggestions here.

First, the good thing is the score reduction speed. You still have enough time to kill those bots if some of them have made into the perimeter. You lost your entire game if you didn't kill them within 10s under the same circumstances, before this update.
Add heli to the top tier ground assault is a good design, which gives diversity, HOWEVER, only those top heli (9.7 and 9.7+ e.g. Ka50, AH1Z, Lynx, Tigre, etc.) are useful.

The fact is, ppl bring their starter heli there (keep spawn in a starter heli again and again no matter what) and cause your team lose eventually.

NO, PLS DONT! I do understand why ppl bring those heli cuz they are nothing but FOOD for aam heli in the heli EC, and here you can actually grind some.
Unfortunately, now those bots go, like FULL SPD (I mean you know how fast can a modern MBT go right?) They just charge in, with numbers (yeah thx for fixing their numbers btw). 33 bots per wave if my calculation is correct.
You have buffed bot accuracy and lineup before, fine by me. Now add their numbers and make them even faster? and yet your team is full of 8.3 tanks and heli? NO PLS NO! This goes way too far!

Suggestion:
1) Add a new AI lineup for 8.3-9.0 (or 9.3) vehicle, seperate them from the real top tier machines, give them a room to breath.
2) Reduce the number of bots or make them go slower! Even air assault gets 20 bots per wave! not 33!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This patch is a double edged sword. Sure it will help players who want to grind the early tier Heli's without being harrassed by top tier premium choppers in helicopter battles but at the same time would hurt the tankers, for a heli would struggle dealing damage or killing massed tanks due to its limited ammunition capacity meaning you would have to land at a helipad and rearm this would cause you to lose valuable time defending own cap base. The more players spawn in a heli the higher the chance of losing. And losing in the assault arcade mode is a high enough probability.

medal medal

14 hours ago, SGNB said:

Suggestion:
1) Add a new AI lineup for 8.3-9.0 (or 9.3) vehicle, seperate them from the real top tier machines, give them a room to breath.
2) Reduce the number of bots or make them go slower! Even air assault gets 20 bots per wave! not 33!

I Agree with SGNB.

With the current update it pretty much impossible to win 8.3+ top tier arcade tank assault. Making it not enjoyable at all. 

Here is also some Suggestions that i think would help fix this game mode.

1) Reduce the amount of bots or give them a speed limit of how fast they can drive. ( Maybe also give AI reduced accuracy.)

2) Add the new br range of 8.3-9.0

3) Increase the size of your team to 16 players (i think it caps at 10 people)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

can you please remove the ammo bills for assault arcade mode please?
i played 3 battles before i noticed the ammo bill had been implimented, 40+K for every ammo bill,game,result was -40+K every defeat and based on that ammobill even a win would cost you thousands of SL.
now why would i risk losing about 40-50K for playing assault mode when there is an about 70-80% i would say based on my experience in assault mode,that you will lose.
if the free ammo alternative is HEATFS, good luck stopping the waves of tanks coming at you,especially the last ones.
youve made assault arcade mode unplayable imo.

medal medal medal