Best answer

Update.

The problems regarding EAC and virus protection have been corrected, we will be switching it on again in Sim Ground Battles. It should not kick you from the game this time but you will need to enable it in the launcher to enter Sim Ground Battles. If all goes well, we will enable it again for all designated modes at 08:00 GMT tomorrow (5th). Thank you for your patience.

My game has not been launching from the normal launcher for about half a year now, and my solution has been to go into War Thunder\win64 and just make a shortcut to aces.exe, but today i've not been able to play at all because i get a message saying "EAC not inited. Online games will not be available. Please run game through eac_launcher.exe", which of course does not exist in the win64 folder. It does however show up in the win32 folder and i can launch the game via it, but then my game just crashes every time i get into a match because my OS is 64 bit and not 32. What do?

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have been running the game fine for years now, though there has been some instability as of late that I'm trying to pin down the cause. Today, however, I began getting this same message as described above. Everything else stated in the previous post is also true.  If I move eac_launcher.exe to the main folder, it attempts to launch the game via aces.exe in the Win32 folder, but like OP I am running a 64-bit OS. While the game WILL still launch through the standard launcher (for me at least), the client prevents me from entering online battles and requests that I 'load the game from eac_launcher.exe'. Attempting to reinstall or repair EAC does not work, neither does re-verifying the game files. Some help would be nice.  Below is the message I get when attempting to load the game via the launcher as I have been doing without issue until today:

image.png.a1639274a129eada8e28e5f03e1aba

Edit: Added some additional information.

Edited by Breakfast84

EAC is not yet active so the game cannot be started via the eac_launcher.exe

as it seems EAC is getting tested now but it's not mandatory yet. also it seems like it's only active

on Steam installs of the game (for me it was not and i'm on the standalone client).

but the game is (slowly) getting prepared for eac so parts of it are already implemented in the client.

this however means that atm the client has to be 'told' to not look for eac at the start... so instead of

just running the aces.exe it has to be started with the command line option -noeac

one way to do this is to create a desktop shortcut to the aces.exe and edit the properties or run a

command prompt / line (in the ..\war thunder\win 64\  folder) and start the aces.exe with the -noeac

option.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/236390/discussions/0/1629665087664208276/#c1629665087664287584

-- BUT --

i'd suggest to rather look into the core problem - the game not running from the launcher.

Edited by relliK
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Rellik,

I hate to say it but they are not the only one with this problem, I have the same above issue, my work around is the aces.exe file.

I have tried everything under the sun, repair, reinstalled, file verification. I only have one WT folder on my computer, the Launcher is in the F:/Warthunder folder

Up until this update I have used this workaround but today you killed it, understand you need to update the cheating system in the game ( all for it) but right now just like the above posters and I have seen more on Reddit we are SOL.

I see you have the easy anti cheat folder installed in the WT folder, I go open and setup the anticheat and see after repair its not active.   I can get into the game, I just cant play.

Your -noeac does work, but WT need to sort out there launcher.  Many people have this issue over the years and its never been fully addressed.

Edited by F900EX
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, F900EX said:

Your -noeac does work, but WT need to sort out there launcher.  Many people have this issue over the years and its never been fully addressed.

indeed they do... and i already tried to forward a possible solution to what i think may be the core problem. it's just not possible for me to get in touch

with them directly. this however is a new issue caused by the testing of EAC and there seems to be a problem with the implementation and even if

this specific issue gets fixed the problem of the client not launching when getting started from the launcher will not.

medal medal medal

I am not using the Steam client, but the 'workaround' you posted did work. I had to create a shortcut directly to aces.exe with the aforementioned commands. Seems to work for today, but it's an awfully big oversight that their official launcher doesn't want to launch the game.

Thanks for the help though. Hopefully those commands won't get me into trouble when they implement it across the board.

9 minutes ago, Breakfast84 said:

Hopefully those commands won't get me into trouble when they implement it across the board.

once they announce that EAC is officially implemented (and mandatory) you should be able to run

the game via the eac_launcher.exe

also there will most likely (or certainly) be a launcher update rather soon so you should always start

the launcher first before starting the game via the aces shortcut and see if anything changed ^^

medal medal medal

Rellik,

I'm at a loss trying to make the launcher work, I've even gone into the regedit to make sure there is no missing link or error.

Ive even gone to the lengths of keeping WT on a separate SSD, as mentioned above I have done it all. 

I'm with Breakfast on this when your official launcher does not connect the game and the left hand is not talking to the right hand and here is the thing.. Many people over the years have had this issue, like many things nothing has been done. Yeah Launchers don't make $$$$ but its a big oversight on WT's part.

But for now thanks for the work around, It is appreciated

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Gaijilla_himself said:

I was unable to sign in

but why ? what is happening when you try to run the game 'normally' via the launcher ?!

medal medal medal

So apparently EAC rolled out this morning ... not sure if the lack of checking the checkbox in the bottom of the launcher is what caused this, but I was kicked while in a game, received this message and then proceeded to be crew locked for 8 minutes.  If this is the typical user experience, prepare to be flooded with complaints:

image.thumb.png.2e507d666b2446105e896269

medal medal medal medal

Hello,

today I got disconnected from a battle by the anti cheat after around a minute after the battle started, and after checking the replay, I wasn't the only one. Can anyone explain what is it supposed to mean?

Here is the replay link: https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/44627407445055633

War Thunder Screenshot 2019.11.28 - 15.17.45.33.png

• Like 1
medal medal