ygualt

Aerodynamic "behavior" ??

Hello everyone, new to this Forum as I'm to the game. Have only been playing it for 3 days and surprisingly happy with the outcome. Have had years of experience (literally) flying flight simulator and comercial aircraft but really nothing compared to the arcade mode that WT was about to offer me. I'd say that it's Jimgle's fault for getting me into this game and I can see why it's so addictive. I understand that one must master the ropes and grind (I play WOWs for more that a couple of years now) so I'm familiar with the drill. What's interesting to comment is that I've taken certain advice into consideration and started with the Russian line of aircraft, all I can say is that I was excited with the first 2 free ones (biplanes) because they handle exceptionally well (tight turns, bleed off speed and accelerate fast) which can pretty much keep you on your enemy's tail for a very long time and I've seen it to become frustrating for the opponent to shake me off. So I humbly propose playing with your speed control whenever you're being chased or doing the chasing. But the interesting thing I'd like to share is that in no way was I ever expecting to get one wing torn off of these little trainer planes and have been able not only to control my flight but to keep barreling on and effectively keep killing targets. Has anyone had the same experience and can share this with me? It may be a commentary many times tackled throughout the forum but I reckoned it was worth mentioning because I cannot believe such particular aerodynamic behavior in a realistic scenery. Anyways my two cents worth and glad to become a insignificant part of this community.

Yes the flight model can be quite forgiving in arcade mode - no it's not (cough) highly realistic, but TBH it's not really all that common and everyone gets it, and it happens less and less as you get to higher performance aircraft.

Those reserves are just damned fun aren't they??!! :D

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, ygualt said:

But the interesting thing I'd like to share is that in no way was I ever expecting to get one wing torn off of these little trainer planes and have been able not only to control my flight but to keep barreling on and effectively keep killing targets

In arcade...the "virtual instructor" makes the diff in arcade, even perhaps realistic, it does not have the instructor, but it does have auto trim. If you had been flying in sim...you would be having to set your own trims, specially if damaged, if you want to keep flying level

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

even perhaps realistic, it does not have the instructor

Realistic mode will have the instructor if you use mouse aim. You use the mouse to tell the instructor where to fly the plane, then the instructor flys it for you. The only time you don't have the instructor is when you use a stick input of some sort, or a virtual mouse stick.

Edited by tbhoop

Hi,

U guys forget that you can use full controls in ab . meaning one wing off and you crash. 

Full controls turns off instructor.

Op are you using a stick?

medal

Getting part of one wing shot off and flying in arcade is fairly common; the system has a damage model that can calculate in odd ways; sometimes my plane is shot to pieces with half a wing gone but still flyable, other times it's a little less than half a wing but it counts me as killed.  A real challenge is when your engine gets blown away and trying to see how many kills you can get before you lose velocity and crash.

medal medal