Cromwell turret ring thickness

I've finally found something more concrete on the turret ring, haven't seen it posted before so here it is:

kimHrjg.jpg

So according to this, the Cromwell has an outside diameter of 67.75" and inside of 57.20". Half the difference will get the turret ring thickness. So this comes out at around (67.75 - 57.20) / 2) = 5.275 inches or 133.9mm.

133.9mm turret ring thickness.

Have I calculated this right? 133mm seems like a lot for a Cromwell, but given the Comet has had its turret ring corrected to 120mm maybe they'd accept this correction as well. 
At least it matches the estimation by @Fliegel's bug report (which theyve just ignored it seems like):

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice find! Yes, I had the same result (133,98).

Have you been to The National Archives? I was planning to go there for this very document when I was in the UK to (to visit The Tank Museum of course!) but eventually were too afraid of the language barrier and chicken out....
Anyhow, I consider to order a copy now. Or do happen to you know where to get all 11 sheets?

As for the bugs, I have little hope somethign will change soon. The Cromwell is 3.3 of the 10.3 scale — it is low rank tank now, with low priority it seems to me.
The tank has broken model: the left back road wheel is half invisible, turret is different height above the hull on Crommel I and V, and few not standart things like mud guard on the Cromwell V (should be rounded), Cromwell V has hull type C but limited speed due to change of final drive ratio is on the hull E and above (could be re-build but would get hull upgrade as well probably), the exhaust shold no longer have the bevel (and could have Normandy cowl).
It has also wrong armour on the turret (and the ring, oviously)... not mention general things like lack of differential steering or too high penetratio values and low damaging effect. And it can't even wear the Allied Star (as in WT it is USA exclusivity for reasons).
Ufff... sorry for the whinning.

But feel free to make a report. As you mentioned, Comet has been corrected so perhaps it is a good time now (plus you have quite bullet proof evidence). One thing at a time, I guess.

Edited by Fliegel
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Fliegel said:

Nice find! Yes, I had the same result (133,98).

Have you been to The National Archives? I was planning to go there for this very document when I was in the UK to (to visit The Tank Museum of course!) but eventually were too afraid of the language barrier and chicken out....
Anyhow, I consider to order a copy now. Or do happen to you know where to get all 11 sheets?

As for the bugs, I have little hope somethign will change soon. The Cromwell is 3.3 of the 10.3 scale — it is low rank tank now, with low priority it seems to me.
The tank has broken model: the left back road wheel is half invisible, turret is different height above the hull on Crommel I and V, and few not standart things like mud guard on the Cromwell V (should be rounded), Cromwell V has hull type C but limited speed due to change of final drive ratio is on the hull E and above (could be re-build but would get hull upgrade as well probably), the exhaust shold no longer have the bevel (and could have Normandy cowl).
It has also wrong armour on the turret (and the ring, oviously)... not mention general things like lack of differential steering or too high penetratio values and low damaging effect. And it can't even wear the Allied Star (as in WT it is USA exclusivity for reasons).
Ufff... sorry for the whinning.

But feel free to make a report. As you mentioned, Comet has been corrected so perhaps it is a good time now (plus you have quite bullet proof evidence). One thing at a time, I guess.

Someone posted these images in a private fb group 2 months ago. Along with sheet 1, 2 and 7 (which I think have all been seen in various publications). Interestingly sheet 2 shows the Cromwell armor thickness with the separate inner platings while sheet 3 shows the total combined thickness, with only slight differences elsewhere. Not sure about the other sheets though. 

But yes the Cromwell tanks in-game are just a giant mess, sometimes you just got to sit back and laugh at it :lol2: 

You probably know more about this than I do, to me it seems like Gaijin have modeled the Cromwell I on a Centaur hull. The V and I seem to have completely different dimensions when comparing width, length and such - which I doubt are historical. When the turret armor gets corrected again then I'll consider reporting this, but if you wish to add it to your existing report go ahead! 

1 hour ago, RoryWatt18 said:

Interestingly sheet 2 shows the Cromwell armor thickness with the separate inner platings while sheet 3 shows the total combined thickness, with only slight differences elsewhere.

Yeah this caused some confuzion in the past and is probably reason why the turret's inner structure is missing.
The sheet 3 shows welded Cromwell. Really rare (I think 128 were build or so). Welding saves them weight compare to riveting so some of them have even extra "aplique" armour (in the sheet as "assitional armour welded on").

medal medal medal

I got various documents regarding the turret ring thickness for ww2 british tanks sucxh as this one, I was planning to report them but due to lack of time (and faith) I gave up doing it.

The turret ring for the Comet got corrected from a bug report posted by xxxx Manchu  on the russian forum and if I am not mistaken he used a trial about shots fired against the turret ring.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

On 17/11/2019 at 07:25, FuryMkI said:

I got various documents regarding the turret ring thickness for ww2 british tanks sucxh as this one, I was planning to report them but due to lack of time (and faith) I gave up doing it.

The turret ring for the Comet got corrected from a bug report posted by xxxx Manchu  on the russian forum and if I am not mistaken he used a trial about shots fired against the turret ring.

You could post your sources and intention on the British Bug Report section and someone could log them on your behalf.

• Upvote 2
medal

• 1 month later...
On 18/11/2019 at 07:37, Jarms said:

You could post your sources and intention on the British Bug Report section and someone could log them on your behalf.

I'll try to do one report during winter hollidays and see how it goes, if it gets accepted I'll do as much as I can before getting back to work and I'll post what still needs to be done on the British bug report section then.

Edited by FuryMkI
  • Upvote 1
medal medal