Sign in to follow this  
MrWhiteWizard

UK Tank RB lineups post BR 8.3

Good Morning Troops

This is my current 8.3 lineup, however I am now shuffling forward onto my next lineup.  Should I build it around the next MK 5 at 8.7 or the MK10 at 9.0? Either way all my support vehicles are going to be 8.0 and 8.3.

What are your current line ups and what are the pros and cons?  I have the whole UK air tree unlocked and the Premium Lynx (Worst purchase ever, as I impulse bought without research. It has a place holder cockpit and no Heli SB mode)

Cheers

medal

I got a very useful answer from Reddit, if anyone is curious:

[–]Non-penetrationzani1903 [+1] [score hidden] 37 minutes ago 

You're definitely going to want to focus your next line-up on the Chieftain Mk. 10. The Mk. 5 has such a pathetic improvement in peformance over the Mk. 3 that it's a giant point of contention as to why it even has a higher battle rating than the Mk. 3.

Your ideal line-up will be the Chieftain Mk. 10 as your main vehicle, Warrior and then either a Chieftain Mk. 3 or, because you own it, the Shot'Kal Dalet as your primary back-up vehicles. Include the Chieftain Marksman, as you always need anti-air in the line-up. The Marksman isn't really even that good, it's easily the worst gun Radar SPAA thanks to its massive size, giant gap between the guns, terrible speed and maneuverability, and lowest ammo reserve of all the 30mm Oerlikon-equipped anti-air platforms, so you can easily justify using the Falcon instead if you want.

For air vehicles, your Reaper is an excellent choice. It may not be the best fighter, but it's the best CAS vehicle Britain has before the Phantom FGR.2, and can brawl enemy aircraft in low-speed fights easily. If you want a second CAS jet, use the Swift F.1. It has better performance than the Reaper, and has only slightly inferior loadout options to it, so it's a great second jet for the line-up. For Helicopters, you obviously don't have much a choice, so just use the Scout AH.Mk.1, it's smaller and faster than the Wasp HAS.Mk.1. The Lynx and G-LYNX are far better, but you can't use them at 9.0. And if you'd like to dedicate a crew slot to a pure Fighter, you're using the Hunter F.1 without question. Far superior to the Venom and Javelin as a fighter. The Swift F.7 also works well, if you don't want to use the Hunter F.1.

Because of Britain's pathetic selection of ground vehicles at this BR range, this is basically the best you can do. Your line-up consists primarily of vehicles that function best on defense, and that's how it goes from here all the way to the Challenger 2, so you're going to have to get used to either playing in the rear and snipe, or accepting your tank's often inadequate close range performance to brawl.

medal

Mk 10 for sure. I didn't even bohter unlocking the Mk5

Marksman is rubbish...but actually ok - becuase it's dirt cheap.  Like printing SL.  You will get kills with it.

As for Jets...I couldn't add to your Reddit advice as I don't have that many.  Used the Venom once with a Challenger line up and got splashed very rapidly by a Ka-50 whilst flat out on the deck.

Scout is now hamstrung badly to the point of uselessness by the new Chopper spawn point being moved back - you can't get it in the fight in any reasonable timescale.

medal medal medal

Oxy does a reasonable run of them on YouTube.

It's personal choice but it does give you a plan to try.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this