Jump to content

Centurion Mk. 3 and Caernarvon Turrets nerfed significantly


So in 1.93 these tanks' turrets were nerfed heavily and can now be penetrated by 75 and 85mm guns through the gun mantlet centerpiece. 

 

Is any of this historically correct? It wasn't mentioned in any patch notes anywhere so I suppose it isn't. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/bR3Tl9Y

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

So in 1.93 these tanks' turrets were nerfed heavily and can now be penetrated by 75 and 85mm guns through the gun mantlet centerpiece. 

 

Is any of this historically correct? It wasn't mentioned in any patch notes anywhere so I suppose it isn't. 

 

https://imgur.com/a/bR3Tl9Y

 

Only the Centurion Mk 3 has been nerfed.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Only the Centurion Mk 3 has been nerfed.

wait was it not the mk10 ? or did they nerfed the mk3 as well ? i mean i killed a centurion mk3 with my mg from the maus through the mantlet but i just counted it as magic 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Gaijin ninja nerf.

 

To be fair the Shot Kal Dalet has had that same armor pattern + 200mm MG port for a while.

 

Left side of the mantlet can be penned by a Tiger 1 at some angles.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure there's supposed to be a 200mm trunnion block behind the mantlet, at least for the Mk. 10. As for the Mk. 3, I am very much certain the mantlet should at least be 152mm thick.

Hopefully this is just a bug with the protection analysis mechanic and not the actual model.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KHEEEEENSCREAM said:

Pretty sure there's supposed to be a 200mm trunnion block behind the mantlet, at least for the Mk. 10. As for the Mk. 3, I am very much certain the mantlet should at least be 152mm thick.

Hopefully this is just a bug with the protection analysis mechanic and not the actual model.

 

Mantlet seems to have a minimum of 100mm now.

  • Confused 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MuricaxSuffers said:

wait was it not the mk10 ? or did they nerfed the mk3 as well ? i mean i killed a centurion mk3 with my mg from the maus through the mantlet but i just counted it as magic 

Mk 3 as well now has 152mm mantlet.

But Caernarvon with Centurion 3 turret still has 200mm and the MG port not modeled...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, *XreGenerations said:

 

Mantlet seems to have a minimum of 100mm now.

My guess is this is a bug with the protection analysis system, or a lack of quality control concerning the "fixes" to the turret being penetrable by a machine gun. Probably didn't bother checking that everything was fine.

Could also be both.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, *XreGenerations said:

Looking online I found this source which suggests the mantlet should be 152mm not with 100mm bits.Related image

It says 'Mantlet: Max. 152mm which does imply lower values elsewhere. Do we know of any trunnion blocks or gun shields being behind the mantlet?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

It says 'Mantlet: Max. 152mm which does imply lower values elsewhere. Do we know of any trunnion blocks or gun shields being behind the mantlet?

 

It already has a trunnion full of holes that pixel shells can fly through unfortunately.

 

Gaijin used to use these... things as sauce for British armor. I can see where they got 200mm from.

 

Image result for centurion mark 3 armor

Edited by *XreGenerations
  • Confused 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

It says 'Mantlet: Max. 152mm which does imply lower values elsewhere. Do we know of any trunnion blocks or gun shields being behind the mantlet?

Actually there are in-game:

 

shot 2019.10.29 18.45.33.jpg

shot 2019.10.29 18.45.37.jpg

 

Caernavron has the same blocks so the topic is wrong: instead of nerfed you should correct it to buffed. There is a small about 115mm mantlet weakspot on Cent. Mk3 but its very small.

 

Both Caernavron and Cent. Mk3 have now very strong turrets for 6.7 especially for hill-peek.

Edited by theSoon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, theSoon said:

 

Caernavron has the same blocks so the topic is wrong: instead of nerfed you should correct it to buffed. There is a small about 115mm mantlet weakspot on Cent. Mk3 but its very small.

 

Both Caernavron and Cent. Mk3 have now very strong turrets for 6.7 especially for hill-peek.

 

Buffed? What was buffed? Apart from the MG port that you didnt mention its only been nerfed. Those trunnion bits were there before.

 

The machine gun port basically blocks off the right side of the turret, problem is that the left side is wide open now and it has all the crew lined up, Gunner, Commander and Driver up for grabs for OPHE. 

 

3 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Oh so the british get cast trunnion but the Leopard has to have structural steel.

K mate

 

^

TRUNNION AND OPTIC SHIELD WAS THERE BEFORE THE PATCH

 

And while the Leopard is clearly supposed to have a big trunnion its not structural steel its 20mm of RHA.

Edited by *XreGenerations
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean the Caernarvon is clearly a Centurion turret slapped on a Conqueror hull and yet Gaijin cant even be consistant about the models. It doesnt have that new 200mm MG Port despite clearly, well, having it.

Edited by *XreGenerations
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, *XreGenerations said:

 

Buffed? What was buffed? Apart from the MG port that you didnt mention its only been nerfed. Those trunnion bits were there before.

 

The machine gun port basically blocks off the right side of the turret, problem is that the left side is wide open now and it has all the crew lined up, Gunner, Commander and Driver up for grabs for OPHE. 

:facepalm:

You say it yourself the MG port was buffed so it was buffed. Mantlet was almost identical in LOS thickness before the patch so what was actually nerfed? That very small weakspot? The MG port is buffed significantly so generally it's a buff.

Edited by theSoon
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theSoon said:

:facepalm:

You say it yourself the MG port was buffed so it was buffed. Mantlet was almost identical in LOS thickness before the patch so what was actually nerfed? That very small weakspot? The MG port is buffed significantly so generally it's a buff.

 

Why are you choosing to be ignorant?

 

Trolling up the crappy loader side of the turret doesnt actually negate the fact that a whole 50-60mm has been taken off the mantlet. That massively reduces its effectiveness at range and in a downtier. As shown in the OP the mantlet can get as weak as 111mm frontally, compared to a minimum of 160ish before.

 

Its a nerf, that gunner side full of crew is now wide open.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theSoon said:

:facepalm:

You say it yourself the MG port was buffed so it was buffed. Mantlet was almost identical in LOS thickness before the patch so what was actually nerfed? That very small weakspot? The MG port is buffed significantly so generally it's a buff.

No it wasn't buffed. The MG Port was 200mm before, is still 200mm but the central main part of the gun mantlet notably on the left side of the turret was nerfed from 200 to 152mm

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've captured screenshots of the Stats for the Cent Mk3 and Mk10 and posted them below. In a month or so we can pop back and see whether this change (as well as the BR raise for the Mk10) ends up being something substantial. 

 

My prediction is that it won't matter much at all, because for the players who have been running up these stats in the first place it has never been about the armor, it has been about the stabilized, LOLpennning, fast reloading guns.

 

Mk3:

Screenshot_20191029-184354.thumb.png.c70

 

Mk10:

Screenshot_20191029-184237.thumb.png.948

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

No it wasn't buffed. The MG Port was 200mm before, is still 200mm but the central main part of the gun mantlet notably on the left side of the turret was nerfed from 200 to 152mm

 

Wronnnng. Whats going on here?

 

That 200mm MG Port was only present on the Shot Kal Dalet, except the Shot Kal Dalet had inexplicably less mantlet armor that has now been applied to all Centurions consistant across the board.

 

The Caernarvons mantlet is everything we had before, 200mm middle, 160mm high and low, trunnion and optic shield.

200mm mg port was not modelled

 

The 200mm mg port is new for the mk 3 and the 50-60mm nerf all across the mantlet is new.

Edited by *XreGenerations
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, *XreGenerations said:

 

Why are you choosing to be ignorant?

...

Your mother was ignorant choosing to give birth to you.

16 hours ago, *XreGenerations said:

...

Trolling up the crappy loader side of the turret doesnt actually negate the fact that a whole 50-60mm has been taken off the mantlet. That massively reduces its effectiveness at range and in a downtier. As shown in the OP the mantlet can get as weak as 111mm frontally, compared to a minimum of 160ish before.

 

Its a nerf, that gunner side full of crew is now wide open.

"wide open" you say :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Like to exaggerate much on false assumptions don't you.

Firstly, the right side of mantlet got bufffed significantly from 160 to 200 and even 400mm in a big area. Sencondly, left side recieved a VERY SMALL weakpoint, it is basically a POINT of 110mm, which is the same thickness as the lower part of turret close to turret ring. Again, that new weakpoint is a POINT. Good luck hitting that with non-stabilized gun against stabilized Cent. Mk3 - it is actually WAAAAAAY easier to hit the cupola.

So right side got a significant buff (especially against APHE like russian 122mm which bounces nicely which wasn't practically possible before), left side got a miniscule nerf - so generally this concludes that Cent. Mk3 got buffed - and it doesn't matter if you like it or not or do that support your agenda - that is the fact.

 

15 hours ago, Panzerzwerg said:

No it wasn't buffed. The MG Port was 200mm before, is still 200mm but the central main part of the gun mantlet notably on the left side of the turret was nerfed from 200 to 152mm

Nope, it was 152mm before, not 200 and without the MG port "pyramid". It is a buff, you should really change the topic so you won't lie to the community.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theSoon said:

It is a buff, you should really change the topic so you won't lie to the community.

Pal,  your claim that mantlet received buffs is not true, for me it is obvious that mantlets are nerfed dramatically

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theSoon said:

bufffed significantly from 160 to 200 and even 400mm in a big area. Sencondly, left side recieved a VERY SMALL weakpoint, it is basically a POINT of 110mm

 

So you select the minimum possible armor value for the old mantlet to compare for your argument (that 2/3 of the mantlet face that was 160mm is now 100mm) and then go and say that those sections are VERY SMALL when they are 100mm, no they arent. And why are you forgetting the middle 152mm section when that too is very much pennable?

 

Id stick with the old 200 160 160 mantlet with the hollow MG Port than thin it out and stick it on the crappy right side, it provides much more reliable LOS protection.

 

As for the turret ring. That can be hidden hull-down, the mantlet cannot you bloody idiot.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, *XreGenerations said:

 

So you select the minimum possible armor value for the old mantlet to compare for your argument (that 2/3 of the mantlet face that was 160mm is now 100mm) and then go and say that those sections are VERY SMALL when they are 100mm, no they arent. And why are you forgetting the middle 152mm section when that too is very much pennable?

No, you brain damaged troll, i'm talking about LOS thickness of all layers and OP's picture. You have to learn to read if you want this to continue, i can't explain to you every post i made.

Edited by theSoon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any on the topic of tiny weakspots, I cant even count how many times a gigantic APHE shell has managed to slip through the microscopic "120mm immune" weakspots around the conquerors breach and one shot me.

 

5 hours ago, erilon03 said:

Pal,  your claim that mantlet received buffs is not true, for me it is obvious that mantlets are nerfed dramatically

 

Soon he is going to convince us the Mark 10s breach was buffed.

Edited by *XreGenerations
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...