DaGreenBolt

Give top tier tanks stock apfsds

Currently tanks like the leo 2k, m1a1, leo 2a4, m1a2, Leclerc, amx 40, and type 90 start out with Heatfs stock. This patch the stock heatfs was nerfed from 650mm to 480mm, making it a horrible stock grind for t3 or t4 mods such as apfsds shells. 

As if rn with these new heatfs pen values, there should be no reason to not implement stock apfsds.

Edited by DaGreenBolt

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

moved > Machinery of War Discussion > Ground Forces Discussion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8
medal medal

They cant, you must suffer and let russian p2w roflstoping you.

Ka50 will kick you and their tanks crush your remains

Edited by PlumleyBT
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, PlumleyBT said:

this^
Or you waste GE to get apfsds and get nuked then :) 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Previously, HEAT-FS stock was viable, I did reasonably well with it, but now, definitely not. I'd say a lot of tanks need a different stock ammunition, and for some, just no upgraded APFSDS.

medal medal

Well, I have been considering buying my yearly dose of 25000 GE during the weekend, I am glad I did not do it... I guess I will stay away from top tier for good... First downtier helicopters, now introduce more deadly choppers as premiums and nerf 120mm HEAT-FS which is stock for many NATO 120mm while leaving Soviet HEAT-FS untouched. They should nerf Soviet HEAT-FS too and make it stock round for Soviet MBTs... As usual, Gaijin makes one step from pro-Russian bias and two steps back... :facepalm:

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

It’s pretty clear Gaijin wants stock rounds to be as restrictive as possible. That motivates players to spend shiny birds. 

It’s the same reason we will never get proper US APBC performance. If we did, then there would be little inventive to pay up for APHE. 

7 hours ago, KHEEEEENSCREAM said:

Previously, HEAT-FS stock was viable, I did reasonably well with it, but now, definitely not. I'd say a lot of tanks need a different stock ammunition, and for some, just no upgraded APFSDS.

Yep, the stock heatfs was okay to grind with as you could pen weakspots reliably and could pen Russian armor, but it came with a lower velocity. Now that the pen value was dropped to 480mm, its pretty much useless, since the Russian armor (especially with kontach armor) makes this round ineffective. This makes it harder to kill tanks using weakspots as well. 

medal medal

Just got Leclerc

What a disgusting game

you need like 200k rp to get to apfsds and now u have 480mm heat that cant pen anything

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, DaffanZ said:

Just got Leclerc

What a disgusting game

you need like 200k rp to get to apfsds and now u have 480mm heat that cant pen anything

"We have to gather statistics first and then we will consider which shell should be stock"

Yes, they said that

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/10/2019 at 16:16, PlumleyBT said:

That's why Russia is the best top tier nation in game right? oh wait...

medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, jackTIGR said:

That's why Russia is the best top tier nation in game right? oh wait...

Unhistorical nerfs are a way to balance things for gaijin, specially if vehicles from a particular nation suffer against others. 

You can keep your sarcasm for yourself.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal