Samuel_Hyde

Why did vickers MBT gone to 7.3 in the new changes?

at 6.7 even 5.7 can easily kill it with one shot

i myself killed bunch of it with my STA-1, why gaijin decided to bump it up to 7.3?

Now it would meet 8.3 which i doubt Vickers MBT can fight against (stabilizer+APFSDSes+ATGMs+IFVs Autocannons)...

To make it worse, it has no HEAT-FS to deal with T-10 and has to use the HESH to do any real damage, which is even less reliable than HEAT-FS

Is there something that i did not know about it??

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gun is too strong for 7.0...combined with the stabilizer and fast reload, the Vickers MBT was "too successful" for Gaijin to handle LOL.

 

I've been playing the 8.3 BR M60A1 (AOS) with the same gun and haven't even bothered with HEAT-FS yet since the APDS has been doing well against everything I've been meeting in 9.0-9.3 matches...the Vickers MBT would probably do better at 8.3 than it will at 7.3 because nobody drives heavy armor up there anymore.

 

 

  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stabilized L7 with APDS and HESH with a 5sec reload is the reason. 7.0 was too low for it, same goes for the cent mk.10. They were undertiered for a long time now.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rainbowprincess said:

stabilized L7 with APDS and HESH with a 5sec reload is the reason. 7.0 was too low for it, same goes for the cent mk.10. They were undertiered for a long time now.

I mainly play brits and I agree. If APDS had its irl pen both Cent Mk 10 and Vickers could go to 7.7 and Cent Mk 3 to 7 or 7.3

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't agree they were undertiered. They die to almost anything in one hit, aren't too mobile, and only have yellowing needle damage APDS to rely on.

 

The fast reload was all the Vickers has to counter that it takes multiple shots to get a kill, while everything else just lolderps with APHE.

 

At best they were just on curve. But certainly not OP. Hopefully the unseen reason for this change is the L7 and APDS is finally being fixed to work as it should.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

I wouldn't agree they were undertiered. They die to almost anything in one hit, aren't too mobile, and only have yellowing needle damage APDS to rely on.

 

The fast reload was all the Vickers has to counter that it takes multiple shots to get a kill, while everything else just lolderps with APHE.

 

At best they were just on curve. But certainly not OP. Hopefully the unseen reason for this change is the L7 and APDS is finally being fixed to work as it should.

Maybe thats why they were waiting with that cool APDS fix so long, so they release it with new Cent premium. Cent Action X with 360mm of pen sound cool actually

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FilipAleksanderS said:

Maybe thats why they were waiting with that cool APDS fix so long, so they release it with new Cent premium. Cent Action X with 360mm of pen sound cool actually

 

That would stand to reason.

 

Although I'd say odds of it are low.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

I wouldn't agree they were undertiered. They die to almost anything in one hit, aren't too mobile, and only have yellowing needle damage APDS to rely on.

 

The fast reload was all the Vickers has to counter that it takes multiple shots to get a kill, while everything else just lolderps with APHE.

 

At best they were just on curve. But certainly not OP. Hopefully the unseen reason for this change is the L7 and APDS is finally being fixed to work as it should.

 

Maybe for you, but I tell you I was murdering Germans and Soviets at will with the L7 at 7.0...and looking at how these vehicles have done overall on Thunderskill I am not alone. Even now with the same gun on the M60 at 8.3 I have had no problems killing bad guys with APDS because they are mostly lightweight 8.7s/premiums (Leopard powder kegs). These are often a one-shot kill, aiming center of mass.

 

Is your ping bad when you play? When you say "yellowing APDS needle damage" referring to 105mm, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about (20lber can definitely be underwhelming sometimes against stuff like the King Tigers or T-54s). The damage is reliable and decisive if you follow the formula:

 

Frontal Engagement

First shot: Gunner and Driver dead

Second shot: Tank dead.

 

Side Engagement

First Shot: Through turret/crew compartment; kill gunner & disable breech

Second Shot: Driver/engine to stop it

Third Shot: If needed.

 

Rear Engagement

First shot: Through engine; set tank on fire & kill multiple crew

Second shot: Kill remainder of crew through turret.

 

Abuse the stabilizer religiously to pop out of cover and get the first hit. Line up the gun barrel beforehand and look through the gunsight as you move. If the first shot fails to eliminate the threat of return fire, back into the cover which you should be using all the time anyway (hilltop or rocks/buildings). I actually start backing up before my shot even lands/registers on the hit camera, that way if it doesn't work out I am halfway to safety already. This is the primary difference compared to APHE tanks...you always have to be thinking about disabling the enemy's return fire on the first shot and putting them away with the second/third. Yes that is not easymode compared to APHE, but that's the offset for having a stabilizer when nobody else does and being able to hit and disable moving targets easily at 1km+ or sniping people at 1500m+ with the flat trajectory of APDS. I recently OHK an M48 through the LFP at 1800m on the second shot (first one missed by a little bit and I adjusted the range and fired again before he could react)...how many guns at 7.0 (or even now at 7.3) can do that every 5-8 seconds?!

 

I'm not trying to jam you up here, but looking at your results in all of these stabilized APDS tanks I can't help but think that either you are getting a lot of ghost shells/ping problems, or you're playing them wrong somehow. Maybe getting caught out of cover and finding yourself in a situation where you MUST make the perfect shot or die? Not disabling the enemy's gun on the first shot and having him kill you in return? Staying out of cover too long to kill tank A, so that tank B sees and shoots you?  These are all problems I had when I started with these tanks, which were mostly solved by being patient and willing to forego the kill & live to fight another day. Fortunately, assists pay well too.

 

Good luck Fuzzie!

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 06:40, MattS93 said:

.the Vickers MBT would probably do better at 8.3 than it will at 7.3 because nobody drives heavy armor up there anymore.

 

 

I want whatever your smoking, L7 apds is usable but no where near whatever your hyping it up to be, ill take heatfs or apdsfs over it any day of the year, the hesh it has is also completely irrelevant to anything other than thin armor vehicles which is also a hit or miss, but you want to put it at a BR where it is literally completely outclassed in every single aspect(other than a few god awful vehicles), let alone uptiers???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it all allows for a full 7.3 lineup now with the Conq, Cent, Vick and Falcon.

 

I feel sorry for my Conway though, and 7.0 CAS. With a few other vehicles being put at 7.3 I wonder if this is a shuffle after +0.3 raise of max BR.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, glock991 said:

I want whatever your smoking, L7 apds is usable but no where near whatever your hyping it up to be, ill take heatfs or apdsfs over it any day of the year, the hesh it has is also completely irrelevant to anything other than thin armor vehicles which is also a hit or miss, but you want to put it at a BR where it is literally completely outclassed in every single aspect(other than a few god awful vehicles), let alone uptiers???

 

I don't want to move the Vickers up to 8.3, I'm saying that at 8.3 (as the game stands right this moment), it would largely face targets with minimal armor that the L7 would rip straight through. That has been my experience playing the M60AOS...just a buffet of Leopards and other easy pen tanks, compared to the prevalence of heavier tanks at the next BR range down.

 

As for the effectiveness of L7 APDS, I can only base my opinion on my experiences with it, which have been extremely positive. Speaking of which, have you ever even played the Vickers MBT? I don't see a single L7 tank in your battle history...what are you basing your opinions on?

Edited by MattS93
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Luciferke said:

Thank your for the APDS nerf, the repair cost increase and the br increase... You cant even pen leo1 turret... it says shattered... Great balance again. 

 

E03EEA3439BA5A7A953C6F333DBFB14D54D0BD74

Hold up! Did they nerf the penetration values of APDS?!?! 

On the dev server?

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, USVIKILLER said:

Hold up! Did they nerf the penetration values of APDS?!?! 

On the dev server?

 

Nono, its the "normal" server. 5-6 shoots out of 10 ends up like that "Shattered".

Even Conq APDS shatters on leo turre.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Luciferke said:

 

Nono, its the "normal" server. 5-6 shoots out of 10 ends up like that "Shattered".

Even Conq APDS shatters on leo turre.

Oh, ok.

Yeah that's the norm, unfortunately.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MattS93 said:

Speaking of which, have you ever even played the Vickers MBT? I don't see a single L7 tank in your battle history...what are you basing your opinions on?

I mainly play on ps4 my name on there is jayn1thejet go ahead and check, as i told many before

Edited by glock991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Luciferke said:

Thank your for the APDS nerf

If that is true that affect every vehicle with L7 APDS and those are a LOT

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, glock991 said:

I mainly play on ps4 my name on there is jayn1thejet go ahead and check, as i told many before

 

Nah, if you say so I believe you. I just didn't understand how you could have strong feelings about a tank that it looked like you never played LOL. But since you have then carry on :salute:

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the shattering is not new for APDS. I don't now the details but afaik APDS is able to shatter when there are overlapping armor plates and the energy is not sufficient after the penetration of the first plate. You also regularly shatter your APDS on the Ferdinand forntplate with the two 100mm plates bolded toghether.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These tanks were both really strong at 7.0, the reason that they weren't obviously OP is that they were still fairly unpopular - due in part to the British tree in general not being popular but also because they're sluggish and not particularly forgiving vehicles.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MattS93 said:

 

Nah, if you say so I believe you. I just didn't understand how you could have strong feelings about a tank that it looked like you never played LOL. But since you have then carry on :salute:

No problem :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 12:40, MattS93 said:

The gun is too strong for 7.0...combined with the stabilizer and fast reload, the Vickers MBT was "too successful" for Gaijin to handle LOL.

 

I've been playing the 8.3 BR M60A1 (AOS) with the same gun and haven't even bothered with HEAT-FS yet since the APDS has been doing well against everything I've been meeting in 9.0-9.3 matches...the Vickers MBT would probably do better at 8.3 than it will at 7.3 because nobody drives heavy armor up there anymore.

 

 

the m60 aos has the best apds handsdown, m728 its better than the L28a1 by far ...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're relying on armor on Vickers MBT you're using the tank wrong. Same how you can't rely on armor in your leopard.

Everybody underestimates the stabilizer, yes in AB it's not a big deal but in RB it makes huge difference to a point it's worth arguing if unstabilized tanks should even see stabilized ones.

 

Yes, that APDS shatters and bounces sometimes... but you were using it at 7.0 while everybody else got the taste of (105mm APDS + stabilizer) only at 8.3 or even 8.7 and don't compain. I always wondered why wasn't this tank 7.7-8.0 to begin with. It's not THAT slow.

It would probably make it a favor since tanks are more compact in upper BRs, less chance to just shoot it through and do no damage to anything. But even in lower BRs, just shoot the ammo and wait for fireworks. I never understood why "needle damage" was so bad when you got penetration to shoot through the toughest parts and hit the ammo behind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taeblamees said:

worth arguing if unstabilized tanks should even see stabilized ones

Not really when you consider how stabiliser have been around for quite a while. (Early moddel Sherman's horizontal stab as an example)

Edited by TerikG2014
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.