Spinflight

British ground forces are appalling...

On 29/10/2019 at 20:33, Jarms said:

- Artificial weakspots: Many British vehicles have been modeled with weaker drivers ports, MG ports, turret rings, etc. Which shouldn't be the case from the sources I've seen.

Nothing like getting mowed down by an SPAA frontally at top tier!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/10/2019 at 22:55, *XreGenerations said:

Overangle the right side.

Needs its APDS round.

I spaded the tank and played it in every conceivable way, the issue is the weak spots are too exploitable if you arent playing against lemons, doesnt matter how much you angle if you still have that big **** cupola up top, which 70% of my deaths are from not to mention the mg port

Edited by glock991
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, glock991 said:

I spaded the tank and played it in every conceivable way, the issue is the weak spots are too exploitable if you arent playing against lemons, doesnt matter how much you angle if you still have that big **** cupola up top, which 70% of my deaths are from not to mention the mg port

In honesty...i am probably a lemon. Crested a hill on my Tiger I...suddenly i saw a A39 500m in front...had no idea what it was or where to hit it...

Couldn't find a weak spot in some seconds i was aiming at it...tried three times (back into cover...up to fire...back, etc...)

And i wasn't the only one...although my team had a big advantage  the A39 survived close to the end of the match...luckily it also didn't do much...no idea how easy it is to fire it (reload time, mobility)...

At the end i gave up and went around...went fight easier opponents like IS1s and Jumbos ;)

Pen analysis tool seems to indicate best target is the left top corner...didn't spot a "large enough" MG port or a cuppola...

(To be honest...first one i see in over 100 5.7 matches...so not very worried)

Edited by *GhostSoph

On 30/10/2019 at 09:54, MattS93 said:

My strongest recommendation to you is to keep at it and try some of the other trees to get more experience and perspective on WT gameplay. Even if you end up continuing as a British "main", this broader experience will only help you.

Meh... Maybe at some point but I couldn't even bring myself to buy the Sherman, Achilles and the others I've unlocked when they were half price recently so doubt it. Pretty much given up on the line as a pisstake.

I've played 22 vehicles, spaded about a dozen, for more than 50 hours and the only one I can say that I enjoyed was the Crusader III. 

It's meant to be a game and I don't see why anyone would expect a newbie player to git gud when it simply isn't rewarding to do so. I'm enjoying naval and don't mind the planes but unless something changes and they revert some nerfs such that the vehicles make some sort of mobility / protection / firepower triangle sense then I won't be bothering. 

8 hours ago, Spinflight said:

It's meant to be a game and I don't see why anyone would expect a newbie player to git gud when it simply isn't rewarding to do so. I'm enjoying naval and don't mind the planes but unless something changes and they revert some nerfs such that the vehicles make some sort of mobility / protection / firepower triangle sense then I won't be bothering. 

It's certainly not for everyone, but I have personally found the process of growing as a player over the past couple of years (where I went back and played 4 trees from the ground up, earning all the camouflages for the tanks that I liked) to be extremely rewarding.

Sounds like you just don't like tank gameplay TBH. That being the case I agree that it makes no sense for you to keep doing it.

medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Spinflight said:

Meh... Maybe at some point but I couldn't even bring myself to buy the Sherman, Achilles (...)

Those are actually two of the best Brit tanks...

Sherman has same BR as the US brethern (which are very competitive) and adds APCR capability...making it the best Sherman at 3.7.

Achilles introduces you to a PRACTICAL 17pdr carriage (Archer is too hard to use)...you "pay" 0.3 over normal m10...not a bad deal...

(Only issue is eventual matches vs 5.0 Jumbo's...other than that Achilles is very good)

BR4 IS FUN for Brits... Achilles, Churchill and add your fav 3.7 (or premium Achilles)

Edited by *GhostSoph

2 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Sherman has same BR as the US brethern (which are very competitive) and adds APCR capability...making it the best Sherman at 3.7.

Achilles introduces you to a PRACTICAL 17pdr carriage (Archer is too hard to use)...you "pay" 0.3 over normal m10...not a bad deal...

(Only issue is eventual matches vs 5.0 Jumbo's...other than that Achilles is very good)

BR4 IS FUN for Brits... Achilles, Churchill and add your fav 3.7 (or premium Achilles)

True story: I once racked up 10 kills in an RB match on Abandoned Factory in the Achilles. LOL that turret rotation is tragic of course but the gun just MELTS everything.

medal medal medal

The British tech tree isnt amazing by any means but there are some tanks there with serious team melting potential. Even the worst tanks in game game can be used great effect.

This bad 'regardless of skill' stuff is a bunch of crap.

medal

14 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Ahhh but u get worse armour. Me thinks is worse 3.7 sherman. Not bad but worse.

A.33 Excelsior at 4.0 is fun to.

4.0 isent an ideal arcade lineup but a capable one. I dont think the 5.0 jumbos are a significant issue.

Regards the tortise A39.

It should get its APDS. Its not a unusable tank and its had some buffs with time. I think it's better than public perception implies.

Armour has alot of holes, but even these are usually somewhat beefy. The vehicle is rare enough people dont know them to well.

Large crew so it survives hits that pen often.

On 01/11/2019 at 12:34, Spinflight said:

Meh... Maybe at some point but I couldn't even bring myself to buy the Sherman, Achilles and the others I've unlocked when they were half price recently so doubt it. Pretty much given up on the line as a pisstake.

I've played 22 vehicles, spaded about a dozen, for more than 50 hours and the only one I can say that I enjoyed was the Crusader III. 

Your problems are probably more ground forces in general than british forces.

The part that is bolded I want to draw extra attention to. I expect newbies to "git gud". I expect them to learn and improve. That statement had me dumbfounded. It is also rewarding to get good. You research tech trees faster, spade faster, win wagers and matches in general easier, perform better in events and tournaments, unlock skins, titles, profile pics and decals quicker. Generally I think it's more fun to play well than to play bad anyways and that's it's own incentive. I dont know why anyone would say that there is no incentive to get good.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal