Centurion MK10 Changes

17 minutes ago, glock991 said:

If 7.7 wasn't a black hole id trade that for british 7.3/7.0 any day much more versatility especially with the t95e1 in 7.7

And those stats aren't the average player, those state are from the pro players who can pull off and make just about any tank get decent winrates(me), the average players grind stops at 6.7 because it only gets worse from there

To whatever degree it's relevant, my comments apply to RB. I did really well with the UK 7.0 compared to how I have done with US 7.7 so far...and actually.better than I did with the powerhouse UK 6.7. So that is all I can tell you, my personal experience with it...everybody else's mileage will vary!

Fortunately my US.7.7 has been getting better with practice; have to consciously alter my playstyle to account for the lack of stabilizers. Other than the gun bounce I find the M60 to be a good tank...may be one of the three people on planet Earth who is actually looking forward to the stock grind with the M60A1 AOS and RISE LOL.

medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, glock991 said:

There was really no good reason to move them up, i don't care about personal stats, the fact is they never clubbed like there american contemporarys and haven't for years, and a turret armor nerf for no reason

The Cent Mk10's overall stats were very strong at 7.0, both in AB and RB. Better than the M46 which is also at 7.0.

I mean, what exactly is your definition of "clubbing" if this isn't it (Cent. Mk10 over the past month):

Screenshot_20191020-114407.thumb.png.84d

medal medal medal

55 minutes ago, MattS93 said:

The Cent Mk10's overall stats were very strong at 7.0, both in AB and RB. Better than the M46 which is also at 7.0.

I mean, what exactly is your definition of "clubbing" if this isn't it (Cent. Mk10 over the past month):

Screenshot_20191020-114407.thumb.png.84d

Do those winrates account for different servers? Or who they are paired with? If paired with the us i can see why, they spam cas and helis the most

Edited by glock991

1 minute ago, glock991 said:

Do those winrates account for different servers?

I don't believe so, just Thunderskill users' data.

My play has been on the US and EU, FWIW.

medal medal medal

Win-rates shouldn't reflect the massive jump in repair cost, if a tank is doing well fine move it up a BR but don't slap a huge repair cost on it as well it just makes people abandon the vehicle en-masse. Just for reference sake the Centurion MK10 originally cost 3,540 Lions to repair.....it is now 10,001 Silver Lions

The move would be more justifyable if say it retained the 200mm thick mantlet (or at least had the trunion modelled beneath the 152mm mantlet) and APDS was much more lethal and consistent than say APCBC/HE and HEAT-FS

Anyone can have fun or adapt to the British tech tree however I can confidently say that everyone who has ever played the British has had at least one or two moments where we've achieved penetration but the round grazes the Gunner or Breach leaving us angry and frustrated

• Upvote 2

On 16/10/2019 at 00:00, NoodleCup31 said:

:016:

Literally nobody has a stabilizer there except the STB-1 mate.

Germany doesn't have one (with turret) until 8.7.

Russia until 8.0 (excluding PT 76)

US until 8.0

That's why the Brit 6.7 is so strong.

What's about of 6.7 coffin on a wheels from Italy with stab, race car mobility, and apfsds on 60mm short gun which have a such a good damage, unlike most of 105-125mm ones?

Edited by erilon03
medal medal medal medal medal

I live in the vain hope that with the 7.3 uptier, we'll also get the trunnion + mantlet holes fixed. Probably won't, knowing Gaijin, but still..

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Interior was changed. Bulkheads were added but the ammoracks were relocated meaning that now if your hull gets penetrated ANYWHERE you will die immediately. Or, because of OPHE and the gloriously botched 145mm mantlet, if you get hit in the Cent. Mk. 10, you die. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Interior was changed. Bulkheads were added but the ammoracks were relocated meaning that now if your hull gets penetrated ANYWHERE you will die immediately. Or, because of OPHE and the gloriously botched 145mm mantlet, if you get hit in the Cent. Mk. 10, you die. 

This has pretty much always been the case though, right? I mean I can't recall too many times where I've taken a hull shot in any Centurion tank and lived to talk about it LOL.

Fortunately the armor holes are supposed fixed so coaxial machine guns won't kill our gunner anymore!

medal medal medal

Update on the Centurion, some small changes have been made since Action X was added likely to try and calm us all down

According to the changes made as of "Shark Attack" 

- Centurion MK1, Centurion MK3, Centurion STRV 81, Centurion MK10 and Shot Kal Dalet have recieved a partition wall between the Driver and Loader, this is unlikely to actually have any impact but maybe...possibly make ammo detonations less likely? I highly doubt it'll do anything so no point in getting the hopes up

- Centurion (unspecified) has had holes in its mantlet supposedly fixed so hopefully no auto-cannon penetrations from 100m however we shall see if they're still present

- No changes have been made to the Mk10's mantlet i.e no modelling of the 200mm trunion beneath the main mantlet so looks like we're stuck with the 152mm Mantlet and 10,000 Silver Lion repair cost 

Also regarding the hull, the commonly known values are 76,2+44mm add-on=120mm layered armour. Where did they get the 51mm figure from? 

The Tank used to be almost historically correct, just a few missing ammo choices and the missing trunnion. 

Now it's a greater mess than ever before. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Also regarding the hull, the commonly known values are 76,2+44mm add-on=120mm layered armour. Where did they get the 51mm figure from? 

The Tank used to be almost historically correct, just a few missing ammo choices and the missing trunnion. 

Commonly well know values are 76+(2inches) 51mm, not the 44mm.

It was I who made that happen, provided several sources supporting that

https://forum.warthunder.ru/index.php?/topic/271939-191047-centurion-mk-10-oshibka-vld/

Edited by erilon03
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Panzerzwerg said:

I believe the 51mm is actually historically accurate and the Centurion MK10 is gradually becoming kore accurate (over the several years it actually been in the game) 

Now we've gotta get that 200mm thick trunion modelled correctly and maybe the Centurion MK10 will be effective enough

Edited by *Hurricanefire32

On 30/10/2019 at 07:15, *Hurricanefire32 said:

According to the changes made as of "Shark Attack" 

- Centurion (unspecified) has had holes in its mantlet supposedly fixed so hopefully no auto-cannon penetrations from 100m however we shall see if they're still present

can confirm, they're still present, faced instant death from an Ostwind straight through the front of my turret, if memory serves, it has at best, 49mm of pen, and this was about 200m away.

medal medal medal medal

Trunnion block has been bug reported for well over a year now. I think it's time to accept it will never be fixed and the Cent 10 will just be another statistic on the list of horribly broken tanks in this game.

medal medal

Centurion MK3 has also being changed in the mantlet area and its also a nerf = 

- Central Mantlet has been dropped from 200mm thick to 152mm

- Upper and Lower mantlet has been dropped to 100mm and is slightly angled providing something like 120mm

- Mantlet mounting is 120mm thick and is quite narrow so hits here are unlikely however the angle is flat to the point it might produce extreme thicknesses 

- Turret front is a 152mm thick and smaller than on the MK10 also entirely flat

- Turret surround is simply 89mm thick like before with a very slight angle providing 100mm thick armour

On 09/11/2019 at 03:00, valhalex86 said:

Cannot the nerf of the 10 be made because in the near future we will be a Mk13 as many of us want?

MK13 has exactly the same armour as the MK10 however MK13 has access to a ranging .50 cal MG like on Vickers MBT and has an IR headlamp attached to the mantlet. 

The only difference is that maybe the MK13 would fire L52A1 APDS instead of the current L28A1 APDS which may offer slightly more penetration

On 15/11/2019 at 01:30, glock991 said:

Cent mk3 armor nerfed too? quite a blatant attempt to get you to buy the cent x for any useful armor

Which is strange because the Action X's armor sucks.

Also for disclaimer 152mm cast is 143mm effective.

I also did a bit of digging, this and many other sauces suggest that the M728 shot that the late M60s get was originally designed by Britain in the 60s and designated L52.

http://echo501.tripod.com/Military/105ammo.htm

Surely the mk 10 and vickers should get this too? That would justify the BR increase IMO.

Edited by *XreGenerations
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

On 17/11/2019 at 12:05, *XreGenerations said:

I also did a bit of digging, this and many other sauces suggest that the M728 shot that the late M60s get was originally designed by Britain in the 60s and designated L52.

http://echo501.tripod.com/Military/105ammo.htm

Surely the mk 10 and vickers should get this too? That would justify the BR increase IMO.

Yes, many NATO 105mm APDS are of British origin and missing from the British tanks.

We are however not sure if they were really used on British Centurions (only 105mm gun vehicle of British Army) as it was superseded by the Chieftain quite early. The Cent retired from gun tank role in 1972 but hasn't received upgrade/refit since the mid 1960s.

Export rounds also had the "L" number like the late 1980s L64A4 APFSDS, having roughly the performance of M833 but was purely for exports as UK didn't operate 105mm tank. It was sold to friendly states and still in use by some.

On the other hand, the Brits was really ahead with the Chieftain introduced in 1959. Imagine having L15 APDS at BR 7.7... the Chieftain was contemporary to T-62, Leopard 1 and M60 with stock ammo, while many countries were still operating T-34 and M48.

medal medal medal