Centurion MK10 Changes

23 hours ago, erilon03 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vRBsYM7rSnReQXLKqAbgGs4IPUvV8AXaHgqslcnaGzjINWpaq0yGvHRBFFoX2_TDdXyG_FFkvg5g-Ju/pubhtml#

Centurion 10 / Vickers moved to 7.3, like recent huge mantlet nerf wasn't enough for them.

F .... this ....t

23 hours ago, TerikG2014 said:

so nerf it then move it up yea.... sensible.

Yeah seriously wtf. I can understand the Vickers since it doesn't have armor in the first place but the Cent Mk 10 is super slow and can easily killed by every 6.3 tank through the turret while it often requires multiple shots with APDS to take out a tank.

The only explanation I can see is that they want to remove 7.0 as a lineup for most nations :dntknw:

medal medal medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, KillaKiwi said:

Yeah seriously wtf. I can understand the Vickers since it doesn't have armor in the first place but the Cent Mk 10 is super slow and can easily killed by every 6.3 tank through the turret while it often requires multiple shots with APDS to take out a tank.

The only explanation I can see is that they want to remove 7.0 as a lineup for most nations :dntknw:

Come on, what they want is to compress the BR more,it is seen that the lack of players already begins to affect the game. And we are still waiting for the adjustment of APCR and APDS.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 14/10/2019 at 16:35, TerikG2014 said:

so nerf it then move it up yea.... sensible.

ridiculous, and they'll probably leave the high repair costs on there too

If they don't move chieftains down this patch at the very least then I'm done. Gaijin are quick to unnecessarily up tier the cent mk 10 but not make the changes we actually need, 

Edited by Dantheman66
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

2 hours ago, TerikG2014 said:

Thing is that'll be 6.7 as it's only got the 20lb its also more like the FV4202

This actually sickens me a bit, British 6.7 good and all but why add this to premium? Its sad that I can count more Centurions in the premium slots than the Tree slots

Why add this when the Centurion Mk1 with the 20mm Polsten cannon has been needed for British 5.7 from the on-set of Britains tech tree

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

This actually sickens me a bit, British 6.7 good and all but why add this to premium? Its sad that I can count more Centurions in the premium slots than the Tree slots

Why add this when the Centurion Mk1 with the 20mm Polsten cannon has been needed for British 5.7 from the on-set of Britains tech tree

The 6.7 action X seems so necessary when there's lots of gaps that need filling on the brit tree.

6.7 is probably one of the few places britain has plenty of vehicles already, including a premium centurion. Why add another one? Seems like a waste of developer resources to me.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

17 minutes ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

Because it's a prototype probably. 

16 minutes ago, magazine2 said:

Because it's a prototype probably. 

Doesn't matter, Britain fielded Centurion for a huge amount of time yet we only see premiums being added

Centurion MK1 with 20mm at 5.7?

Centurion MK2 for 6.0?

The Centurion MK10 doesn't need a BR raise or a high repair cost, its only advantage against other tanks is its 7.0 BR meaning it faces 6.7. Its armour is vulnerable, its mobility is mediocre and its firepower is limited, most tanks between 7.3 - 7.7 have stabilisers so theres no advantage there either

7 minutes ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

most tanks between 7.3 - 7.7 have stabilizers

:016:

Literally nobody has a stabilizer there except the STB-1 mate.

Germany doesn't have one (with turret) until 8.7.

Russia until 8.0 (excluding PT 76)

US until 8.0

That's why the Brit 6.7 is so strong.

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

:016:

Literally nobody has a stabilizer there except the STB-1 mate.

Germany doesn't have one (with turret) until 8.7.

Russia until 8.0 (excluding PT 76)

US until 8.0

That's why the Brit 6.7 is so strong.

Maybe stablisers as an example was bad since Britain is pretty lucky in that respect (don't send me to gulag for my lack of knowledge pls) 

However as @Dantheman66 put it, Britain has enough 6.7 tanks, what it needs is tanks for its 7.0 - 10.0 bracket. Even 5.7 is lacking! 

6 minutes ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

Maybe stablisers as an example was bad since Britain is pretty lucky in that respect (don't send me to gulag for my lack of knowledge pls) 

However as @Dantheman66 put it, Britain has enough 6.7 tanks, what it needs is tanks for its 7.0 - 10.0 bracket. Even 5.7 is lacking! 

What could be done is to leave the fall in 6.7 by removing the APDS, climb the charioter to 6.7, raise the centurion and fv4102 to 7.0 by adjusting the damage and realistic penetration of your APDS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poopooo said:

What could be done is to leave the fall in 6.7 by removing the APDS, climb the charioter to 6.7, raise the centurion and fv4102 to 7.0 by adjusting the damage and realistic penetration of your APDS.

That won't happen. 

medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, poopooo said:

I know, we can't have much hope in the developers, since they aren't interested in making changes to improve the game.

I'd like them to do the generations of apds myself. Would make the first gen more or less apcr. 

medal medal medal medal

Hmmmm...

Step 1 - Nerf Centurion Mk10 repair cost.

Step 2 - Nerf Centurion Mk10 turret armour and "conveniently" forget the trunion.

Step 3 - Nerf Centurion Mk10 BR to 7.3 to make it even worse again.

Step 4 - Introduce brand new shiny Centurion at a lower BR with much better turret armour and low repair cost...then charge you a crapton of real money for it.

I can't be the only one seeing Gaijin's obvious ploy here.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 5
medal

10 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Hmmmm...

Step 2 - Nerf Centurion Mk10 turret armour and "conveniently" forget the trunion.

Step 4 - Introduce brand new shiny Centurion at a lower BR with much better turret armour and low repair cost...then charge you a crapton of real money for it.

Like the time they nerfed apcr and buffed apds when the british came out or the tine they buffed solid shot when the French came out. Tends to be a trend over all. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Hmmmm...

I do not expect anything good from gaijin, I just expect new premiums, new buged vehicles, and old bugs to remember well which company the game belongs to.

On 16/10/2019 at 09:50, TheFuzzieOne said:

Hmmmm...

I really dont understand why Gaijins had this sudden bipolar urge to butcher the Mark 10, it was already crap imo, and now 7.3? What are you getting at 7.3? - A mediocre gun, poor mobility and poor armor.

Compare it to some of the Pattons with CHEAT-FS around 7.3 with their better mobility and trollier armor profile. Even the M46 with worse mantlet armor has a better chance to tank a shot from APHE because the breach blocks most of the shrapnelling.

I have hopes that perhaps Gaijoob has plans to buff APDS to justify this increase in BR - 145mm at 60o at 100m, but I wont bet any money on it.

As for the Trunnion, its clear the Centurion mark X had a big fat possibly 200mm trunion block behind the mantlet, but I dont think gaijin cares. Even if it were 200mm of structural steel it would be about enough to block a glorious 88mm shell at range, which we cant have now can we?

medal medal

7 hours ago, *XreGenerations said:

I really dont understand why Gaijins had this sudden bipolar urge to butcher the Mark 10

Because they have an expensive new premium Centurion coming and they want people to feel like if they just spend a little money then they can make up for the nerfs.

medal

9 hours ago, *XreGenerations said:

I really dont understand why Gaijins had this sudden bipolar urge to butcher the Mark 10, it was already crap imo, and now 7.3? What are you getting at 7.3? - A mediocre gun, poor mobility and poor armor.

That just does not match my experience at all...the Mk10 and Vickers MBT have been clubbing the daylights out of everything from Tiger 2s to T-54s. I am a pretty average player and here are my results with it, all recent:

Screenshot_20191018-062922.thumb.png.58c

I predict that they will do fine at 7.3...add in the Conqueror and Falcon and we will have one of the best lineups in the game IMO.

2 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Because they have an expensive new premium Centurion coming and they want people to feel like if they just spend a little money then they can make up for the nerfs.

I think it is more a case of the Strv81 going away to make room for a Swedish tree someday. Time will tell I guess.

medal medal medal

On 16/10/2019 at 14:50, TheFuzzieOne said:

Hmmmm...

Step 5. Rise its repair price 

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MattS93 said:

That just does not match my experience at all...the Mk10 and Vickers MBT have been clubbing the daylights out of everything from Tiger 2s to T-54s.

They struggle against T-54s, more than they should. Centurion Mk10s should be lolpenning them through the frontal hull from around 2k away if it was historically correct.

Currently they have a gimped shadow of what the L7 really was, and struggle to get kills with needle damage APDS that just yellows things, so it's not even down to personal aim but pure RNG.

• Upvote 4
medal

Just now, TheFuzzieOne said:

They struggle against T-54s, more than they should. Centurion Mk10s should be lolpenning them through the frontal hull from around 2k away if it was historically correct.

Currently they have a gimped shadow of what the L7 really was, and struggle to get kills with needle damage APDS that just yellows things, so it's not even down to personal aim but pure RNG.

All I can say is that the results speak for themselves, and I'm not alone apparently since the Mk10's overall stats were strong at 7.0.

I've been consistently getting the first disabling hit on everything most of the time thanks to the stabilizer and fast APDS shell. I peek up over a hill or out of cover and immediately fire while the other guy is still bouncing around trying to stop. Without even really aiming. First shot kills the gunner and driver, second (sometimes third, it is what it is) secures the kill. 

Sure, sometimes I am baffled when 105mm APDS lets me down, but that hasn't been too often TBH...not nearly as much as the 20lb APDS did. It may not be what it was IRL, but in game world the Mk10 has been a murder machine for me (as has the Vickers MBT). I realized just how good they were after I went back to my US 7.7 lineup that I would trade for the stabilized UK tanks in a heartbeat.

medal medal medal

On 18/10/2019 at 08:49, MattS93 said:

All I can say is that the results speak for themselves, and I'm not alone apparently since the Mk10's overall stats were strong at 7.0.

I've been consistently getting the first disabling hit on everything most of the time thanks to the stabilizer and fast APDS shell. I peek up over a hill or out of cover and immediately fire while the other guy is still bouncing around trying to stop. Without even really aiming. First shot kills the gunner and driver, second (sometimes third, it is what it is) secures the kill. 

Sure, sometimes I am baffled when 105mm APDS lets me down, but that hasn't been too often TBH...not nearly as much as the 20lb APDS did. It may not be what it was IRL, but in game world the Mk10 has been a murder machine for me (as has the Vickers MBT). I realized just how good they were after I went back to my US 7.7 lineup that I would trade for the stabilized UK tanks in a heartbeat.

If 7.7 wasn't a black hole id trade that for british 7.3/7.0 any day much more versatility especially with the t95e1 in 7.7

There was really no good reason to move them up, i don't care about personal stats, the fact is they never clubbed like there american contemporarys and haven't for years, and a turret armor nerf for no reason

Edited by glock991