Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Courier_Mojave

Fw 190 A-5, any good?

13 posts in this topic

Pretty much the same as the German 190 A5, just with higher rewards.....One of my favourite planes, excellent BnZ'er

How does it compare to D13?

Pretty much the same as the German 190 A5, just with higher rewards.....One of my favourite planes, excellent BnZ'er

Very good plane, I prefer it to the D13 atm as the A5 doesn't feel as sluggish and still has good firepower and dive speed, I would go as far as to say that it's my current favorite premium (haven't tried either of the XPs though)

How does it compare to D13?

A bit slower in terms of top speed, but seems to accelerate and handle better.....

Very good plane, I prefer it to the D13 atm as the A5 doesn't feel as sluggish and still has good firepower and dive speed, I would go as far as to say that it's my current favorite premium (haven't tried either of the XPs though)

XP-55 is awesome.  XP-50 good climber but very hard to hit anything that is turning.

I'm not a big D-13 fan. But I really like the 190 A5.

Slow (607kph vs e.g. 672kph for p38), poor sustained climb, can't turn, overtiered, overpriced repair cost, low reward bonus (120% for p38 t10, 110% for t11 spitfire vs 100% for fw190a) .... not worth it at all, the worst tier 11 plane in the game (p38, spitfire xvi and la7 all beat the snot out of it). As a result, a very rare plane to see ingame.

A 1941 plane fighting 1944 planes.

Slow (607kph vs e.g. 672kph for p38), poor sustained climb, can't turn, overtiered, overpriced repair cost, low reward bonus (120% for p38 t10, 110% for t11 spitfire vs 100% for fw190a) .... not worth it at all, the worst tier 11 plane in the game (p38, spitfire xvi and la7 all beat the snot out of it). As a result, a very rare plane to see ingame.

it is not good for arcade, more if you use the HB you will be amazed

It's a poor choice for arcade, but it is worth every single penny in HB.   It is the only 190 I fly on a regular basis, and its roll rate alone is worth its disturbing repair cost.

Even before the Dora was nerfed, it outclassed it in my opinion.  If you ever see someone flying one as opposed to a D-13, chances are they know their aircraft very well.

Seems to work ok for me mate....Maybe I'm doing something wrong...