I always thought  they existed just wiki is a bad source.

Its be good if they made it a premium series. 2 pounder, 57mm and 75mm

And yeh iv mentioned the grizzly. It's odd to consider. Basically just a sherman 

Edited by SneakySausage
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

And yeh iv mentioned the grizzly. It's odd to consider. Basically just a sherman 

But not quite there are some differences between a Sherman and a grizzly.

1 hour ago, SneakySausage said:

Barely any. Not enough to make a notices difference in game

Heh true but another Firefly is another Firefly

2 minutes ago, SneakySausage said:

I'd prefer just the most produced version. Just a 75mm. Grizzlys are pretty limited numbers realistically should just consider the most produced varient

I don't see any rest we can't have both. But I'd still prefer the girzzly over another US lend lease Sherman.

1 minute ago, TerikG2014 said:

I don't see any rest we can't have both. But I'd still prefer the girzzly over another US lend lease Sherman.

Only what 200 built (188 jumps to mind). Unecssary to add  both considering we have very similar tanks in game basically copies. Remembering that grizzlys barely served and probably never saw combat.

I wouldn't complain if it was added but seemed we could have tanks that would be better fits that should be added first

22 hours ago, SneakySausage said:

In that case

I disagree that no money can be made at lower tiers.

Happy?

Calm down chip on shoulder.

So there is no reason for inclusion of new vehicles within the tech tree at lower levels because money CAN be made? Fair enough. Not quite sure how it's a money earner (other than the bigger picture of keeping us happy), but thanks for your short reply with no content that doesn't contain quite an attitude...

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 02/10/2019 at 18:48, Deranger79 said:

Calm down chip on shoulder.

Ah yes much adrenaline..... the emotion your getting from me was more indifference towards your post.

So there is no reason for inclusion of new vehicles within the tech tree at lower levels because money CAN be made?

Uhm not sure if this Is just an English error or something more subtle

Fair enough. Not quite sure how it's a money earner (other than the bigger picture of keeping us happy), but thanks for your short reply with no content that doesn't contain quite an attitude...

That's a fine looking high horse you have there. 

I dont think it really needs context. But since you have lets say asked I shall provide.

People still buy and play low levels even if they can play or buy higher tiers/brs. Not a very revolutionary thing.

People try new nations or are just starting the game.  Adding vehicles to existing nations at lower br's might appeal to them. Making the grind quicker or just more comfortable. With the sherman III or for that matter the Sherman V, Rams or Grizzlys as discussed could arguably smooth the grind for the UK by equalizing it in comptitvness with USSR, Germany and the USA lineups. With arcade in mind mostly.

From my own experience the UK is marginally worse to play from 3.3-5.3 than the other big nations. I think it could be remedied with a few easy additions and would make the UK tree more appealing. Includes making more people willing to buy in. 

Since your feelings seem hurt I'll go further and explain the problems as I see them

First problem

Britain lacks full lineups with vehicles all sharing the same BR or they need to be purchased. Ignoring spaa we have 

3.3 - archer, valentine and Cromwell rp-3 (premium)

3.7-  Sherman II, Cromwell I

4.0 Churchill , Achillies, achillies (premium) and excelsior(premium)

4.3 empty

4.7 sherman vc, avenger, Churchill  Vii and Sherman Ic (premium)

5.0 Comet, Iron Duke (premium)

5 3 Challanger, AC IV (Premium)

5.7 Cent m1, Charioteer 

6.0 Black Prince ( Premium)

6.3 Cent M3, Fv4202

So a free to play player has 1 full lineup from 3.3-6.3 to play unless premium vehicles are bought. Even then some popular ratings (3.7,5.3 & 5.7 namely) won't be filled without uptiering a vehicle. Usually a cruiser or cruiser based vehicle

Second problem.

British tanks fall largely ( not wholly)  under 2 categories. Cruiser or Infantry.

Neither of these particularly fill the roles of medium, light or even heavy tanks aswell as what people would like.

Cruisers generally lack reverse speed and good armour and dont quite work as light or mediums..or heavy.

Infantry tanks lack speed and sometimes firepower and cant work as mediums or lights. Whilst some dont really have the armour to be heavies ( valentines).

So they are in a weird place that doesn't fit gameplay wise.

Of course we also get spgs/TDs but these are also lacking in being able to fill other roles adequately. 

This problem leads me to hesitate using some tanks. Particularly true of infantry tanks on uptiers. Gun is weak, armour is not reliable and mobility is just not...

Third problem

Britain has a lack of APHE, HE or HEAT based vehicles for much of the tree aswell as missing derp like tanks akin to sturmpanzer,brumbar, 105 sherman, kv2s and so forth.

Lack of more vehicles like this does cause disdain and avoidance of UK tree to some.

Soooooo?

I think that adding some vehicles could address these issues.  What would addressing these issues maybe do? Well it could

Encourage people who started as UK to continue playing the game and perhaps buy premium/vehicles.

Encourage people to try the UK tree and maybe continue playing it thru the tiers. Perhaps buying premium/vehicles

Satisfy people who already play the UK in that BR range. Potentially making them buy a premium if the introduced vehicle is a premium or on the same br as one they dont own already or just buy for sake of variety.

Interest people who want a very specific vehicle/varient for whatever reason. 

Happier players lead to lower turnover rates and higher purchase rates rather simply. 

Edited by SneakySausage
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, it wasn't that hard was it?

Still being sarcy but it least you came out with reasoning. Still don't know why you are being so aggressiveand rude, but some people obviously can't help themselves.

Though I was more pointing out that generally money earners are higher tier or new tech trees. Many of the more recent low premiums are event or MP items (so yes a money maker but avoidable if not part of normal tree). So yes adding new premiums is a money earner. But filling out of support tech trees would be nice to see in the normal trees (not exactly a money earner, but I understand what you mean about improvement of a nation could equal more earning potential for the Devs by keeping interest, rather than top tier).

A possible inclusion could be the Sherman Firefly (1944) at 5.7 or 5.3 or 5.0 (guesstimate). This could be an avoidable vehicle (sit in either current Firefly position but skippable until later, or with the Challenger/Comet/Centurion depending on its performance). This would be due to addition of late war APDS. No matter where it would sit BR wise it could at least flesh out options a little bit.

Also being stuck with 1 light (premium MP only) from 3.0 to 8.0 needs addressing since you can't just "rely on the US". But many nations seem scuppered in this area. AEC II is my favourite vehicle right now though.

We shall see as updates progress and see if the support nations get filled in.

Edited by Deranger79

On 07/10/2019 at 18:45, Deranger79 said:

Thanks, it wasn't that hard was it?

Still being sarcy but it least you came out with reasoning. Still don't know why you are being so aggressiveand rude, but some people obviously can't help themselves.

Aggressive and rude. Hardly

I said I disagree to a question so I corrected myself. Yes It was an error. But you seem to have already had an opinion on the subject which I wholly expected which i disagree with so my sentiment stands. Indeed I consider you being "sarcy.

Though I was more pointing out that generally money earners are higher tier or new tech trees. Many of the more recent low premiums are event or MP items (so yes a money maker but avoidable if not part of normal tree). So yes adding new premiums is a money earner. But filling out of support tech trees would be nice to see in the normal trees (not exactly a money earner, but I understand what you mean about improvement of a nation could equal more earning potential for the Devs by keeping interest, rather than top tier).

A bit to cover. Firstly your definition of money maker seems off. I think you mean primary monkey maker as opposed to generally.

Low levels make money. The question is just how much really.

They sell high tiers for more cash so each sale there is worth more than a mid or early tier in pure monetary means. But and we shouldn't loose sight of this possibility (probability) that they are going to sell more low-mid tier vehicles.

I dont know exactly how much more so I do not know if it's more profitable overall. There is a player base that prefers lower tiers. Higher tiers also may want this so they can spade up a tree faster/easier. I and a few people I know are a little disheartened by what feels like a lack of additions being made at lower BRs.

A possible inclusion could be the Sherman Firefly (1944) at 5.7 or 5.3 or 5.0 (guesstimate). This could be an avoidable vehicle (sit in either current Firefly position but skippable until later, or with the Challenger/Comet/Centurion depending on its performance). This would be due to addition of late war APDS. No matter where it would sit BR wise it could at least flesh out options a little bit.

1944 was start of production so the one without apds would fit better being called 1944 and apds 1945. I think a 76mm sherman is best idea.

5.0-5.7 area isent really lacking vehicles it's more they just dont share battle ratings. In arcade at least. My first issue there is AC IV should go back to 5.0 (AB).

Also being stuck with 1 light (premium MP only) from 3.0 to 8.0 needs addressing since you can't just "rely on the US". But many nations seem scuppered in this area. AEC II is my favourite vehicle right now though.

What does MP stand for?

1 light vehicle from tier 2 to br 8.0. Yeah this should be addressed. Lots of armoured cars and variants that served thru and past ww2. When APDS is considered we might get more varied BRs for them

AEC III, staghound and humbar cars worth looking at. Coventry MK II maybe as a premium.

1 minute ago, SneakySausage said:

ght now though.

What does MP stand for?

I was referring to Market Place.

On the Light subject the only real issue I see is that pretty much all nations except France and US also need additiions. So it is whether we reach an update where this line is considered.

8 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

I was referring to Market Place.

A.33 isent on market?

8 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

On the Light subject the only real issue I see is that pretty much all nations except France and US also need additiions. So it is whether we reach an update where this line is considered.

It's not so much an issue as a consideration in my eyes.

Actually I don't think the A33 is, at least if I have seen it it was a while back and very expensive.

The way I can usually tell is if it shows up in the tech tree now. If it's there you have the option to see if it's available. The Excelsior doesn't show up for me, whereas the majority of others do not. Actually the Reg Achilles doesn't show up either. Though could be down to none presently for sale... Not sure exactly how they implemented it.

Anyhow, back to getting variety added!

7 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Actually I don't think the A33 is, at least if I have seen it it was a while back and very expensive.

The way I can usually tell is if it shows up in the tech tree now. If it's there you have the option to see if it's available. The Excelsior doesn't show up for me, whereas the majority of others do not. Actually the Reg Achilles doesn't show up either. Though could be down to none presently for sale... Not sure exactly how they implemented it.

There are 3 at 3.0 +

A.33 AEC II and Iron duke