Current EC Bugs

On 05/11/2019 at 13:53, Kernow1346 said:

Yes, me too. Last few days all nations seem to have been set to zero at some point.

yup noticed that.

One more thing. Noticed that the italian F-84 now spawns from the extreme angle of the map. Feature? It's so uncomfortable. I prefere an airfield spawn to an air one with that position

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer
2 hours ago, LostF0X said:

One more thing. Noticed that the italian F-84 now spawns from the extreme angle of the map. Feature?

yes. if plane can't spawn at airfield it will spawn in air at map border.

Landed Ta152 on an AB and took anothe plane out. In the meantime, the AB got destroyed and I had to land on another AB, but when tried to take Ta152 out again, I couldn't. Apparently, it remained locked in destroyed AB, which is, I suspect, a bug.

Edited by C0lander
  • Confused 1
medal

23 hours ago, C0lander said:

Landed Ta152 on an AB and took anothe plane out. In the meantime, the AB got destroyed and I had to land on another AB, but when tried to take Ta152 out again, I couldn't. Apparently, it remained locked in destroyed AB, which is, I suspect, a bug.

It is! There's a very old bug on Ec airfield. if you land a plane on a specific airfield every time you'll try to spawn with that plane you'll spawn on the same field, and that's very annoying

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, chmooreck said:

Did you try to choose af AFTER choosing plane ?

No, that bug he is talking about is very annoying. Doesnt matter what you do, youll always spawn on same AF even if you select another one. 

Edited by *Shmo11100
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

• Developer
2 hours ago, *Shmo11100 said:

No, that bug he is talking about is very annoying. Doesnt matter what you do, youll always spawn on same AF even if you select another one. 

it's not a bug. if you landed on Af u can take off only from there.

it's not mission (but in-code) related logic

11 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

That makes sense IF you land on the AF. But when I crash or get shot down, I should be able to choose any available AF to spawn at. Many times a plane gets locked to a single AF for the entire game. It is very irritating. 

medal medal

3 hours ago, bearchills said:

That makes sense IF you land on the AF. But when I crash or get shot down, I should be able to choose any available AF to spawn at. Many times a plane gets locked to a single AF for the entire game. It is very irritating. 

Yeah no, if you land I understand that, but, sometimes if you die and try to spawn on different AF, it spawns you at the same ine you spawned in first (with that aircraft)

medal medal

This bug is old. The other day playing a match I was able to change AF. After this change no more, I mean, I switched AF but then I couldn't change anymore. I was stuck to the last AF until I leave the match

War Thunder is full of bugs, though they don't affect gameplay.

edit : Sorry, I'm referring to SB, game mode I've been playing

Furthermore I like to use Linux, but I can not play on Linux SB, because I can not adjust trim, using the mouse wheel, how can I do the windows.

Adding, if they take a long time to solve problems on windows , I ask you, how long they take to solve problems LInux?

Edited by Cayari

16 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

Ok, but I can't 'buy' a new plane on the new AF, which effectively kills one of my slots, which is a much bigger problem.

Edited by C0lander
medal

16 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

22 minutes ago, C0lander said:

Ok, but I can't 'buy' a new plane on the new AF, which effectively kills one of my slots, which is a much bigger problem.

This! ^^^^ 

Once you lost your plane you'd be able to spawn wherever you desire, otherwise it's a bug, especially if the current airbase is constantly under attack of bombers and strafers

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 14:04, LostF0X said:

This! ^^^^ 

Once you lost your plane you'd be able to spawn wherever you desire, otherwise it's a bug, especially if the current airbase is constantly under attack of bombers and strafers

Yea, and you still only have the SP for your ‘entry level’ aircraft, which will only spawn at the airfield under attack. No way to change airfields and get kicked if you don’t spawn.

medal

@lastGrayAngel - not sure if it's so on all maps but EC3 Stalingrad Winter, AF guardians are nicely aggressive vs fighters but totally ignore bombers.

When I got close to enemy airfield (there was A-zone to cap in next sector) they got on me and put up nice fight but when  enemy Me-264 came over our airfield they totally ignored him.

I remember that you've said you've changed something about their target list but I think if anything it should be the other way around. they should attack bombers and not fighters.

Also - if they main role is to be anti-bomber they should get something with more cannons like fw190A4 instead of 109s or even some heavy fighters like Me-410s, Bf-110s, Yak-7, Yak-9T/-9K

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer
17 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

@lastGrayAngel - not sure if it's so on all maps but EC3 Stalingrad Winter, AF guardians are nicely aggressive vs fighters but totally ignore bombers.

When I got close to enemy airfield (there was A-zone to cap in next sector) they got on me and put up nice fight but when  enemy Me-264 came over our airfield they totally ignored him.

I remember that you've said you've changed something about their target list but I think if anything it should be the other way around. they should attack bombers and not fighters.

Also - if they main role is to be anti-bomber they should get something with more cannons like fw190A4 instead of 109s or even some heavy fighters like Me-410s, Bf-110s, Yak-7, Yak-9T/-9K

there is no ways to gain them real priority to choose targets. i just removed AI fighters from its targets list. our mission AI have some rules, that coded, and mission designer can't change it.

22 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

there is no ways to gain them real priority to choose targets. i just removed AI fighters from its targets list. our mission AI have some rules, that coded, and mission designer can't change it.

then you should talk to script author. Right now AF guardians ignore player-controlled bombers totally. Not sure if always and on all maps but last time I've seen Me-264 repeatedly flying through formation of AI guardians and they didn't react.

When I got closer in my fighters they started to chase me and I must say they were not as easy to out-fly as I remember them to be.

If you can change them to be heavy-fighter/interceptor type (or whatever will be good against bombers like Yak-9K for example) and fix the issue where they do not attack bombers it should be fine.
When they trigger they fly ok - problem is they do not trigger when player-controlled bomber approach and my concern is that hey might not have strong enough armament to deal with bigger bombers.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
14 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

then you should talk to script author.

AI is not in script - it is coded via c++.

Me-264 is fast plane, and AI "looks" at it speed and make decision do not attack it, by it's speed (it decises that bomber have too high speed for succesful interraption).

This and similar things WILL happen ALWAYS until AI not be rewriten (it's my opinion). There is alot of things that AI planes do by own decision, ignoring mission scripts and tasks, and i can't do with it nothing.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

AI is not in script - it is coded via c++.

Me-264 is fast plane, and AI "looks" at it speed and make decision do not attack it, by it's speed (it decises that bomber have too high speed for succesful interraption).

This and similar things WILL happen ALWAYS until AI not be rewriten (it's my opinion). There is alot of things that AI planes do by own decision, ignoring mission scripts and tasks, and i can't do with it nothing.

Thanks for the insight. Is this related to AI plane speed or only target speed?

If it's because AI feel too slow to attack Me264 then maybe giving them faster planes would help.

I would have to check if me264 will be attacked in EC4 where guardians fly better planes.

Well it would also help to kick me264 into EC4 (BR 5.0+) regardless but I know it's not your area.

• Developer
13 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

If it's because AI feel too slow to attack Me264 then maybe giving them faster planes would help.

I would have to check if me264 will be attacked in EC4 where guardians fly better planes.

Well it would also help to kick me264 into EC4 (BR 5.0+) regardless but I know it's not your area.

there was better planes for AI defenders at first release, but too many peoples asked us to make those planes worse. i can change it back :-) because i'm personally thinks that AI defenders must be on best planes

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

there was better planes for AI defenders at first release, but too many peoples asked us to make those planes worse. i can change it back :-) because i'm personally thinks that AI defenders must be on best planes

I can't speak for others but you have my full support here.

We can test it on 1-2 maps to see how it goes and if no one rants this can be move elsewhere.

I also think that problem is not present everywhere. First of all, main abuser is Me-264 as it should be 5.0 and not 3.7 (I know it's not up to you). at 4km even with bombs it almost as fast as many Russian fighters there. There is no huge problem of Me-264 against US because they get late 1944 planes in EC3, planes that are good at 4-5km+. Soviets on the other hand do have great plane but not suited for attacking fast bombers. Most Soviet planes already lose some power at 4km and even if they can go to say 5-6km to dive on Me-264 they are limited by rather low wing-rip speed of 700. If Me-264 realise he is under attack he can dive 550-600km/h which give Russian planes at best 100km/h speed advantage which is way too small to attack bomber that mouse-aim lot of 20mm cannons in the rear hemisphere.

If I had to point any rank/nation combo that need guardians buff I'd say EC3 RU vs GE is the best candidate. How about giving them say Yak-9Ts or maybe lend-lease P-39s? both would be historically correct for the mid-war period, both were used in numbers and both have 37mm cannons made especially to deal with bombers. I am only not sure if P-39 bots will be able to utilise Cobra's high dive speed or will it decide that they are too slow. P-39s lose more power at 4km than Yaks if memory serves.

We can bend history a little and maybe give them P-63A-5 (which technically was delivered in 1944 but first examples existed in late 1943 in US) or I-185(M-71) which existed as early as 1942 but engine problems were solved only after 1943. Both should be more than fast enough so that AI maybe won't give up (testing require).
Germany in EC3 vs RU have 109E1 if I remember correctly. 109G2 or 190A4 should do the job. Both are historically accurate for the period.

One more unrelated thing. Last time I've checked English Channel map did not include Italy or US.
Italy was present since early Battle of Britain and while US was not it later had strong presence when bombing camping started in 1943.
Both nations have some torpedo planes that might finally see some use on that map. Granted - most US ones were used in Pacific but once we get pacific EC, US can be removed from this set :)

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

Please do! While flying in EC6 personally, I find it silly to see AI defenders spawn in Spitfires when we are facing players in the F-4C, Javelin, or the MiG-21. They should at least be in aircraft of that era that relates to that BR range. And more so in aircraft that were meant for an interceptor role.

The way I see it is there should always be that level of consequences for attacking or just getting close to heavily guarded military installations.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

Yes, they should be flying something from the correct BR bracket for the EC. No one should complain about that.

medal

On the English Channel, the game draws enemy ships' icons on the map, but when I get there, there are none. Only blue ships are where they're drawn.

Is this a bug, or a feature?

Edited by C0lander
medal