Current EC Bugs

47 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

AFs, tried to rocket bases and that worked.

Bombed every module several times to no effect

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/68514525194139954

Just come out of an EC7, Maginot (see link)  first sortie scored zero tonnage after 8 x 500 dropped on base and 2 x 500 on airfield (its possible base was destroyed while my bombs were falling as it did get destroyed at about the right time and I had no credit for any 'base destruction' after the match.  Next 3 sorties all dropped 10 x 500 (Vautour B) on various airfield modules (2 airfields); each sortie was credited with exactly half the expected tonnage.  Not seen this before today.  Results screen reflected the halved in-game tonnage.

Away for a couple weeks now, so unable to bug report, but link is up there for info.

medal

Does anyone else have trouble with incorrect maps displaying in room select?

It's a small thing, but for months now, regardless of what map is selected, it only ever displays Bulge I think. A little annoying.

Also, I was in a Dover Strait EC6 yesterday and noticed bots sitting on multiple runways and never taking off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

6 hours ago, bearchills said:

Does anyone else have trouble with incorrect maps displaying in room select?

It's a small thing, but for months now, regardless of what map is selected, it only ever displays Bulge I think. A little annoying.

Also, I was in a Dover Strait EC6 yesterday and noticed bots sitting on multiple runways and never taking off.

I've had the same problem with the map yep

Also, it's not the first time that I hear about the bots issue, new bug maybe?

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 20:57, TauKion said:

Anyhave trouble with damage airfield by bombing?

it's bugged half time, esp on smolensk

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/02/2021 at 17:08, Skain79 said:

Looks like currently in all EC maps we have aircraft spawning on the runway all in the same place (over the top of each other)

This has been quite annoying. 

Idk if it's a bug or not, but I'm still getting really bumpy runways on some maps. I hadn't noticed it for a while, so I thought it was addressed. But every game I've played recently has these bumpy runways

• Like 1
medal medal

• Developer
13 hours ago, C0lander said:

On EC Tunisia, it's still T34s that fight on the Allied side. Can we get that fixed?

i have made a task for myself to fix it. thanks

6 hours ago, bearchills said:

This has been quite annoying. 

Idk if it's a bug or not, but I'm still getting really bumpy runways on some maps. I hadn't noticed it for a while, so I thought it was addressed. But every game I've played recently has these bumpy runways

aye we know, but i need to check every field on every map INGAME not via editor to find a problem. i've fixes it for khalkhin gol but right now i have no time to check and fix it for other maps. but i'll try top solve it befor major

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

but i need to check every field on every map INGAME

Would it be useful for you if players could just post what map and what airfield (as specify location on a map) has an issue?

that potentially could save you some time?

14 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

aye we know

part Scottish? :D

medal medal

@lastGrayAngel not a bug and I am not 100% sure if it's mission design or not but do you think it would be possible to include Italy on axis side on Dover map?

Italy did historically take part in Battle of Britain by providing both fighters and bombers. They played minor role but nevertheless they have been present there and in game Italy have somehow limited map pool to choose from.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone!  No, really there is good news regarding EC fixes.  Amongst other things:

AI bombers spawn at different height depending on Rank.

Two opposite battles starting in same quadrant at same time fixed.

No defences on certain airfields fixed (though obviously won’t really affect EC6/7 where defences will still be inadequate).

The player rejoining VP bug is finally fixed.

All according to patch notes.  Still downloading, so not checked, but several significant fixes in there.

• Upvote 1
medal

I'm waiting for the 2 big fixesl

1) Airfield stop bugging out and taking zero damage. Some games as many as 4/6 airfields are immune to damage.

2) A.I stop crashing 24/7 than 'giving up' even spawning. 

1 hour ago, Daffan said:

2) A.I stop crashing 24/7 than 'giving up' even spawning. 

I'm pretty sure that's intentional after players all leave on one side so that the game ends without the other side getting to grind freely

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I'm pretty sure that's intentional after players all leave on one side so that the game ends without the other side getting to grind freely

Right now at this very second I'm in a match 1 v7 and all the A.I on my team are deed in 5 mins. That's cool. 

Several bugs with columns on Tunisia

1) (requires more observations) Columns do not seem to spawn for southern team, only for northern one.

2) Column may spawn out of map boundary (but may later come into the map)

1799503503_WarThunderScreenshot2021_03.1

3) (may be a feature) Columns seem to ignore frontline and just proceed as far as they can, up to enemy AFs

862985268_WarThunderScreenshot2021_03.10

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

• Developer
On 10/03/2021 at 15:54, Daffan said:

1) Airfield stop bugging out and taking zero damage. Some games as many as 4/6 airfields are immune to damage.

we localized the  problem (after we got detailed description about which exactly AF in wich mission are bugged - not every airfield have this bug, so detailed description was a key to solve it) so our programmers are solving it.

21 hours ago, NebeI said:

Several bugs with columns on Tunisia

Thanks for report. it was not Tunisia exclusive bug, and looks like problems with "undetectable convoys" for team A (yes, they were spawned exactly), empty objectives and crossing frontline problems were solved. It will be on live servers approximately with 2.5.0.20+ hotfix

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

we localized the  problem (after we got detailed description about which exactly AF in wich mission are bugged - not every airfield have this bug, so detailed description was a key to solve it) so our programmers are solving it.

Ahh I understand now, that must be why it is nearly always (Usually c3-c4, sometimes b3-b4) on Tunisia and many on Smolensk only.  Thank you

LGA, the ground battles and convoys are a mess (in EC4).

For some reason, the game registered most of my convoys "failed to protect" and losing tickets, while no one shot a single bullet on them. Not so on the other side and the enemy's convoys landed regularly??

As for the ground battles, in one, I've killed 5 pillboxes, no one else touched anything and the attack didn't go through.

Also, the game ruled for the attack to succeed in the battle where I killed all but a 2 tanks, plus the attack wave had their way with the defenses and left, maybe a 2-3 howitzers left.

So, the problem is, normally, these battles are won (a nobrainer) and yet, the game somehow managed to award them to the other side, along with the ticket bleed.

I've saved a replay if you want to take a closer look...this doesn't work.

Edited by C0lander
medal

5 hours ago, C0lander said:

So, the problem is, normally, these battles are won (a nobrainer) and yet, the game somehow managed to award them to the other side, along with the ticket bleed.

I've experienced this a lot in the past. I'd kill all, or nearly all the howitzers plus a few tanks or pillboxes, while everyone else ignores the battle; clear victory for us, but it gets awarded to the other side. 

medal medal

There's again the autojoin after match ends, i just wasted some boosters because after the end of the match I've been put into 2 almost over games. New patch, old bugs???

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal