Sign in to follow this  
FouManchou

Arcade AAA in SB

Is anyone else having the same tremendous issues with the new AAA positions Gaijin has added to most maps in 1.91 ?

This stupid AAA is about as potent as airfield AAA, except it can shoot you even when on the battlefield. Want to pursue a running enemy? Get shot by OP AAA. Want to intercept a newcommer? Get shot by OP AAA. Want to simply fly around the battlefield while looking for targets? Get shot by OP AAA.

This abismal decision was obviously made to catter to Arcade and Arcade+ helicopter players (who were complaining they were getting camped at their spawn by aircraft, imagine the pain ! A helicopter getting griefed by its natural counter !), and is now making it excessively (imo) painful to play aircraft. 
The fact that it was added even to already insanely small maps (American Desert, Poland) where airfield AAA already covered a good half of the map only adds insult to injury.

"Fun" side note : destroying that AAA doesn't even give any kind of rewards, meaning it is a direct loss of lions trying to take care of it.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I want to add, that for certain lineups, the helicopters can now sit in the cover of their AA and snipe the battlefield, while being out of range of cannon based SPAA.

Again a half backed (non-) solution.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Althix said:

Hmm... I would call it idiocity.

Yes, a non-problem in GF gets ‘solved’ while nothing changes in EC5/6 which are literally crying out for more effective AAA for airfield defence.

Found this new AAA last night on Town Map (Alaska). It’s not really AAA, it’s just a zone in which you take scripted damage until you leave the zone.

medal

11 hours ago, FouManchou said:

Is anyone else having the same tremendous issues with the new AAA positions Gaijin has added to most maps in 1.91 ?

This stupid AAA is about as potent as airfield AAA, except it can shoot you even when on the battlefield. Want to pursue a running enemy? Get shot by OP AAA. Want to intercept a newcommer? Get shot by OP AAA. Want to simply fly around the battlefield while looking for targets? Get shot by OP AAA.

This abismal decision was obviously made to catter to Arcade and Arcade+ helicopter players (who were complaining they were getting camped at their spawn by aircraft, imagine the pain ! A helicopter getting griefed by its natural counter !), and is now making it excessively (imo) painful to play aircraft. 
The fact that it was added even to already insanely small maps (American Desert, Poland) where airfield AAA already covered a good half of the map only adds insult to injury.

"Fun" side note : destroying that AAA doesn't even give any kind of rewards, meaning it is a direct loss of lions trying to take care of it.

I logged a bug report on 12 September under the maps section. No response from mods and bug report is still not visible to other forum users.

medal

2 hours ago, Kernow1346 said:

It’s not really AAA

There are actually AA gun-pits which you can destroy, but it's not like they are easy to find, and as I said, they don't give anything so you're simply spending your ammo for nothing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FouManchou said:

There are actually AA gun-pits which you can destroy, but it's not like they are easy to find, and as I said, they don't give anything so you're simply spending your ammo for nothing.

Yes 4 x AAA in a square formation. Very difficult to spot until they open fire. 

These atrocious carbuncles are ruining my dogfights with enemy planes. 

More wanton incompetence from the devs foisted on the Sim community.

• Upvote 2
medal

3 hours ago, FouManchou said:

I don’t doubt they’ve made it look graphically realistic, just as on airfields, but I highly doubt the individual guns, acquire, track, aim at and engage targets with the results of such attacks being calculated as if bullets were really flying through the air.  It’s the same old scripted AA where the timer starts once you enter the zone and after T seconds, ‘bang,’ every component has been hit, but nothing critically save possibly the oil (or coolant) system on every engine. Then hits start coming thick and fast, so even if you’re flying out of the zone and are at the edge of the engagement envelope, the flak just keeps getting more lethal.

medal

2 hours ago, Kernow1346 said:

I don’t doubt they’ve made it look graphically realistic, just as on airfields, but I highly doubt the individual guns, acquire, track, aim at and engage targets with the results of such attacks being calculated as if bullets were really flying through the air.  It’s the same old scripted AA where the timer starts once you enter the zone and after T seconds, ‘bang,’ every component has been hit, but nothing critically save possibly the oil (or coolant) system on every engine. Then hits start coming thick and fast, so even if you’re flying out of the zone and are at the edge of the engagement envelope, the flak just keeps getting more lethal.

Well the thing that prompted my rant was getting literally one-shot (instant-fire) just after flying over the enemy ground spawn on Wallonia ; 

1 hour ago, FouManchou said:

Well the thing that prompted my rant was getting literally one-shot (instant-fire) just after flying over the enemy ground spawn on Wallonia ; 

Oh! Well, that’s different to airfield flak then and is much more lethal. My experience last night was along exactly the lines of normal airfield flak, which never one-shots...

medal

6 hours ago, Drusas said:

Yes 4 x AAA in a square formation. Very difficult to spot until they open fire. 

If you recall we had similar bs on Rhein. Gaijin placed AAA units near ground forces combat zone and removed it later on.

If they did the same stupid shhh again... I... I just can't find a proper words to describe such fiasco.

I mean... do they even learn on their own mistakes?

medal medal medal

Guys on the .ru forum also report presence of bots in the game. Planes and ground AAA units which also move across the map.

Funny thing is, nobody asked the developer to implement such feature.

I'm affraid sooner or later the there will be a situation when only bots would play this game.

I'm pretty sure Gaijin fkd up and added EC features into gfsb by mistake, as usual.

The depth of incompetence of this developer never cease to amaze.

medal medal medal

Ohh. Haven't noticed yet as I don't play it often anymore (almost never), since Gaijin ruined the SB GF Mode for me long time ago, when they decided to introduce only selected vehicles for 24 hours and added aircrafts. (Which did not even had a positive effect on numbers of player. I think it is even worse and I often have to wait 5-10 minutes until I can join a battle, if ever.)

Sounds promising. Hope they ruin the fun for pilots even further...on all maps. I then would think about to play SB again, like in the good old times.

They runied it for us pure tank lover, now they ruin it for you pilots. That's just fair :P

Edited by Duke49th
  • Confused 1
medal

17 hours ago, Duke49th said:

Ohh. Haven't noticed yet as I don't play it often anymore (almost never), since Gaijin ruined the SB GF Mode for me long time ago, when they decided to introduce only selected vehicles for 24 hours and added aircrafts. (Which did not even had a positive effect on numbers of player. I think it is even worse and I often have to wait 5-10 minutes until I can join a battle, if ever.)

Sounds promising. Hope they ruin the fun for pilots even further...on all maps. I then would think about to play SB again, like in the good old times.

They runied it for us pure tank lover, now they ruin it for you pilots. That's just fair :P

SB is combined battle. Deal with it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

LOL. If that what you think a tank simulator should look like, AB would have been the right place for you anyway. 

Gaijin ruined SB GF by making tanks completely arcade. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 hours ago, LeMuchachoMasque said:

SB is combined battle. Deal with it.

SB wasn't combined before.

Gaijin runis your flight experience. Deal with it :)

22 hours ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

LOL. If that what you think a tank simulator should look like, AB would have been the right place for you anyway. 

Doesn't make sense. How so? Because I don't like planes, I sould play AB where even more planes spam?

• Sad 1
medal

18 minutes ago, Duke49th said:

Not true... I was part of the ground forces test and SB startet with aircraft in tank battles. 

While you don't get a tank experience at all... 

Doesn't make sense. How so? Because I don't like planes, I sould play AB where even more planes spam?

Because no part of tanking in SB is a simulation... 

It's not about how many planes, there are. but the mechanics of the tank controls. 

Then again if the controls were better than you still should have pla es in Sim. Because tanks irl don't have a "no planes" button. 

A tank only mode for ab and RB makes total sense and I would agree there... But sim shouldn't be a tank shooter.. It should be well... Sim. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Duke49th said:

It always  has been combined.

My flight experience goes pretty well thanks, even more with the removal of these arcadish AAA. However your tanker's one seems to be quite the opposite judging by the number of threads you're oppening/spamming to complain about how SB is not enough AB for you due to your lack of skill and your laziness (you have everything at your disposal to deal with planes even the arcadish SPAA but you are still complaining).

Edited by LeMuchachoMasque
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this