My Complete French Ground Force Tech Tree (Rank I-VII)

1790393820_frenchGFtech.thumb.png.ff990a

1.There is no relationship between the Rank and Battle Rating of th e vehicles.

2.* =Belgian Vehicles.

3. Top BR is 12.7 in order to solve BR compression problem.

59458711_frenchGFammo.thumb.png.229ae36d 91665196_frenchGFNV.thumb.png.8bcb059380
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures of some rare SPAA

297484332_AMX-13quatritube-.jpg.38aaa68f

AMX-13 (4 x 20mm) 

2013488997_GMC40mmboforindochina.JPG.e6a

(GMC 40mm Bofor Indochina War)

2006922202_20mmPM512-.jpg.a59e069af8212c

(GMC PM512)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to my other Tech Tree Projects

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Principles and assumptions I follow when I making tech trees.

The top BR is 12.3. The BR of Vehicles like Leopard 2A6 is increased to 12.3 to solve the problem of BR compression. 

I assume that the performance and stats of all vehicles in the game are as historically accurate as they can be. Proper BRs are given to vehicles after they are given the correct performance. Vehicles’ repair cost corresponds to their BR and balancing vehicles using repair cost is no longer a thing.

This is a dream of course.

High-quality tech trees should be able to show the development history of vehicles(tanks, aircraft, ships etc) of the respective countries and vehicles that the countries’ armed force used.

Furthermore, it should be competitive in all game modes and enjoyable to play with.

I add non-domestic build vehicles and important experimental vehicles even there is no “BR Gaps” in the tech trees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2019/9/24: FCM 2C and FCM 2C up-armored are added.

update 2019/9/30: GMC (40mm Bofor) Indochina War, GMC PM512, AMX-10RC TML105 are added.

Update 2019/10/11: LT vz.38, ST vz.39, T-23M, and T-72M2 SK are added.

Update 2019/10/12: The part of premium vehicles is added.

Update 2019/10/15: All Czechoslovia and Polish Vehicles are removed.

Update 2019/12/5: Auto-cannon armored car line is added. ATGM TD line is separated into wheeled ATGM TD line and tracked ATGM TD line.

Update 2020/2/24: Add links to my other Tech Tree Projects

Update 2020/04/24: Dutch vehicles are removed.

Update 2021/01/03: Major Overhaul to the tech tree. The light tank/light vehicle part is rearranged into the following 3 "line": Light Tank, Armored Car, Infantry Fighting Vehicle. A new Rank I-V medium tank line is added.

Edited by kentwong4a28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
medal

You forgot the FCM 2C trilogy.

FCM 2C:

Spoiler

fcm-2c-heavy-tank-crew.jpg.63e2d70f3aacd

Armament: 75mm Canon de 75 modele 1897 + 4 Machine guns.

Armor: Front/Turret- 45mm's. Sides/Rear- 22mm's.

Speed: 15km/h

Weight: 69 tons

Crew: 12

FCM 2C Bis

Spoiler

1015745008_CharFCM2Cbisbig.JPG.abd0f4028

3 Machine Guns removed, Turret replaced with a new Cube-shaped turret, Gun changed to a 155mm Howitzer.

FCM 2C Lorraine

Spoiler

7-97_lorraine_01.jpg.a746123ae4688af9557

Up-Armored with 45mm's + 45mm's = 90mm's on the front & 60mm's on the sides.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

On 23/09/2019 at 08:48, *cartman400 said:

You forgot the FCM 2C trilogy.

update 2019/9/24: FCM 2C and FCM 2C up-armored are added.

On 23/09/2019 at 00:51, DarthGergely said:

Romania had made a unique modification of a french vehicle , R35 Vanatorul (jager , hunter).

I added the up-gunned R35 to the my Italian tech tree.

medal

It is a .... mess :o.

the VAB 20 is a light AA vehicle (at least against helos) or a support vehicle for infantry. Better to put it in the AA column with :

AMX 13 30 mm without radar

AMX 13 30 mm Oeil Noir

AMX 30 30 mm Oeil Vert

Roland 1 (no targeting radar)

Roland 2 (with a TTR)

Roland 3.

For the SPG/ATGM :

VAB HOT (First version) with HOT 1 and HOT 2

VAB HOT (Last version) with HOT 2 and HOT 3

medal medal

On 24/09/2019 at 12:39, kentwong4a28 said:

I added the up-gunned R35 to the my Italian tech tree

Its beautiful but (always is a but) there are some problems with the Romanian TR series , those are modified soviet tanks what really dont fit in the nato italian TT . Thats one of the major problems of the mixing those nations . Of course...your TT is 10/10.

medal medal medal medal medal

On 25/09/2019 at 21:00, DarthGergely said:

Its beautiful but (always is a but) there are some problems with the Romanian TR series , those are modified soviet tanks what really dont fit in the nato italian TT . Thats one of the major problems of the mixing those nations .

Sorry for my late reply.

The Romanian army still use TR-77s and TR-85s today, so it is not that big of a problem. They are better than copy and paste vehicles like Leopard 1A2 and M60A1 RISE. Furthermore, the Italian GF TT needs more vehicles. I added the entire R3 and C-13 family, in which all of them are prototypes, to fill in the gaps. 

• Confused 2
medal

Some additions to note

Poland:

• Vickers Mk.E Type B
  • Renault R-35
  • wz.29
  • 4TP
  • 9TP
  • 14TP
  • TKD (47mm)
  • 75mm Działo Samobieżne PF621L

Czechoslovakia:

• Skoda S-I-D
  • MUV-4 with 4 cm Z1 gun

Netherlands:

• Vickers Command tank
  • Braat Overvalwagen AA/Marine
  • Panterswagen M36/M38
  • Marmon Herrington CTMS-1TB1
  • Marmon Herrington MTLS-1G14
  • YAF YP-408 & variants

Belgium:

• T-13 B1/B2
  • T-15
  • Vickers AT 47
  • FN Tricars AA
  • FN 4RM
  • CATI 90
  • Cobra 25/90
  • SIMBAS
  • M113B FSV
  • AMX-13 Cockerill
  • M41A1U
  • AIFV & variants
Edited by Private_Wolk
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

A part from thinking that this is just no sense since neither Polish nor Czechoslovakian vehicles fought under the French banner but just as allies, and this wouldn't justify their addition all togheter because you would have to rename the entire tree and not call it France any more, you're missing the Renault UE 37mm and 25mm

• Confused 1

On 13/10/2019 at 04:52, Private_Wolk said:

Some additions to note

On 13/10/2019 at 21:21, MadMax_ITA_ said:

A part from thinking that this is just no sense since neither Polish nor Czechoslovakian vehicles fought under the French banner but just as allies, and this wouldn't justify their addition all togheter because you would have to rename the entire tree and not call it France any more, you're missing the Renault UE 37mm and 25mm

All Czechoslovia and Polish Vehicles are removed.

medal

47 minutes ago, kentwong4a28 said:

All Czechoslovia and Polish Vehicles are removed.

Yep but still Belgian troops operated Belgian tanks same for Netherland. France did not use them, if they have to be added as premiums that's fine but if not the entire tree must change to something like "THE MAGINOT ALLIANCE" because it won't be anymore a French tree

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

Yep but still Belgian troops operated Belgian tanks same for Netherland. France did not use them, if they have to be added as premiums that's fine but if not the entire tree must change to something like "THE MAGINOT ALLIANCE" because it won't be anymore a French tree

Rename it the Western Allies Tree. Also France trained and supplied most of the arms used by Belgian and Polish forces. There are even ships built by the French for the Polish Navy. Without them France is handicapped by a lack of capable low tier tanks and the current situation is unacceptable. Poland needs to be re-added to the proposed tree, we don't have a choice.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Private_Wolk said:

Rename it the Western Allies Tree. Also France trained and supplied most of the arms used by Belgian and Polish forces. There are even ships built by the French for the Polish Navy. Without them France is handicapped by a lack of capable low tier tanks and the current situation is unacceptable. Poland needs to be re-added to the proposed tree, we don't have a choice.

In reality if Gaijin added prototypes and other stuff like that, Vichy France and also at least 10 other vehicles missing from the French tier 1 and 2 this situation would be far better.....there's no need to resort to such orrendo horrendous mix mash of nations when there're are national options. Just go and find data/make the devs know French designs

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

In reality if Gaijin added prototypes and other stuff like that, Vichy France and also at least 10 other vehicles missing from the French tier 1 and 2 this situation would be far better.....there's no need to resort to such orrendo horrendous mix mash of nations when there're are national options. Just go and find data/make the devs know French designs

That may be so but Gaijin only adds vehicles that they believe they can make a profit from otherwise we would've already seen vehicles like the Char G1, the Char 2C and other notable French tanks in the game already. I'd rather go for the 7TP if possible, a Polish tank everyone knows about than be stuck with a waiting period for a tank that may never come. How many suggestions do I have to make to get Gaijin's attention? It's pointless Max and I'm tired like many members of the French community dealing with the status quo.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

there's no need to resort to such orrendo horrendous mix mash of nations when there're are national options

It is necessary to include some minor nations into major nations or combine several minor nations into a mixed fractions, because they do not have a airforce/army/navy. For example, Czechoslovakia and Hungarian cannot be independent fractions because they are landlocked countries and do not have a navy. 

People said Netherlands can be a independent fraction because of China. Gaijin introduce a terrible Chinese Tech Tree because they want to grab easy money from Chinese players (There are tons of Chinese players in WT). However, China can have a much better GF and helicopter tech trees than Netherlands. Its naval tech tree is as good as Netherlands too.

Here is the PRC tank family tree made by a Chinese. 

1213754217_chinesetankdevelopment.thumb.

Unless Dutch players can throw tons of money to Gaijin, they are not going to introduce a Dutch Tech Tree.

medal

1 hour ago, kentwong4a28 said:

It is necessary to include some minor nations into major nations or combine several minor nations into a mixed fractions, because they do not have a airforce/army/navy. For example, Czechoslovakia and Hungarian cannot be independent fractions because they are landlocked countries and do not have a navy. 

People said Netherlands can be a independent fraction because of China. Gaijin introduce a terrible Chinese Tech Tree because they want to grab easy money from Chinese players (There are tons of Chinese players in WT). However, China can have a much better GF and helicopter tech trees than Netherlands. Its naval tech tree is as good as Netherlands too.

Here is the PRC tank family tree made by a Chinese. 

1213754217_chinesetankdevelopment.thumb.

Unless Dutch players can throw tons of money to Gaijin, they are not going to introduce a Dutch Tech Tree.

Paradoxically Hungary could even have a nice navy tree:D

I'm working on the air tree and the ground tree for them and the devs seem to like the idea. If we are talking about market here Gaijin would profit way more from making 6/7 small nation indipendent trees and having premiums for those nation instead of making just 1/2 trees with a couple of premiums and way more regulars like your project. This is what Netherland and Hungary community are basing their ideas

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, kentwong4a28 said:

Hungary is a landlocked country. It does not have a navy.

It has the danubian flottilia which would compose the first ships, smaller ones and it was part of Austria Hungary double kingdom during which Hungary was responsible for 35,6% of the navy production and also gathering manpower for the navy. We've done research, it is paradoxically plausible and Gaijin may say yes:D

1 hour ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

It has the danubian flottilia which would compose the first ships, smaller ones and it was part of Austria Hungary double kingdom during which Hungary was responsible for 35,6% of the navy production and also gathering manpower for the navy. We've done research, it is paradoxically plausible and Gaijin may say yes:D

So you guys want to bring back the dead Austro-Hungarian Empire, great, fantastic. May be you guys could stuff Czechoslovakia into it too. 

• Confused 1
medal

5 hours ago, kentwong4a28 said:

So you guys want to bring back the dead Austro-Hungarian Empire, great, fantastic. May be you guys could stuff Czechoslovakia into it too. 

In theory yes, there could be a czechoslovakian tank proposed for the tree so they could came to Hungary but we are un sure, we would like a czechoslovakian indipendent tree and an indipendent Hungarian tree. To be fair we would just stop at air and tree but if they accept navy better. For France on the other hand there weren't proposed tanks and better modifications of the models in the 1940? They could also fix the problem in the tree, France even has some protos already 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MadMax_ITA_ said:

In theory yes, there could be a czechoslovakian tank proposed for the tree so they could came to Hungary but we are un sure, we would like a czechoslovakian indipendent tree and an indipendent Hungarian tree. To be fair we would just stop at air and tree but if they accept navy better. For France on the other hand there weren't proposed tanks and better modifications of the models in the 1940? They could also fix the problem in the tree, France even has some protos already 

I suggest you guys consider the naval force part. If a proposed fraction cannot have an adequate naval tech tree, people are going to say "Hey, this fraction does not have ships. It does not work". Many independent nation tech tree ideas are nailed by the requirement of a navy. Since Hungary could not offer unique vehicles after WW2, Czechoslovakia should be added. At last, I have to point out that the idea of "resurrecting the Austro-Hungarian Empire" is mind-blown.

Speaking of France, the problem can be easily fixed by adding the D2 and S40 medium tank. The real problem is that certain vehicles at this BR range are too good like Panzer II C/F.

medal