Server Update (20.09.2019)

968%20Mi-24_305e8a7b1889dd4460388946574e

Mission changes

• According to numerous requests from our forum, helicopter  [Enduring Confrontation] battles have been reworked. It is smaller now. If earlier the battlefield was 7x7 cells on the map, now it has been reduced to 5x5 cells. Based on the testing results of the modified mission we will decide whether to rework the remaining helicopter [Enduring COnfrontation] missions in as smaller way or return the old size to the “Afghanistan” mission

Flight model changes

• Cr-32 (all modifications) - A bug resulting to the incorrect alignment of the aircraft which leads to the incorrect pitch control (when using control type “full”) has been fixed. The rudder operation at low speeds has been clarified (improved), damping at the course has been increased. Contact with the ground point of the fuselage has been recalculated. By prolonged braking there is now the possibility of nosing over. Critical angles and lifting force reducing throughout the entire speed range according to wing blowing has been implemented. The dependence of the engine cooling on speed has been configured. The radiator flaps on the automatic control mode supports now the temperatures on the normal operating mode better. Engine altitude and max aircraft altitude have been refined (reduced). Inertia of the propeller group has been specified. Carburetor behavior on the flight mode with low or negative overload has been improved. The amount of fuel in the second (in-wing mounted) fuel tank has been reduced.
  • MiG-19 (all modifications) - A bug in the operation of the brake parachute leading to its insufficient efficiency on the run has been fixed.
  • The range of speeds on which the visual Prandtl–Glauert effect appears has been reduced. Now the effect occurs in the range between 0.99-1.01 M.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stona said:
  • MiG-19 (all modifications) - A bug in the operation of the brake parachute leading to its insufficient efficiency on the run has been fixed.

Thanks, that's been bugging me for a while.

3 hours ago, Stona said:

The range of speeds on which the visual Prandtl–Glauert effect appears has been reduced. Now the effect occurs in the range between 0.99-1.01 M.

This is great help for transonic/supersonic planes, but can't there be an option to turn it off entirely? From within the cockpit it doesn't matter much, but from the Third Person Camera view in Air RB it obstructs view to the point you can't make accurate shots.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Considering that previous helicopter EC boundries were the same size as SB EC boundries, is there any possibility of adding helicopters to SB EC? Currently almost nobody attacks ground targets in SB EC so having helicopters around would help.

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, joten70 said:

Was the map size really the only issue you could find with helicopter EC?

Its the first step based on feedback. We didnt say it would be the last, but even changes like this can have a big impact on the mode in many ways. So we want to monitor this change first before moving forward more. 

49 minutes ago, ZdrytchX said:

Considering that previous helicopter EC boundries were the same size as SB EC boundries, is there any possibility of adding helicopters to SB EC? Currently almost nobody attacks ground targets in SB EC so having helicopters around would help.

Right at this exact moment, we are focused on the current Helicopter Battles EC mode. Implementing them into other modes is always a possibility. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Right at this exact moment, we are focused on the current Helicopter Battles EC mode. Implementing them into other modes is always a possibility.

please allow them in high tier SB EC. it would give players a different mode apart from AB or tank battles to fly and grind their helicopters.

AI can already spawn in helis, so why should players not be able to do so?

they would be in a good place in that mode and can avoid jets by flying low. they would be ideal to help with the frontline battles and hunting convoys.

and yes, im serious with helis avoiding jets in SB EC rather easy by flying low, I do so all the time with my AD-4 and the Po-2.

If later helis would be to strong, you could allow just early helicopters into T6 EC that dont have air to air missiles.

4 hours ago, Stona said:

The range of speeds on which the visual Prandtl–Glauert effect appears has been reduced. Now the effect occurs in the range between 0.99-1.01 M.

I tested it now quite a bit and I have to say: ITS SO MUCH BETTER!

thanks alot

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Helicopter EC still sucks. I just spawned and got killed by a spawn camper. Making it smaller doesn't make it better. Why not bring back the original helicopter battles with more maps? Those were fun, this is not.... 

I tried again and no. This is not fun at all. It seems it's only for grinding and that's not good enough for a game mode. It should be fun and engaging. This is spawn and die, or fly for 2 minutes just to catch a missile from a heli you can't see. Not to mention it is Arcade mode only. That really sucks. I liked the original Helicopter Battles. This EC thing here is not an improvement. 

Edited by chevyed20
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This may be in the wrong board - if so, could the mods please let me know where I should post this?  Thanks :smile:

I'm back after a two month break from the game.   Playing at BR 1.3 to get used to the game again and in realistic battles there is at least one major addition I don't understand and at least one new map (the cargo port - really enjoying it).  Can someone tell me what update it is that introduces the round red button that appears sometimes?  I can then go read about it.  Thanks in advance.

On 20/09/2019 at 19:25, Smin1080p said:

Its the first step based on feedback. We didnt say it would be the last, but even changes like this can have a big impact on the mode in many ways. So we want to monitor this change first before moving forward more. 

• Server stability is a massive issue, you experience server lags and invisible missiles quiet frequently, hit registration is also a big issue that I guess is caused by that, about a third of the ATGM you shoot fly straight through helicopters
  • capture take in a too important factor in the outcome of a match especially because:
    • they aren’t placed fair on the map, it happens very frequently that they are placed far inside in the territory of a team with airfield being close to or even in them
    • they don’t appear equally between the teams, it can happen that capture zone appear several times on one teams territory thus effectively deciding the outcome
  • BR compression has to be resolved, it is factually impossible for a Korean War utility helicopter like the H-34 or a Mi-4AV to kill a 21. Century attack helicopter. I am not speaking of the helicopter BRs them self, that’s a different topic, I mean that currently every helicopter in the game has to face every helicopter. BRs have a purpose.
  • The reward is too small. For an hour of playing and 10 - 20 kills you get about 10,000 RP. That’s just not worth it. Currently it is way faster and hundred times more enjoyable to grind Heli’s in Ground RB. You can deploy them more effectively, it is way more balanced and less time consuming. With this Helicopter EC in its current state is just redundant. Would be way more enjoyable if we had the original Helicopter game mode instead.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is a good one, a general good improvement in terms of travel to 

I  would also recommend. Maybe doing two types of this Helicopter Enduring Confrontation matches.

For lower BR (8.0-8-7) aircraft that we have to grind with, they do not have means for countermeasure and they are a real pain/unpleasant when facing those BR 10.00 attack helicopters, let's name the newly added Tiger. I talk about my recent experience with the British Helos (SCOUT) that i just got pwned more than 25 times without killing any enemy or ground targets. Because it was an AAGM galore of a camping enemy team with higher BR ( Not so far from base and this occured in several matches). And i only have 2 light MG fire and 4 ATM that clearly is not for shooting aircrafts. So maybe let those more nimble and less advance helos fight themselves and in this new smaller map size as well.

Higher BR (8.7-10.0) let all that high tech, high speed, modern Helos to fight themselves with the flares, AAGM and the fast firing-piercing MG rounds too. With the map size we already had. 

All this will definitely ease the pacing of the combat for high and low tier helicopters and make it maybe more attractive when u want to research some vehicles or just more pleasantly play EC knowing that they won't spawncamp u from 4 km of altitude using a AA missile that you will sway and pray to evade. More when Attack Helicopters like Tiger are been brought to war thunder (I'm ok with it).

medal medal