No NVD?! Premium Shot Kal & centurion mk.5 AVRE

The shot kal & centurion  mk5avre don't get night vision?..but all the premium tanks for other countires ranked 8.7 (which all 8.7 premiums get NVD) & some lower do?  I find this a bit off why the British shot kal at the least doesn't  get it when the centurion  mk10 has it? 

medal medal

The Centurion mk 5 AVRE did not receive Night vision. The Uk rolled out Night vision for the most part in 1965. This is where you began to see the /1 designation on tanks So centurion Mk 5 with IR upgrade became Mk 5/1 (etc etc), then in 1966 they got  the uparmor kit with the turret bustle .and the Ranging gun added. (technically still 5/1 but production numbers changed to 5/2 at this time etc etc per model) The AVRE did not receive these upgrades as its a non direct combat model.
The Shot Kal (Shot series as a whole) did not get IR from the UK in fact heading into the 1967 and early war in 71. they were severely gimped by not having it.  On the battlefield crews ended up stealing Luna IR searchlights and PVN (IR night goggles) tanker goggles from the Arab forces tanks after they knocked them out and fitted them to the tops of their tanks (see pic of a Shot'Kal with a Stolen T55 Searchlight for example.  It was not until the merkava came around that the IDF developed reliable native systems (the ones they did have were us made and while  some fit on the megach they did not fit Shot kal) in the 1980's most were only applied to the Dalet as a retrofit for the FCS for as a natural side effect of utilizing more modern ammunition types  and equipment. However they were applied as the tank was being phased out and not standardized as part of production. 
I would say though that devs are not finished adding everything though (even just today some tanks received some gear) so I would wait to see if this one receives something or not.

image.png

• Like 2