241404959_UKGFtechtree.thumb.png.74b6169

1.There is no relationship between the Rank and Battle Rating of the vehicles.

2. " = Australia, Canadian, New Zealand, or South African vehicles

NGACP Concept is South African New Generation Armored Car Project

1863093322_upgradeavailable.png.f4cccec8

183133182_ammoavailable.png.9716f88788031589336958_Nightvisionsystem.png.11c44f9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Principles and assumptions I follow when I making tech trees.

I assume that the performance and stats of all vehicles in the game are as historically accurate as they can be. Proper BR is given to vehicles after they are given the correct performance. This is a dream of course.

High-quality tech trees should be able to show the development history of vehicles(tanks, aircraft, ships etc) of the respective countries and vehicles that the countries’ armed force used.

Furthermore, it should be competitive in all game modes and enjoyable to play with.

I add non-domestic build vehicles and important experimental vehicles even there is no “BR Gaps” in the tech trees.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update 2019/9/2:

Ferret Mk.2/6, Stormer 30 and MBT-80 are removed.

Swingfire SWIG, Striker SWIG, Warrior (30mm Bushmaster), Warrior Reconnaissance are added.

L23 ammo is removed.

Update 2019/9/3

FV301 is removed.

Add information about the night vision system of cold war vehicles.

Update 2019/9/8: Light Tank Mk.VIII and Medium Mk.III are added.

Update 2019/9/13: Abbot, AS-90, and G6 SPG are added.

Update 2019/9/19: Add description to upgrades and modernisation available.

Update 2019/9/21: Vickers Mk.E Type B, Medium Mk.II**, Medium Mk.II CS, Matilda Mk.IV are added. A7E3, Covenanter Mk.I are removed. 

Update 2019/9/27: TOG II (3 inch 20cwt) and TOG II (17 pdr) are added.

Update 2019/10/11: Guy Mk.IA is added. Grizzly 17pdr is removed.

Update 2019/11/17: Challenger 2 TES and Challenger 2E are added. Premium Vehicle section is added.

Edited by kentwong4a28
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal

Minor countries, like Poland, Romania, and Hungary, produced and used many interesting and unique vehicles.

Vehicles of these countries should be added into the existing 8 fractions: USA, USSR, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, China. Here’s the detail.

France: Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Czech.

Italy: Hungarian and Romania.

Britain: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa.

Dont know about Czechslovakia+Czech but Hungary produced more original tech than China.

Kinda dont get whats attractive about locking 21-22 ground vehicles behind a pay wall,when a nation with about 5-6~ original tanks and 1 "original" plane gets to be standalone/major nation. Thats just feels like a gigantic middle finger. And something that will ensure that i wont spend a damn penny on any premium Hungarian tech that gets introduced even tho i would love to have them...but fortunatelly having any Hungarian stuff in game is a thing of the distant future, cause no sufficient data for modelling,and no ongoing data gathering..never thought i would be glad for that...

Edited by Jacky95
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just some stuff you might want to consider adding.

For top there LT's and AC's:

Warrior LMT 105warrior.jpg.5170f2172a9578ae46db60c79915

Vickers Mk11 Viper

1593837112_vickers_mk11(1).jpg.19c1c8480

GKN Simba 

286736033_alvis-simba-10(1).jpg.d16745c8

For top tier SPAA

Rooikat SPAAM

photostudio_1567356435237.png.e45f274718

Rooikat ZA-35

1082930505_26694566_10210920672393592_82

Edited by TerikG2014
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

A few questions for you.

First, which of the UC 2 pdr. designs are you referencing as the start of the second line?

Second, how do you propose the A9 and A10 CS tanks to be useful? They did not have any AT rounds that I know of and their HE round was not very large as far as I know.

Third, what is the NGACP referenced after the Ratel 20? Are you referring to the Next Generation Armoured Car Project? If so you need to put an asterisk there.

Also, as the MBT-80 was a rather unfinished project by the time it ended. What sort of solid statistics would we have to work with to actually implement it?

If we are bringing export tanks into this, then giving the late export tanks access to L64 APFSDS would also be nice

Spoiler

B4p7pFjtBfs.jpg

4 hours ago, TerikG2014 said:

Just some stuff you might want to consider adding.

For top there LT's and AC's The Warrior LMT 105 and Vickers Mk 11 and the Alvis/GKN Simba in all it's weird varaints

For top tier SPAA

Rooikat SPAAM

Rooikat ZA-35

Putting in some spoilers would be useful. At the moment it looks rather messy.

medal medal medal medal

Nice! Check out mine covering Rank 5-7(i did charts like this one for every nation)

MBT MBT LT IFV TD SPAA PREMIUM
  7.7     CVRT Scorpion   Humber Hornet    
Rank VI 8.3 Chieftain MK 3 Vickers Mk.3 CVRT Scimitar Warrior FV438 Swingfire 
Chieftain Marksman

8.7 Chieftain MK 5
Vickers Mk.3(M) (ERA)

FV102 Striker 

Vickers Mk 2 (+4 x Swingfire)
  9.0 Chieftain Mk 10   Stormer 30        
  9.3 Chieftain 900         Warrior VERDI 2 Leopard C2
  9.7 Challenger 1 Mk 2 (NO APDS)
Vickers Mk4 Valiant
  Desert Warrior      
Rank VII 10
Challenger 1 Mk 3 (L26)
  VFM 5 light tank  
FV120 Spartan MCT 
  Warrior LMT 105
  10.3 Challenger 2 (L26)
Vickers Mk 7 (L26)
      Stormer HVM  
  10.7 Challenger 2 (TES Megatron L27A1) Challenger 2E        
Leopard 2A4M CAN
  11.0 Challenger 2 "Mk2"
Challenger 2 Black Night
  Ajax    
Al-Hussein ´Falcon´
Rank VIII 11.3        
M113 ´EXACTOR´

• Confused 1
medal medal

I notice you still have L23 separate from L23A1. This isn't quite accurate, there is no such thing as these two separate rounds. Just L23A1, as I believe from what others have located. Anyone that has L23 should just have L23A1.

Also, the Challenger 2 never used it. It started with L26 then went right to L27

Faintly sure the Vickers 7/2 should also be using L26 as well, since it was developed as a Challenger replacement..

Just some feedback, but in general very well done on sorting much of this out. Especially the Cromwell upgrade notes.

Quick query, why is the Stormer 30 so high? All it has is a 30mm cannon, doesn't it?

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
medal

3 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Stormer 30 so high? All it has is a 30mm cannon, doesn't it?

30mm Cannon and TOW's it's pretty much a British Bradley (well the desert warrior could also fill that catagory)

1 hour ago, TerikG2014 said:

30mm Cannon and TOW's it's pretty much a British Bradley (well the desert warrior could also fill that catagory)

Ah yes, I see the images of it now. TOWs indeed.

medal

update 2019/9/2:

Ferret Mk.2/6, Stormer 30 and MBT-80 are removed.

Swingfire SWIG, Striker SWIG, Warrior (30mm Bushmaster), Warrior Reconnaissance are added.

L23 ammo is removed.

Edited by kentwong4a28
medal

46 minutes ago, kentwong4a28 said:

Warrior (30mm Bushmaster),

Which one because there are several warrior variants with bush Masters there are also better choices to cap the British LT line off with than just 30 mm warriors or stormers

Edited by TerikG2014

15 minutes ago, TerikG2014 said:

Which one because there are several warrior variants with bush Masters there are also better choices to cap the British LT line off with than just 30 mm warriors or stormers

I am pretty certain the Wariors with Bushmasters had no ATGMs (which is likely what I was thinking of with the above Stormer 30 thing). I've seen images of the "Warrior 2000" that had it, and it certainly has no ATGMs on it. I'd use the VFM Mk5 and the Warrior LMT105 to top it.

Also I spot FV301 in there. That thing never existed. It was just a wooden mockup, you can even see the castor wheels on the only images of it.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
medal

57 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

I am pretty certain the Wariors with Bushmasters had no ATGMs

well there was one which was the desert warrior kinda  warriror with tow launchers similar to the stormer 30 only used by Kuwait 

Bradley_Koweit_army_Army_Recognition_Forum_001.jpg

Kuwait_Warrior (b).jpg

facility_2264 (1).jpg

Edited by TerikG2014

1 hour ago, TerikG2014 said:

well there was one which was the desert warrior kinda  warriror with tow launchers similar to the stormer 30 only used by Kuwait

That's a 25mm cannon on them though, I believe, not a 30mm.

Granted yes, the Desert Warrior would be a good addition.

medal

54 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

That's a 25mm cannon on them though, I believe, not a 30mm.

Granted yes, the Desert Warrior would be a good addition.

It's things like this that make me think things like the Warrior LMT 105 would be a better choice yes it's a one.off but the gun and turret were used on variants of the ASCOD 105 so its not like it's in proven it would also provide a competitor to the TAM

11 hours ago, TerikG2014 said:

1577530575_Warrior30mmBushmaster.jpg.370

This one. Developed by GKN. However, I do not know if this is a mock up or a functional vehicle.

Reference: https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/british-army-medium-weight-capability/the-nineties/

medal

2 hours ago, kentwong4a28 said:

This one. Developed by GKN. However, I do not know if this is a mock up or a functional vehicle.

Reference: https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/british-army-medium-weight-capability/the-nineties/

Looks like a functional vehicle but it really lacks anything that truly makes it top tier it's got a 30mm and nothing else that's really not enough at top tier

1 hour ago, kentwong4a28 said:

Update 2019/9/3

FV301 is removed.

Add information about the night vision system of cold war vehicles.

Great idea with the table to show the NV equipment! Couple of small edits for it.

The "normal" Warrior has thermal as well, the BGTI upgrade gave it that.

Challenger 1 Mk1 has TOGS. There were a couple variants of the Mk1 depending on production time that did or didn't have the area added. Granted there is some contention on this still. Can anyone please chime in for if I'm right or not here?

medal

How useful do you guys think the Humber Hornet would be with only 2 available missiles at start? At least the Ferrets have a couple of spare missiles handy.

medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

How useful do you guys think the Humber Hornet would be with only 2 available missiles at start? At least the Ferrets have a couple of spare missiles handy.

Meme machine, I imagine. But yes, it is a problem.

medal

1 hour ago, Mercedes4321 said:

I remember that the Humber Hornet has 2 spare missiles....But yeah, vehicles like these have the problem of carrying very small amount of ammo. 

medal

2 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Challenger 1 Mk1 has TOGS. There were a couple variants of the Mk1 depending on production time that did or didn't have the area added.

I use the following book for reference:

Dunstan, S. (1998). Challenger Main Battle Tank 1982-97. Oxford: Osprey.

The book said that after TOGS is installed on a Mk.1, it became a Mk.2.

medal

1 hour ago, kentwong4a28 said:

I use the following book for reference:

Dunstan, S. (1998). Challenger Main Battle Tank 1982-97. Oxford: Osprey.

The book said that after TOGS is installed on a Mk.1, it became a Mk.2.

May wanna check with the guys in the CR1 topic. There was definitely some chatter about this. Could end up with two versions of the Mk1 in.

medal