It's time to add EC-7 setup to Air SB!

Do we need EC7 in SB?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need EC7 in SB?

3 hours ago, nazradu2 said:

EC 7: 9.7 and beyond

Not all nations have those.

And we have a lot of good 9.0 planes, but poor 8.0 start for some nations (Japan, Germany).

Also a lot of 9.0 premiums was added, could be good to let people fly them.

So, I'd prefer 9.0 for ec7 start.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal

1 hour ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

And we have a lot of good 9.0 planes, but poor 8.0 start for some nations (Japan, Germany).

I know what you mean, but I don't think they stand a chance against top jets. You will have the same power gap as with 8.0 vs 9.7 or 10.0

I think the mach x should be on their own. 

I might be wrong but there is no nation without 9.7 or 10 and you can bring 9.0s if you like. 

Edited by nazradu2
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

yesterday i had a ride on the new supersonic jets. Man, trust me, a 9.0 stands no chance against one of those

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It should be added preemptively this time but unfortunately i'm sure we'll have to wait a bit again. Current supersonics can compete against the Mig-21 although on a relatively uneven playing field. Virtually all subsonics CANNOT compete against the Mig-21. The Venom for example is still 9.0. Can you imagine having to fight a F-4 or a Mig-21 in a glorified souped up Vampire? Sounds worse than the Vampire vs Sabre/Mig-15 days.

The Javelin is also 9.0 for some reason but i honestly think it'd stand a chance against some 11.0s if it got a proper flight model and was bumped above 9.0. It should have a higher t/w ratio than the Mig-21 and slightly better turn performance, the only thing the Mig can do is run or go vertical at high speed and hope the Javelin doesn't get a lock. If 9.0s get locked out of facing 10.0s the Javelin will suddenly be top dog in it's br which doesn't sound fun since its still very capable despite lacking proper performance. Funnily i think the F-100 will suffer most against the Mig-21 since it has such a poor thrust/weight ratio. Definitely one of the weaker supersonics we'll ever see in game.

Anyway this is more a problem of planes being at the wrong br than 9.0 being too low a cutoff

• Like 1
medal

This was already discussed, before, and it is more obvious that ever we need another EC rank.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pony51 said:

EC 1: 1.0 - 2.0 (4 Levels)

EC 2: 2.3 - 3.3 (4 Levels)

EC 3: 3.7 - 4.7 (4 Levels)

EC 4: 5.0 - 6.0 (4 Levels)

EC 5: 6.3 - 7.3 (4 Levels)

EC 6: 7.7 - 8.7 (4 Levels)

EC 7: 9.0 - 10.0 (4 Levels)

This one is actually good, easily can see those setups working.

• Upvote 1
medal

2 minutes ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

Only if you have 9.7+ planes.

Is there a point in going EC7 if not? All one can find there with 9.0 is suffer and repair cost. I don't think it will be like taking P-47 into EC4. 

Just now, HOPPING_PONY said:

EC 1: 1.0 - 2.0 (4 Levels)

EC 2: 2.3 - 3.3 (4 Levels)

EC 3: 3.7 - 4.7 (4 Levels)

EC 4: 5.0 - 6.0 (4 Levels)

EC 5: 6.3 - 7.3 (4 Levels)

EC 6: 7.7 - 8.7 (4 Levels)

EC 7: 9.0 - 10.0 (4 Levels)

This one is actually good, easily can see those setups working.

Beside the fact that Mig21 and Phantom should be 10.7

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, nazradu2 said:

Is there a point in going EC7 if not? All one can find there with 9.0 is suffer and repair cost. I don't think it will be like taking P-47 into EC4. 

9.0's are competitive to all planes, excluding supersonic, what I can't say about 8.0 vs 9.0 matchup.

Potentially, supersonic fighters need separate setup, but for now they are few and not all nations have them.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
medal

5 hours ago, LostF0X said:

yesterday i had a ride on the new supersonic jets. Man, trust me, a 9.0 stands no chance against one of those

Actually I heard that subsonic jets actually had an advantage against them during boom and zoom manoeuvres which levels the playing field. I can't wait for the Reaper Meteors (8.0BR) to start shredding Phantoms and MiG-21's!

(Sorry couldn't resist.)

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

The F-4 should be 12.0 when we get more jets, it's really in a class of its own even compared to the Mig-21 which should be like 11.3-11.7. The T-2 should be moved up to 10.7-11.0 and eventually we should get things like the F-101, F-102, F-8, and F-104 that will fill out the 10.0-11.0 spot.

I really hope the F-4 isnt 10.0 on release but it probably will be given the past. I can already hear the screeching from rb players.

• Like 2
medal

9 hours ago, Tamamonomae said:

The F-4 should be 12.0 when we get more jets, it's really in a class of its own even compared to the Mig-21 which should be like 11.3-11.7. The T-2 should be moved up to 10.7-11.0 and eventually we should get things like the F-101, F-102, F-8, and F-104 that will fill out the 10.0-11.0 spot.

I really hope the F-4 isnt 10.0 on release but it probably will be given the past. I can already hear the screeching from rb players.

In Sim it may not matter much now.

But in future it will need to be upped.

• Like 1

Well i don't know about the phantom, but mig21 can reach high speed at high altitude. At 1000 mts it destroys itself in level flight at 1300 km/h 

the phantom on the other hand has an incredible acceleration. These new planes will destroy EC6 completely if flown in the correct way. 

And I was thinking about the massive bomb load the f4 can carry. a new joy for spacebar farmers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, LostF0X said:

Well i don't know about the phantom, but mig21 can reach high speed at high altitude. At 1000 mts it destroys itself in level flight at 1300 km/h 

the phantom on the other hand has an incredible acceleration. These new planes will destroy EC6 completely if flown in the correct way. 

And I was thinking about the massive bomb load the f4 can carry. a new joy for spacebar farmers

F4 breaks at 1458 kmh ias. 

medal medal medal

Please, do an historical confrontation western/eastern blocks, this is a simulator not an arcade.

USA vs japan

USA+UK vs GER+ITA

USA + UK vs RUS - OK

RUS vs japan - OK

FRA+ITA+GER vs RUS - OK

add China should be very good

• Upvote 3