Sarcastic_Bullet

Ammo loadout in the Chieftain Marksman

Can anyone please enlighten me on how the ammo loadout on the Marksman works?

You get 2 ammo selections, that can be configured as 4+0 / 2+2 / 0+4 in the battle menu, but in the battle you always have 460 / 40 rounds, regardless of the permutation you use in the battle menu.

What gives?

shot 2019.08.31 20.35.30.jpg

shot 2019.08.31 20.35.46.jpg

medal

Because Gaijin doesn't want you to be able to have all APDS ammo so you can kill tanks. (Unlike the S26 that can kill an mbt from the front) So your'e always limited to only having 30 rounds of it.

• Haha 1
medal

1 hour ago, _Fear_Naught_ said:

Because Gaijin doesn't want you to be able to have all APDS ammo so you can kill tanks. (Unlike the S26 that can kill an mbt from the front) So your'e always limited to only having 30 rounds of it.

It's an actual feature of the vehicle, not just Gaijin. Look at the x-ray and you can see that there are a small set of belts attached to the guns. They are meant to be a backup that can be quickly switched to in an emergency.

medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, Trickstick said:

It's an actual feature of the vehicle, not just Gaijin. Look at the x-ray and you can see that there are a small set of belts attached to the guns. They are meant to be a backup that can be quickly switched to in an emergency.

Yes I'm aware but whats your point? That does not stop APDS ammo being loaded into either side... so in reality you could load nothing but APDS ammo or a large amount of APDS ammo and a small amount of a different belt. Regardless the small belt (emergency belt is more than 20 rounds per gun).

medal

Short answer, because it would be hilariously overpowered. The overwhelming majority of modern AFV's simply cannot survive even 30mm APFSDS in the side or rear quarters. I've heard IRL the Challenger 2 can handle tha with some claims, (that i take with extreme salt), that they can handle upto 40mm bofors APFSDS. But either way the majority of stuff in WT is incredibly vulnerable to it. IRL the compensating factor is that typical engagement ranges for tank combat are pushing 1km+ in many cases. In game where ranges of a few hundred meter's are painfully common this weakness is an actual serious issue. And the reality in game is that something with multipule large magazine rapid fire automatic APFSDS cannon is one of the most effective tank killers in the game in closer ranges.