Jump to content

EasyAntiCheat, What is it, How do We prep for it? Known Common Issues and Fixes.


Best answer

Please use this thread to discuss problems with EAC.

This thread will be re-open after issue will be solved.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be interesting making note of those who just kind of sort of quit playing before the Anti-Cheat manifests. 

 

All the excuses they'll have for quitting...

 

I myself am looking forward to my stats improving in the absence of all the dang cheaters running their paid subscription hacks. 

  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClownStomp said:

 

how would you prefer Gaijin deal with all the cheaters who run hacking software? 

How about "the same way they have until now"? Seems to have worked rather well for me, in all the thousands of matches I've been in since I've started playing I might have noticed hackers in maybe 50 of them at most. So the issue cannot possibly have been as drastic as requiring the installation of malware on user PCs.

 

Of course there's the kind of crap players who screech "hacker" at anyone being able to land a shot further than 500m out, making the issue seem bigger than it actually is because they simply can't imagine someone not being as bad at the game as they are. And there's the apparent "cheating" due to ULQ because people who use it sometimes have sightlines that people with "normal" game rendering simply cannot reproduce, allowing shots through entire forests, buildings, walls, etc that should have denied them any vision. But that won't be gone after the introduction of this malware either.

 

3 minutes ago, ClownStomp said:

Going to be interesting making note of those who just kind of sort of quit playing before the Anti-Cheat manifests. 

 

All the excuses they'll have for quitting...

 

I myself am looking forward to my stats improving in the absence of all the dang cheaters running their paid subscription hacks. 

Ah yes, the usual BS about "anyone who opposes this malware must be a cheater themselves". Pathetic.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Genewen said:

How about "the same way they have until now"? Seems to have worked rather well for me, in all the thousands of matches I've been in since I've started playing I might have noticed hackers in maybe 50 of them at most. So the issue cannot possibly have been as drastic as requiring the installation of malware on user PCs.

 

Of course there's the kind of crap players who screech "hacker" at anyone being able to land a shot further than 500m out, making the issue seem bigger than it actually is because they simply can't imagine someone not being as bad at the game as they are. And there's the apparent "cheating" due to ULQ because people who use it sometimes have sightlines that people with "normal" game rendering simply cannot reproduce, allowing shots through entire forests, buildings, walls, etc that should have denied them any vision. But that won't be gone after the introduction of this malware either.

 

Ah yes, the usual BS about "anyone who opposes this malware must be a cheater themselves". Pathetic.

 

 

Can't post the link here but there's a YouTuber out there who posts server replays of cheaters running hacks about once a week just from their own personal games.

 

AND I, myself, have helped get more than one cheater banned via the same server replay system. After awhile I got burned out going after those running hacks in WT as it took up so much time viewing server replays. Now all those scumbags will be gone without me feeling the need to waste any more time on them.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ClownStomp said:

 

 

Can't post the link here but there's a YouTuber out there who posts server replays of cheaters running hacks about once a week just from their own personal games.

 

AND I, myself, have helped get more than one cheater banned via the same server replay system. After awhile I got burned out going after those running hacks in WT as it took up so much time viewing server replays. Now all those scumbags will be gone without me feeling the need to waste any more time on them.

I never claimed there weren't hackers. In fact I said just one page ago that I've seen and reported them myself, so no idea what you are trying to convince me of here. I said that they weren't as prevalent an issue as some people here try to make it seem where they appear to pretend that they see hackers in every second match of theirs.

 

Furthermore I am critisizing you for implying that anyone who is opposed to installing spyware on their PC must be a cheater just pretending to care about other reasons. You yourself are entitled to be as negligent and wasteful with your personal privacy as you want, of course. Just don't try to force your non-existant standards upon others, thank you very much.

Edited by Genewen
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Genewen said:

Furthermore I am critisizing you for implying that anyone who is opposed to installing spyware on their PC must be a cheater just pretending to care about other reasons.

 

That is one of reasons I am worried

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

 

That is one of reasons I am worried

That it is spyware is absolutely certain. It has to be or it won't be able to fulfil its purpose.

The surveillance goes as deep as the kernel, it monitors processes that have nothing to do with the game it is meant to guard or itself, scans RAM and hard drive contents and registries, logs keypresses and makes screenshots. That's at least some of the capabilities I was able to make sure it has by checking the ToS and privacy policies of other games that use EAC.

 

The question that remains is whether it really only does its job of detecting cheaters and nothing more, not accumulating any data that is not immediatly needed for that purpose and immediatly deleting any data on unsuspicious cases. Or if it is yet another dataminer which logs everything it can log, transmits it, and might even disclose it to third parties beyond the game company and the studio behind the anticheat software. The user will never be able to actually know whether any data that it has transmitted has actually been deleted or where it went beyond the first target adress, after all.

 

In the worst case, that data might go anywhere and may even be used maliciously. In the most likely case, it will be hoarded, evaluated and either used by the company themselves for market analysis or sold to other companies in a personalized or "anonymized" form. "Anonymized" is in quotes because in the vast majority of cases that data can still be traced back to specific users with a very high accuracy. And even in the best case scenario where it really only does its job, an application with rights reaching that deep into the system is an additional security risk that might be exploited by malicious third parties. That risk is always there, even if the software was made with the best intentions.

Edited by Genewen
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid after a short test time EAC will become the only protection systems and will than be prosecutor, judge and executioner in one and no employee will care much about if it runs properly or not and if there are cheats that are not recognized or false positives. :dntknw: 

When it comes this way, this will only catch kiddys with cheap cheats who would have been caught with the old system anyway and people with private cheats can sit back and relax. 

Personally i don't like software that is that deep imbedded in a system and nobody knows what it is really doing and how it works.

But we will see what happens but it could get very funny if someone from the EU has a problem with tis software and orders them to send him the data EAC collects :D

and before anyone cries, he's just scared to get caught.....i play almost exclusively AB everybody has a wallhack and aimhelp there :016:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrMG42 said:

But we will see what happens but it could get very funny if someone from the EU has a problem with tis software and orders them to send him the data EAC collects

 

Yes, because of GDPR, citizens of EU have right to know why is their data collected

We also have right to object to data collection

Read more here

https://advisera.com/eugdpracademy/knowledgebase/8-data-subject-rights-according-to-gdpr/

Edited by TyphoonCro
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrMG42 said:

this will only catch kiddys with cheap cheats who would have been caught with the old system anyway and people with private cheats can sit back and relax. 

 

For every one person running private cheats there are thousands who just pay their $12 hacking subscription fee per month. 

 

And of those thousands of paid hack subscribers a good % of them are smart enough to play is safe to where they could go on cheating for months if not years. I'm talking about those who mostly just use the ESP and warning system which alerts them to an enemy pointing their gun at them. As long as they don't blatantly track targets through walls/buildings/hills they are very hard to bust. Only the sloppy ones get banned after being reported via the server replay. The really dumb ones could get auto-banned using the aim-bot too vigorously by the already present anti-cheat algorithm system in place.

 

Many of those who got banned just simply created brand new accounts as tried to be more careful the next time. 

 

Pretty funny how some of the level 100 players who got banned had been respected amongst their own peers and guildmates until they made the monthly banned list. Read through some of the comments in the official banned thread to see what I'm talking about. "We had thought he was just a really good player". ...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This anticheat is going to detect mods installed for other games?? i have several mods for several games inside my pc + some EXE (i dont use mods for WT anyway) but i dont want a false positive like Avast with my mod EXE for skyrim for example or several false positives playing league of leagend(after some launcher updates) or fallout mods sometimes,etc,etc.
So...between my mod managers,mods and EXEs stuff could be a problem??

Gawr_Gura (Posted )

EAC will not look at other games it's not installed for. If you play game "A" with a external mod program, Warthunder's EAC will not bother to look at it, unless it dabbles with warthunder's code, or process. You really should not have any issues with modding of other games. EAC is not a complete system cheat protector, just the games it's partnered with.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ClownStomp said:

Pretty funny how some of the level 100 players who got banned had been respected amongst their own peers and guildmates until they made the monthly banned list. Read through some of the comments in the official banned thread to see what I'm talking about. "We had thought he was just a really good player". ...

 

It's also amusing when the banned players insist they were unfairly banned, and a whole lot of gullible people accept that at face value.

  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

@blackheart1996

Will EAC be integrated into WT or will it be standalone?

It would make more sense to me if it was integrated into WT itself

 

EAC is a stand alone application. It acts as a service on the operating system.

The application will monitor warthunder and it's files with asynchronous integrity checks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blackheart1996 said:

 

EAC is a stand alone application. It acts as a service on the operating system.

The application will monitor warthunder and it's files with asynchronous integrity checks. 

 

I would also like to ask how does EAC react to loss of internet connection or Alt-tabbing from game?

Since I read on few places that it may shut down the game as it sees that as suspicious activity

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

 

I would also like to ask how does EAC react to loss of internet connection or Alt-tabbing from game?

Since I read on few places that it may shut down the game as it sees that as suspicious activity

 

EAC doesn't (to my knowledge) look at network activity, and alt-tabbing should not be seen as suspicious activity.

 

Being an active player of many games with EAC, networking and alt-tabbing will 100% not affect EAC and it's activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TyphoonCro said:

 

Wait RGB system for changing colour on CPU cooler?

Hmmm... My FX8350 cooler goes through colours itself, but I dont have any programs installed for that

 

The hardware brand Roccat has the function to have the RGB light adapt to the situation the player is in. It uses Alien FX or other systems for that. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DELTACLUSTER said:

 

The hardware brand Roccat has the function to have the RGB light adapt to the situation the player is in. It uses Alien FX or other systems for that. 

 

I dont have that then...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gmartin18 said:

Is Reshade software going to cause problems launching the game or cause easy anti cheat to trigger.

Be a major disappointment if this is the case.

 

ReShade is not supported by warthunder and is not endorsed by Gaijin.

You can get the same results from PostFx

ReShade is counted as an illegal modification, as per a discussion from 2014

 

Any modification to the game files can lead to the blocking of your game account and is your fault entirely as per Eula.

 

I suggest to not use ReShade or SweetFx, or any other 3rd party external shader program, or there's a huge chance you'll be blocked.

 

DDv7q6F.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that it is not endorsed by Gaijin and it is 3rd party. I use reshade on other games that easy anti cheat covers

and have had no issues with them plus I seen certain versions that is whitelisted on the easy anti cheat website.  

No in game post fx settings compares to reshades options and is missing decent sharpening tools.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gmartin18 said:

 I use reshade on other games that easy anti cheat covers

and have had no issues with them plus I seen certain versions that is whitelisted on the easy anti cheat website.  

 

So then you already knew the answer to your own question. You just trying to bait moderator or what?

  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will gaijin be getting a copy of the ban reason for banned players?

Heard good and bad situations for appeals process for those falsely flagged. Overturned in 24 hours to 49days.

 

While i dont expect any issues, reading up on this anticheat does seem to have threads after threads of people claiming false positives. While i would expect most people to claim that, a few who are getting them overturned and posted a email convos/steam convos shows some do get falsely done.

Is there a decent appeals process both through EAC and aswell a method through which to have a gaijin mod review any contested ban.

The 50ish day appeal only seemed to happen due to a dev of the game helping the appeal.

 

Obviously im removing a trainer for sids pirates(2004) as i barely play it anymore and would be worried of it detecting that. But unsure of any regular programs it may have issues with.

Assuming it has no issues with Autohotkey(used for CoH2).

 

Just more worried about having to wait 50 days for a false positive to get overturned. i know false positive is a rare chance regardless but something like that would really annoy me :-p

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I make and save all my War Thunder related memes on my Screenshots folder, specially if they are made after a screenshot. Does that count as ''altering the game files against the EULA'' and will i lose my account for this?

 

I am not, have never been and will never br in any way, a cheater, and i am really scared of losing my 5 year old, 1,760 gameplay hours, +1,000€ spent account to some false positive of some automated piece of software that takes as a cheat thing anything it can't identify as legit or misidentifyes...

 

I would be less concerned if at least there was a human factor behind this who could check if the anti-cheat engine is right by itself, to make sure it's not a false positive. What i am scared of is of the automatic machine.

Edited by SPANISH_AVENGER

Gawr_Gura (Posted )

EAC will not look at Images unless it contains code that modifies gameplay.
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackheart1996will EAC ban me for doing fun SINGLEPLAYER stuff like this?
https://live.warthunder.com/post/849002/en/

Gawr_Gura (Posted )

Warthunder is not blocking user created content by using EAC.
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...