Stick1_

I have some questions about UK Ground vehicles.

Were regular Vickers Mbt's fitted with the same engine as The Vijayanta? Its weird that the engine has 100HP less than Chief mk.3 but transmission is from Chieftain Mk.5/10.

Chieftain Marksman has the hull from Chief mk.10 why does it have engine from Mk.3?

Why is Sherman VC 35 Tons when Sherman IC is 30tons? The only difference is the engine and slightly longer hull of the VC but the IC has some added armor, from what i could find the R-975 Whirlwind weights about 530 kg and the Chrysler a57 2.380 kg. Where are the missing 3 tons of the VC?

http://www.theshermantank.com/sherman/the-motors-four-motors-made-it-into-production/

Where is the range finder on the FV4202?

Spoiler

fv4202.jpg.004f609af97d66d2ff910fd2bc023

The FV4202 was supposed to be the replacement for the Centurion, why does it have 150 less HP than the Cent? i couldn't find any information about the engine im just assuming they would use the same one.

221628209_smokelaunchers.jpg.4ae1d225315Why are these smoke launchers 1 use only? These are clearly made to be used twice.

medal medal

12 hours ago, Stick1_ said:

Why is Sherman VC 35 Tons when Sherman IC is 30tons? The only difference is the engine and slightly longer hull of the VC but the IC has some added armor, from what i could find the R-975 Whirlwind weights about 530 kg and the Chrysler a57 2.380 kg. Where are the missing 3 tons of the VC?

"only"

I think the extra hunk of steal, tracks and larger engine connection parts would definitely add up. Also, the IC should be 31.5 tons, so we are really talking about ~1.5 tons that are "missing".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoryWatt18 said:

"only"

I think the extra hunk of steal, tracks and larger engine connection parts would definitely add up. Also, the IC should be 31.5 tons, so we are really talking about ~1.5 tons that are "missing".

The weights of the tanks are counted without the track armor. and i just found out, why it the VCs added armor 2x heavier? There are about the same amount of tracks on both tanks. The VC with the track armor is 37 tons and IC 31,5.

medal medal