mAtt85

a typical day when you suck at War Thunder

I've been getting that frequently, its normal.... Don't worry about it.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MPRA2 said:

I've been getting that frequently, its normal.... Don't worry about it.

sure does make it hard to get RP though...

medal medal

6 minutes ago, mAtt85 said:

sure does make it hard to get RP though...

I'm mainly grinding SL atm, but yeah it makes it dang near impossible

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michiyl said:

It's a team game - only 1/16th is your fault :happy:

Words of wisdom.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It is possible to have it the other way as well. Map knowledge, vehicle knowledge, teamwork and objective focus are the main factors. I can recommend playing with people and learn from them as well, regardless if it's do's or don'ts. It will speed up the learning much faster than playing solo. It'll be more fun (hopefully) and communicating while playing is highly recommended.

Here's an example stretching over 2 sessions:

Edited by Arium
  • Upvote 1

Today I got killed in my spaag because my team mate nearby had his tank filled with explosives and was hit by the enemy.

medal medal medal medal

this was an entire hour of me trying to grind out the Conquerer and the Centauro a few days ago.

War Thunder Screenshot 2019.08.21 - 20.21.14.28.png

On 25/08/2019 at 01:10, michiyl said:

It's a team game - only 1/16th is your fault :happy:

Problem is that you still personally have your efforts go to waste, even when you perform better then your entire team or even outperform the top player of the enemy team, you don't get rewards for your time because your team lost, even when it's entirely out of your control.

medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Miragen said:

Problem is that you still personally have your efforts go to waste, even when you perform better then your entire team or even outperform the top player of the enemy team, you don't get rewards for your time because your team lost, even when it's entirely out of your control.

U should take that like a personal "task" to do,be the best in the entire match even when its a "defeat" . Usually if u do a performance equal/same or better like the top in enemy team u are fine and u get positive profits even in defeats.
The problem came with the people who get frustrated by one or several defeats. I start every match thinking "ok,this is lost...i need to do my best and im sure my team is not going to do nothing" and i just play relaxed doing the best for me and if i can helping more people like killing campers or cleaning caps.
If people make a good match dont need to win to make profits...i know is great to get the extra bonus for research when u win but...
we can't have it all XD We need more people playing for fun and less only playing thinking about profits and exp. A lot of them take this like a job because the grind.

• Like 1

That's kinda how the game is setup tho, people just want to progress and winning is a big part in that, if you then lose 20 times in a row, you're missing out on a lot of RP and SL and it just sucks.

I really feel that personal performance should be rewarded more, give winning teams less RP, give losing teams more RP and balance it out so there's still the incentive and reward for winning, but not the penalty for losing so everyone can end the match feeling alright.

To promote the team effort winning team definitely should keep its extra bonus, but being on the losing side while performing better than most of your opponents yet earning less leaves a sour taste. 

Perhaps it would be an idea to offer top 3 or 5 on losing side an additional percentage?

medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, *Naik_NL said:

Perhaps it would be an idea to offer top 3 or 5 on losing side an additional percentage?

Not in my book. You should play to win, not play to score. So I am not in favor of it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

38 minutes ago, *Naik_NL said:

To promote the team effort winning team definitely should keep its extra bonus, but being on the losing side while performing better than most of your opponents yet earning less leaves a sour taste. 

I don't get that though.. people always want to win, regardless of rewards. People don't need to be incentivized to want to win, and not die.

It should motivate the losing team to keep trying instead of accepting the crew lock and leave...

I’m more for motivation by rewards than hitting players with crew lock and high maintenance costs. 

• Like 2
medal medal medal

Why on earth you are mixing different BR's?

No wonder you get huge loosing streaks. ;)

1320661843_losingallday.thumb.png.03370b65d64146e61f4897f2a69b239g.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, Miragen said:

people always want to win, regardless of rewards.

Not in this game. Many people choose reward over win.

17 minutes ago, takkuta said:

Why on earth you are mixing different BR's?

He is using his premium vehicles. Maybe he hopes for p2w effect?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal