British Camouflague

There has always been something that bothers me about British Camouflague in War Thunder and that is the HUGE selection of Desert Camo but the lack of Urban Camo and Forest camo has always made me quite puzzled

Yes. The British in WW2 spent a large portion operating in the Desert and many of our other conflicts we have also been fighting in the Deserts and many of our tanks have also been doing this too but its quite frustrating when I keep getting maps like Fulda Gap and I have a beautiful selection of iridescent desert camos for my enemies to see me in. 

Don't lock the few forest camos under Golden Eagles, at least give the British ONE unlockable Forest and Urban camo

even if I have to kill 400 tanks to get it please let us have a camo for every map not just every desert map

Maybe make it so that WW2 tanks have a larger selection of Desert Camos but provide later war tanks like Centurion and Cheiftain with more options for camouflagues and its not like our tanks were rarely seen with camouflague here are some examples; 

744d1b6b66b1885a4610a30f16fa915f.jpg

d470om5-e9f75787-c2b7-413d-b01a-8eb842c33197.jpg

MCV-80.jpg

Also, I know you can download camos but why not just give us some good default ones? Nations like US have a good selection of camos that can work on all maps as do the Soviets so why can't we?

Edited by *Hurricanefire32
  • Upvote 2

The British have a lot of very nice camouflages but sadly you have to pay 200 GE for each of them ... the Americans have it so much better with 9-10 unlockable camouflages (and only one you have to pay for) for half of the tank tree!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, michiyl said:

The British have a lot of very nice camouflages but sadly you have to pay 200 GE for each of them ... the Americans have it so much better with 9-10 unlockable camouflages (and only one you have to pay for) for half of the tank tree!

Just looking through the Camos, Britain has four desert camouflagues, one winter and one forest camo all locked behind 200 GE

Out of the camos you can unlock you get two Desert camos and one winter camo but not a single forest camo! 

An Officer Golden Wager, one of the few ways of earning GE without paying allows you to earn between 50 - 1,000 GE however lets say the average earning of a task like this is between 100 GE - 400 GE, a single camo means spending pretty much half or all of your earned GE just to have the ability to blend better on forest maps since European Camouflague is locked by 200 GE and thats only for ONE tank too

When they introduced the UK, they saw it as a golden opportunity to monetize the camos heavily.

You can earn a winter camo, but if you want one that is actually white, you have to pay monies :lol2:

medal medal medal

Not to mention that the camouflage patterns when applied to the vehicles are all wrong. Particularly with both CR1's and the CR2. Specifically the late Bi-colour European and Desert. No matter how you rotate or scale them they look wrong like Gaijin have just copied and pasted them from the same vehicle. They don't interact with the vehicle like they should. They appear on the road wheels which they shouldn't. The rear quarter is a real mess as they don't appear on the baz plates and appear stretched over the hull at the wrong angles. Dont waste your money. The three solid colour ones are the best options.     

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

13 hours ago, _Fear_Naught_ said:

Not to mention that the camouflage patterns when applied to the vehicles are all wrong. Particularly with both CR1's and the CR2. Specifically the late Bi-colour European and Desert. No matter how you rotate or scale them they look wrong like Gaijin have just copied and pasted them from the same vehicle. They don't interact with the vehicle like they should. They appear on the road wheels which they shouldn't. The rear quarter is a real mess as they don't appear on the baz plates and appear stretched over the hull at the wrong angles. Dont waste your money. The three solid colour ones are the best options.     

I saw in one of the boxes there was a user made Urban Camo, the same in the picture of the Chieftain I posted but in order to use that box you need to pay GE for the key! So an iconic urban camo for the British, something the Chieftain was seen many times in, is stuck in a box and only for the CR2

On 21/08/2019 at 13:35, MattS93 said:

When they introduced the UK, they saw it as a golden opportunity to monetize the camos heavily.

You can earn a winter camo, but if you want one that is actually white, you have to pay monies :lol2:

I feel like the green splotches actually make the tank easier to see on snow based maps

Also, I hate it when I accidently start a match with a desert camo loaded onto my tank, nothing like seeing a bright yellow Cromwell zooming around Advance to the Rhine

1 hour ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

I saw in one of the boxes there was a user made Urban Camo, the same in the picture of the Chieftain I posted but in order to use that box you need to pay GE for the key! So an iconic urban camo for the British, something the Chieftain was seen many times in, is stuck in a box and only for the CR2

I feel like the green splotches actually make the tank easier to see on snow based maps

Also, I hate it when I accidently start a match with a desert camo loaded onto my tank, nothing like seeing a bright yellow Cromwell zooming around Advance to the Rhine

Haha, yes I have done that as well.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *Hurricanefire32 said:

This camo is also available to the Chieftain Mk.10, and unlockable with a thousand kills, it's called the "Berlin Brigade"...

Spoiler

274961587_shot2019_08_2313_21_13.thumb.j

Tho have fun racking those 500 Chief Mk.10 kills agaisnt 2A5s and Leclercs...

Regardless, it'd be good for every nation to get a couple more unlockable camos...

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, TenPoundsOfSalt said:

This camo is also available to the Chieftain Mk.10, and unlockable with a thousand kills, it's called the "Berlin Brigade"...

Reveal hidden contents

274961587_shot2019_08_2313_21_13.thumb.j

Tho have fun racking those 500 Chief Mk.10 kills agaisnt 2A5s and Leclercs...

Regardless, it'd be good for every nation to get a couple more unlockable camos...

But not for Cheiftain MK3 or MK5? Regardless I'm not going to be using it enough to get 500 kills anyway....if only that was 500 assists then maybe we'll be talking something do-able

2 hours ago, _Fear_Naught_ said:

You mean this... which is actually the tank i have just taken over command of...

20190822_173127_Copy.jpg.03417360b8bcddf

20190822_173049_Copy.jpg.ef18407b573130b

See its a great camo for a great tank but I have only seen the Challenger 2 in this camo once or twice whereas it was often seen on the Chieftain.

Also, like I said before you have to pay GE to even get this camo again leaving Britain with camos locked behind pay-walls!

Maybe Gaijin can create a new forest type camo for the British tanks and then give the European Camo for free to all British vehicles, that way Britain gets a new forest camo and a free one at the same time

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2019 at 12:09, _Fear_Naught_ said:

You mean this... which is actually the tank i have just taken over command of...

Oh nice man. Do you have any idea how crazy British Defence Twitter went over this camo?

Also did you get to have fun lugging the Easibridge around? That's been a really nice piece of kit for the infantry, I hope it gets adopted.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal