Paul_Walker3922

Help, BR1.7 - BR2 very confusing!

I'm a bit of a new player but enjoying the game (if 'enjoyment' also means hitting my head against the screen in frustration every now and again...)  I'm just getting into the swing of playing the game and figuring stuff out and a really strange stat keeps popping out.

What I don't understand is why I consistently win with Russian vehicles and consistently lose with German vehicles.  I'm a bit new to this so play at around BR 1.7 - BR2.  So, for example with an SU 5-1, I win just under 70% of games.  My KDR is 1.5 and I've played around 70 games and now I've got into the swing of things, with a BT7 and a KDR of 0.9 (in about 40 games), I have a winrate of 62%.  I cap a bit more with the BT7 and kill a bit more with the SU, hence the differences but overall I win.

Contrast that with my Pz 4E.  I have a KDR of about 2 and a winrate of 37.5%!!!!!  And my other German vehicles are the same, all of them around 40% or less WR!!!!!  I have no idea why as, sure, I have adapted my playstyle to the different types of vehicles but is this normal?  Or is it that I just need to adapt further?

17 minutes ago, Paul_Walker3922 said:

What do you mean?  If it's non-random, it's choosing for me to lose or win?

He meant that there is no mixing of nations in the teams

So if you fight vs USSR, there won't be USSR in your team like in arcade

This result in asymmetrical game play where each nations has pros and cons

• Upvote 2
medal medal

1 hour ago, Paul_Walker3922 said:

I'm a bit of a new player but enjoying the game (if 'enjoyment' also means hitting my head against the screen in frustration every now and again...)  I'm just getting into the swing of playing the game and figuring stuff out and a really strange stat keeps popping out.

What I don't understand is why I consistently win with Russian vehicles and consistently lose with German vehicles.  I'm a bit new to this so play at around BR 1.7 - BR2.  So, for example with an SU 5-1, I win just under 70% of games.  My KDR is 1.5 and I've played around 70 games and now I've got into the swing of things, with a BT7 and a KDR of 0.9 (in about 40 games), I have a winrate of 62%.  I cap a bit more with the BT7 and kill a bit more with the SU, hence the differences but overall I win.

Contrast that with my Pz 4E.  I have a KDR of about 2 and a winrate of 37.5%!!!!!  And my other German vehicles are the same, all of them around 40% or less WR!!!!!  I have no idea why as, sure, I have adapted my playstyle to the different types of vehicles but is this normal?  Or is it that I just need to adapt further?

ok. you have answered your own question. you play more aggressively for base caps etc so your directly impacting wins, thisa is also likely how most of your fellow russians are playing because of the type of tanks you have at that br.  germans tent to be slower but bigger guns so they tent to not be as aggressive and camp which will get you more kills but usually less wins. this happens with every nation at different tiers depending on the tanks that nation has at that specific br.  

side note my experience is germans are usually more campy teams so you can likely expect that kinda result in germany in many cases.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

48 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

ok. you have answered your own question. you play more aggressively for base caps etc so your directly impacting wins, thisa is also likely how most of your fellow russians are playing because of the type of tanks you have at that br.  germans tent to be slower but bigger guns so they tent to not be as aggressive and camp which will get you more kills but usually less wins. this happens with every nation at different tiers depending on the tanks that nation has at that specific br.  

side note my experience is germans are usually more campy teams so you can likely expect that kinda result in germany in many cases.

So at BR 1.7 - 2.0:  Germans lose and Russians win.  OK.  Got it.

7 minutes ago, Paul_Walker3922 said:

So at BR 1.7 - 2.0:  Germans lose and Russians win.  OK.  Got it.

Unless you learn how to play Germany aggressively.  War thunder is a game where one person can change the outcome of a battle. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Razielkaine said:

Unless you learn how to play Germany aggressively.  War thunder is a game where one person can change the outcome of a battle. 

I just checked one of my tanks.  Is the statistic correct?  Panzer 2Es have an overall 28.22% WR in RB?????

Edited by Paul_Walker3922

4 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Then there you have the answer.

In realistic, you have non-random teams.

As some people have already explained, in RB, you have asymetrical vehicles in a match.

And even more, you have asymetrical people in a match. Lets assume for a second that a certain type of person prefers to play germans, and another type prefers to play USSR. These types of people will therefore oppose each other in those two teams. And for some reason, the russian team does better.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, Paul_Walker3922 said:

I just checked one of my tanks.  Is the statistic correct?  Panzer 2Es have an overall 28.22% WR in RB?????

Panzer 2 is a crap tank so you shouldnt expect much from it.  But seriously tier 1 and 2 are so mixed in play styles and technologies they in most part aren't worth determining a nations value on.  Wait till you top of tier 2 getting into tier 3 and then you will realise your putting to much concern into it. 

Edited by Razielkaine

20 hours ago, Paul_Walker3922 said:

in low Br Russian have a good armor, good speed and decent gun, german decent armor, decent speed and a good gun. Russian is more "easy" to play at low br's... 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SvenTheFree said:

in low Br Russian have a good armor, good speed and decent gun, german decent armor, decent speed and a good gun. Russian is more "easy" to play at low br's... 

In addition, Russians get the APHE ammo early on which is far easier to kill with due to its larger capacity of HE filler.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Radom said:

In addition, Russians get the APHE ammo early on which is far easier to kill with due to its larger capacity of HE filler.

German's get it too though.  Those are mini nukes too

Edited by Razielkaine

15 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

Panzer 2 is a crap tank so you shouldnt expect much from it.  But seriously tier 1 and 2 are so mixed in play styles and technologies they in most part aren't worth determining a nations value on.  Wait till you top of tier 2 getting into tier 3 and then you will realise your putting to much concern into it. 

Ironically, I really like it!  I had my first 'double figures' streak with it!

7 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

Herman's get it too though.  Those are mini need too

Yes true, but the actual amount of filler is significant between RU and GE at lower BR

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 19/08/2019 at 05:32, Razielkaine said:

Panzer 2 is a crap tank so you shouldnt expect much from it.

I personally love the Panzer IIs. Very fun once you unlock the Pzg. 40 shells for them. :smile:

But anyway, I gotta agree that winning with low tier Germans does feel pretty difficult. I recently started to spade my German 1.0-1.7 tanks, and it was just impossible to get a win. 5 matches, in all of them the best or second best player in my team, often getting 8-12 kills, yet always the Chinese kick our asses hard. :crazy:

medal medal medal medal

On 18/08/2019 at 15:34, Paul_Walker3922 said:

Has nothing to do with vehicles. The amount of stupidity and lack of basic tactical understanding is horrifying among those playing this game. Don´t take it too serious, it´s just a game.

medal