NettoRama

Possibility of British Tanks reload buff

So I saw a video of a centurion mk 3 from British Pathe firing with a 4 second reload while on the move.(52 seconds)

This got me thinking to see why it might achieve such a quick reload. This then lead me to seeing a trend across all british  tanks from centurion mk 1 and onwards which is a ready rack located to the front left pf the loader. This allowed the Challenger tanks to receive a 5 second reload buff from this video: 

This made me think if most British 120mm have this same style of ready rack, surely they could also achieve a similar reload speed to the challenger 2.

Conqueror: lB5xvsQ.png  Chieftain mk 3: image.png.ac0a216a5ffbe374d59f5028509305 Chieftain mk 10:dZTJZ89.png

These are just some thoughts I have come up with recently, if I am very wrong or what so ever please tell me below. (I guess a faster initial reload would also make sense for the centurion mk 1 and 3 and possibly the mk 10 since their shells are lighter.)

medal medal medal

Already been posted many times and not likely to see a change.  Realisticly 6pdr, 17pdr and 20pdr should be average of 4 seconds to reload I read one the archer could achieve a 3 second reload for a short time.  

The conqueror has a slower reload the 5 seconds because it has 2 part ammunition and the gun had to level out between shots to reload.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Since reload times are a balancing factor we might see an increase or decrease of the RoF for different tanks in every mayor patch so who knows what happens to british tanks. But german Panthers are also reported to have much faster reloads so... :dntknw:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Obirzoe said:

Since reload times are a balancing factor we might see an increase or decrease of the RoF for different tanks in every mayor patch so who knows what happens to british tanks. But german Panthers are also reported to have much faster reloads so... :dntknw:

Wasn’t the whole point of adding first order ammo racks to get rid of sustained reloads in favour of a crews first order reload.

medal

18 minutes ago, Jarms said:

Wasn’t the whole point of adding first order ammo racks to get rid of sustained reloads in favour of a crews first order reload.

Even after most reloads are a selected reload speed by gaijin.  As said above for "balance "

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, TheOnlyRyan said:

I'm not sure when but the Vickers MBT has been nerfed recently, it used to have an insane reload rate when it was released like 4.5-5 seconds.

Made up for the terrible armour / mobility compared to other 6.7 Brits 

wait, how long is the reload  now?

medal medal medal

I know in tanks like the challenger, some loaders would ready to load the inert first piece of ammo since there was no risk of the piece exploding. I dont know how much that would increase reload times, but it would still help a little bit. It wouldn't be as simple as halving the reload since getting the first piece out of the turret bustle is quicker than getting the charge.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 08/10/2019 at 11:07, Samuel_Hyde said:

wait, how long is the reload  now?

I think only by 0.5-1.0 seconds, but its pretty equal to the mk10 now where it used to be much quicker than it.

On 08/10/2019 at 19:06, AnimeThighs said:

I know in tanks like the challenger, some loaders would ready to load the inert first piece of ammo since there was no risk of the piece exploding. I dont know how much that would increase reload times, but it would still help a little bit. It wouldn't be as simple as halving the reload since getting the first piece out of the turret bustle is quicker than getting the charge.

This idea will be **** on but I think british tanks, to make up for the lack of aphe. Their 2nd shot should be much quicker, as the loader would have a shell prepared. 

After the 2nd shot the reload goes back to normal, and you need to wait for a timer to go around while he picks up the 2nd shell in preparation for the next shot. 

medal medal