Renamed76106

Coming m48a2c seems like a means of hiding most produced tank ever from other trees

Why duplicate the same m48 instead of letting us have the East German T-54 for the German tree? How many more years will people ask for this while you ignore the chance to get a load of free money? If you made this thing even a premium, people would buy it. The m48 was literally already in the tree, and just duplicating the same vehicle and using new ammunition to bump up its BR seems kinda like nonsense, considering the diversifying and interesting option would literally be an almost direct copy and paste from the Russian tree with a couple meatball sized logos pasted onto the skin.

eastgermant54rightfrontview.jpg

Edited by Renamed76106
Idk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal

The M48A2C isn't a copy paste of the US m48A1.  In reality it is faster by a few mph, and also carries more ammunition, due to improved stowage.  It also had a more advanced fire control system, pretty much the same as was used in the M60.  

Though personally, I'm not against having the East German T-54's in the game either. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Just now, warrior412 said:

Traditionally hardcore German fans—they hate the idea of a Russian tank in their tree as an East German example.

And they can eat a fat one. It's part of German history and it's disrespectful to Germany as an entity to pretend something didn't happen like that.

We have the m48a2ga2 in the German tree????

medal

5 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Traditionally hardcore German fans—they hate the idea of a Russian tank in their tree as an East German example.

But they'd be perfectly alright with US armor?

• Thanks 1
medal

Would've been cool to have a mix of both west and east-German vehicles to replace the 4 tanks that got removed. Because right now we are still 2 tanks short.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Having East German tanks be Russian would offend certain people.

Not a valid argument.

5 hours ago, Renamed76106 said:

It's part of German history and it's disrespectful to Germany as an entity to pretend something didn't happen like that.

Completely agree. Its like saying some people may be offended by German Nazi history (which I definitely think is a dark chapter of human history), but not a valid argument. If so, most of the german tech tree would have to be removed. Nonsense!

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Stuhlfleisch said:

Would've been cool to have a mix of both west and east-German vehicles to replace the 4 tanks that got removed. Because right now we are still 2 tanks short.

Waiting for a T-10 to replace either of the heavies...

• Like 3
medal

32 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

Waiting for a T-10 to replace either of the heavies...

We can hope...

9 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Really? The Mig 19 P was added and I didn't see major issue

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, *gojuancamilo said:

Not a valid argument.

Completely agree. Its like saying some people may be offended by German Nazi history (which I definitely think is a dark chapter of human history), but not a valid argument. If so, most of the german tech tree would have to be removed. Nonsense!

I am not opposed to adding East German vehicles myself, I am simply saying some people are.

1 hour ago, Electrolite_xyz said:

Really? The Mig 19 P was added and I didn't see major issue

Most of the people in question are tankers; there was outcry over the German MiG-15 when it first showed up too.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

One thing I find to be BS about that line of logic from people who oppose it, is the fact that in WW2 germany made it a habit to always use captured vehicles. They even used French tanks. They were not opposed at all to using what they could get and saying they should never use a T-54 is outright bullsh*t

• Upvote 2
medal

13 hours ago, Renamed76106 said:

One thing I find to be BS about that line of logic from people who oppose it, is the fact that in WW2 germany made it a habit to always use captured vehicles. They even used French tanks. They were not opposed at all to using what they could get and saying they should never use a T-54 is outright bullsh*t

the thing is if  i want to drive a t54 i grind the russians, if i want to drive a m46/48 i grind  murica, sry but i dont like non german tanks in the tt, As a premium tank yeah its okay because there captured after all and were not made by germany/russia/us/uk but as tt hell no 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 13/08/2019 at 13:53, Conraire said:

The M48A2C isn't a copy paste of the US m48A1.  In reality it is faster by a few mph, and also carries more ammunition, due to improved stowage.  It also had a more advanced fire control system, pretty much the same as was used in the M60.  

Though personally, I'm not against having the East German T-54's in the game either. 

Ah I see, I was curious if the M48A2C was an actual copy and paste or not. I am glad to see that its not. Though if it was just a place-holder then that would of been fine anyways. But I still don't get why they are in a sense adding it though, I've seen many players request tanks like Panzer 38 (58? correct me about that lol), S.P.I.C, even others like the German T-54.

Granted, we do have a lot of "captured" vehicles, hell we do have the captured T-34. I personally wouldn't mind having a German T-54 added to the tree. I've personally thought a good replacement for the Maus really even before the Maus was announced its leave would be the Panzer VII Lowe in my opinion, not to go off topic, but since the M48A2C is literally going to be the next tank after the Tiger II H, its at least under the same line basically. Hear me out, the Lowe, rather not being produced, and of course is a Blueprint tank, (though that shouldn't matter in a sense because based on other threads I have read that gave good points, there are plenty of non-German vehicles that were never produced yet are still in the game lol) it was really close to becoming a non-blue print tank.

As far as I remember the Lowe is a super-heavy-tank but with only with 140mm (5.5in) frontal armor, 100mm (3.9in) on the side and the turret armor had around 100-140mm as well, weaker then the Maus which of course has around 200mm of armor. It could of had 3 different guns which during the development was suggested, like the 10,5cm gun like the Tiger II 10,5cm has, the normal 8.8cm like Tiger I, or the 15cm which I assume is like a derp gun or the gun that is on most of the Heavy E series (E-75, E-100 gun Variant 2). Its max speed was designed around 27-35 km/h. It had 5 Crew members, gunner, commander, etc, (Also random fun fact that I just figured to share to those who don't know about the Maus and Lowe lol, the Panzer VII Lowe that was created by Krupp which would of been the "Maus" if the Maus never got produced. But because Porsche's Maus design was so favored, the Lowe sadly got dropped lol). 

But yea, back to the M48 lol, the Lowe idea I had for a long time, it just made the most sense to me, but that's just me, take it as you will. But knowing that the M48A2C will replace the Maus, I wouldn't mind giving it a try once the update comes out, And as sad to see the Maus leave, its nice that they let you finish the research and get it after the patch comes out, and not only that but let existing players that have it already keep it, instead of removing it from your slot you know? And I guess I can see some people getting triggered having a Russian T-54 in the German line, but as I also see, Germany already has the captured versions of the T-34, KV-1 and M4 Sherman? (when the Sherman was in the game long time ago during Ground Forces testing lol). But I look forward to the new tanks at least. And tell me what ye commanders think of the Lowe idea, if lets say Gaijin randomly decides not to add the M48 after Tiger II H. 

Edited by dalekmaster
medal

48 minutes ago, dalekmaster said:

I've seen many players request tanks like Panzer 38 (58? correct me about that lol)

Issue with panzer 58/68 is that it dosen't have anything in common with Germany (Swiss own made tank), hell it have more with UK.

medal medal