Update 13.08.2019 (1.89.1.170)

Stona

Maintenance%20(1).jpg

• Fixed: after bailing (J) out whilst on the airfield, a frag will no longer score to the nearest enemy player.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Marcus_Hallevy said:

Ahhh boy.... here comes back the J out bois that will camp the AF for all eternity

so?

Let them sit there - enemy that is on AF can't win games ;)
And if the can - blame mission design.

The mechanics was absolute trash and I am happy it got fixed. mid-air.. sure. I'd even say that crashing into ground should give kill to nearest enemy as well (manoeuvre kill) - at least if there is only one enemy nearby but not being able to switch plane or armament w/o getting killed was just stupid

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Beautiful! This was the only issue with this fantastic change, and it was fixed nice and fast!

I'd love to see mechanics to prevent repeated J-outs and/or sitting on the airfield too long, and also kill credits for nearby crashes / wing rips, but the J-out fix in and of itself is now perfect.

medal medal

On 13/08/2019 at 12:45, Oldtimer1955 said:

Does this mean you don't have to be fully repaired before bailing out...in other words, you can bail out even if damaged, and not give credit to the player that damaged you?

Yes, but you will get a repair bill

medal medal medal

Can you do the same "fix" for when you land on a random field?

Before 1.89.1.162 you could land wherever and eject without being credited with a death (if you weren't damaged, of course). Now we can't do it anymore because you will give the kill to the nearest opponent.

I think the best way to implement this would be to bypass the process of crediting the kill to the nearest opponent after the "Landed" message have appeared

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal