Striker is useless and worse than Swingfire

So the Striker is supposed to be the 1 up from the Swingfire and when you first look at it, it does seem like that. It has better mobility and can fire 5 missiles in a row, but it has two shortcomings that to me would even justify a lower BR and it being placed before the Swingfire.

First, it has 4 less missiles than its counterpart, which can really help with the swingfire missiles which are quite slow and react slowly to direction changes. Second and worst of all, it has no periscope! This means that whilst you can remain hidden behind a hill with the swingfire, type 60 agm, raketenjagdpanzer and other such ATGM carriers, with the Striker, you are forced to show your silhouette in order to guide your missile to the enemy, which inevitably leads to your demise as two crew member are in that upper structure and you have only 3 crew members total.

I really don't think that the BR is an issue, because that lack of periscope will still be there and even at BR 1,0 the strikers armour can be penned, but it surely can't hurt. Ideally it would get a periscope, but it had none in real life. In real life, the sight could be taken off and be detached from the vehicle altogether in order to fire from cover. Maybe what should therefore happen for the striker to be effective, is the ability to guide the missile whilst in binocular view, or it should get a mechanic by which the sight can be detached from the vehicle and moved in a 10 m radius from your vehicle, but always in contact to the ground. This would mean the vehicle would remain in cover and then it could even go up in BR.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, KusoKawaii said:

swingfire missile should have 800 pen instead of 500 currently, stats haven't changed for years since they added to game, i assume bug reports had been made about this, yet Gaijin won't care.

Bug reports have been made over two years ago iirc and what a surprise, it still hasn't been fixed. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

The striker can fire at ~90 degees off bore axis, which makes it very good at firing around cover and covering your flanks. The swingfire reload speed is also kind of annoyingly slow, so that's two things I'd take the striker over, aside from the obvious speed advantage which you mentioned.

...I'd take the Warrior over both of them though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal