[News] Xbox account email linking

Afternoon all. 

I know some are upset woth the account binding etc, but please see the positives with this. 

You can still bind an email and then be able to post on the official Gaijin/war thunder forum. 

That in itself is a good step and one worth having. The forums are a valuable asset the the xbox community and one that allows us to learn new things, raise any concerns and talk to fellow players across the other platforms. 

Cheers Gaijin. 

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, F0Z [email protected] said:

Afternoon all. 

I know some are upset woth the account binding etc, but please see the positives with this. 

You can still bind an email and then be able to post on the official Gaijin/war thunder forum. 

That in itself is a good step and one worth having. The forums are a valuable asset the the xbox community and one that allows us to learn new things, raise any concerns and talk to fellow players across the other platforms. 

Cheers Gaijin. 

I agree with you the gaijin and she was very good at that! we hope for other news soon!

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Seriously? I can't use my only e-mail because I made my PC account with it before?

Can you guys not do one bloody thing right? And if it wasn't bad enough, you can't even change the username.

Don't even know why I bothered reinstalling this. Somehow not even SIM mode is here yet.

8 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

Most likely never

Of course never. How would you spend more money and grind even more then?

What would be the point of launching this game missing half of its features for Xbox if not to grab more money the cheapest way?

Edited by Guest

If I link my Xbox account to an email and then open the war thunder assistant app and then log into the war thunder assistant with my new xbox linked email: will I be able to use the tactical map on my tablet whilst playing war thunder on my xbox?

If I link my Xbox account to an email and then register for the PC version of war thunder with my linked xbox email:

Will I be able to play world war mode and Sim mode whilst playing the PC version of the game with my xbox linked account?

Will I also be able to access the market place whilst playing the PC version of the game with my xbox linked account?

2 hours ago, TempALIENmuffy68 said:

If I link my Xbox account to an email and then open the war thunder assistant app and then log into the war thunder assistant with my new xbox linked email: will I be able to use the tactical map on my tablet whilst playing war thunder on my xbox?

If I link my Xbox account to an email and then register for the PC version of war thunder with my linked xbox email:

Will I be able to play world war mode and Sim mode whilst playing the PC version of the game with my xbox linked account?

Will I also be able to access the market place whilst playing the PC version of the game with my xbox linked account?

unfortunately the tactical map on the App to me does not work ios12 use

medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, F0Z [email protected] said:

Afternoon all. 

Cheers Gaijin. 

I didn’t see a single negative reaction so far to be honest. I mean, how this even might be a bad thing? Especially since you can access squadrons and SB mode at least when logging in on PC instead of not having both at all. 

5 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Seriously? I can't use my only e-mail because I made my PC account with it before?

Can you guys not do one bloody thing right? And if it wasn't bad enough, you can't even change the username.

Don't even know why I bothered reinstalling this. Somehow not even SIM mode is here yet.

If you read the whole thread, then you would know that you can delete your PC account by yourself if you no longer need it. 

2 hours ago, TempALIENmuffy68 said:

No idea, give it a try I guess. But make sure your console and the tablet are connected to the same LAN. 

Yes

No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/08/2019 at 04:09, gromvoiny said:

You can easily delete your account by going to https://store.gaijin.net/user.php -> Suspend profile option.

Then after 30 days I believe the email will be free for registration. 

Just to let you know support just got back to me on the length of time and it's actually 90 days which is ludicrous for a waiting time. There needs to be a shorter time period like 30 days or even less as this just makes me feel like better to just give up.

7 hours ago, BLACKPANTHERV88 said:

Just to let you know support just got back to me on the length of time and it's actually 90 days which is ludicrous for a waiting time. There needs to be a shorter time period like 30 days or even less as this just makes me feel like better to just give up.

I’ll see if this can be expedited, but can’t promise, the support works by official guidelines. Try taking to them as well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

If you read the whole thread, then you would know that you can delete your PC account by yourself if you no longer need it.

It is known, as this info is not available only in the current thread as one might think.

That isn't the point anyway, the point is that all one's progress in the PC is obviously lost if one deletes his PC account just for the sake of using his Xbox account as a "proper account" that shares of the same freedom as a PC one (like simply posting in the bloody general forums) - like they should already, but god-knows-why, don't.

It's a joke to say the least. Instead of allowing an original account on the PC to be used in the consoles, you are forced to delete your PC account (and to wait likely 90 bloody days in the best expected scenario) or create a whole new e-mail just for this. It's like if the Devs intentionally waste most of their time to plan exactly how to make implementations the most difficult and user-unfriendly as possible.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

It is known, as this info is not available only in the current thread as one might think.

That isn't the point anyway, the point is that all one's progress in the PC is obviously lost if one deletes his PC account just for the sake of using his Xbox account as a "proper account" that shares of the same freedom as a PC one (like simply posting in the bloody general forums) - like they should already, but god-knows-why, don't.

It's a joke to say the least. Instead of allowing an original account on the PC to be used in the consoles, you are forced to delete your PC account (and to wait likely 90 bloody days in the best expected scenario) or create a whole new e-mail just for this. It's like if the Devs intentionally waste most of their time to plan exactly how to make implementations the most difficult and user-unfriendly as possible.

It’s 30 days when using shortest way (via support). And if you want to link Xbox account right now, creating new email isn’t some insurmountable task, really. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

It’s 30 days when using shortest way (via support). And if you want to link Xbox account right now, creating new email isn’t some insurmountable task, really. 

When my email is used with my steam account and absolutely everything else gaming yes it is. I'm still waiting on a response from support on this issue considering this account here on the forums was created to post on the forums and cant be linked to my xbox account.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, DragonSouIkin said:

When my email is used with my steam account and absolutely everything else gaming yes it is. I'm still waiting on a response from support on this issue considering this account here on the forums was created to post on the forums and cant be linked to my xbox account.

You can add second email to your account if you have access to both of them. So, once your original one frees up after deletion, you can add it on top of this new temporary one and then switch to it completely. I know it sounds complicated, but at least it’s a fastest way to play on PC right now while you’re waiting. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

You can add second email to your account if you have access to both of them. So, once your original one frees up after deletion, you can add it on top of this new temporary one and then switch to it completely. I know it sounds complicated, but at least it’s a fastest way to play on PC right now while you’re waiting. 

Oh sweet, please if possible include this information in the FAQ or official first post of the account linking thread. Thanks

27 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

I'm discussing details with support staff of expediting this process and means of aiding other members as well as future members that may encounter this problem.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, BLACKPANTHERV88 said:

Oh sweet, please if possible include this information in the FAQ or official first post of the account linking thread. Thanks

I added step-by-step instruction to initial post.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Does this include matches we played on Xbox? Can I play a match on Xbox, then start up the game on PC to view the replay?

Yes. You have to use server replays and search for matches with your nickname. You were able to do this before as well, on any PC account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gromvoiny said:

Yes. You have to use server replays and search for matches with your nickname. You were able to do this before as well, on any PC account. 

Thanks so much! Looks like I have a good reason to install the game on my PC now. :)

medal medal

7 minutes ago, MaxDarko said:

I wanted to delete my PC mail, since I wasn't using that account.
I signed up because, at the time, if I had not done some games on PC I could not post on the forum.

The purpose was to allow me to play with xbox profile on PC (they had the same mail).
To speed up the suspension in 30 days,
so I could take soon advantage of this new mode for Xbox,
Gaijin asked to me:

What a difficult life!!!! I will never can do all that!!!! 

It is forbidden to share correspondence with support on the forum (or anywhere publicly for that matter).

Do you have access to email that you want to delete? If so, you can just use "suspend" link in your profile, and while you're waiting for it to be deleted, link your Xbox to another email like described on the first page of this topic.

• Like 1

Just curious, but are we eligible for badges such as "Naval CBT Tester" and "Flight of the Valkeries" after linking our email?

Edit: nevermind, they just dont show up in mobile version of the website.

Edited by [email protected]

10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Do we earn achievements for Xbox if we play it? or do we need to be on our Xbox to unlock achievements.

They should be added retroactively when you login on Xbox again. But check for yourself.

• Like 1