Ive been playing up the English lines of ground forces and to be honest they just feel wrong, the english tanks are bad really really bad, i feel Warthunder as a game are doing injustice english tanks are just not is what beinh displayed here. Yes i know it's a game ofc, but they do well as representing most of the tanks in the game and i feel english are just weak, real weak, just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this.

magazine2 (Posted )

Moved to proper section.
medal medal

depending on the br you're right

5.7-6.7 is good, the rest is mostly hot garbage 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

I've only played up to the Cromwell V, but my experience with the British tree has been very positive so far. What exactly is making you feel that English tanks are bad?

• Like 1
medal

Half agree. The problem, in my opinion, is that there are a lot of up-armoured variants that aren't in the tree. Like the Churchill tanks, a30 Challenger and Cromwell which all have versions with extra welded plates. Other nations have this, like the panzer units and t-34s with extra armour, but not British. 

The British tank tree is also missing the 95mm gun with HEAT rounds. Which would be on the Churchill and Cromwell tanks. Why Gaijin missed this out I have no idea. 

Currently I'm running a line-up of the Comet, firefly, avenger and churchill mk VII. And having a great time. The Comet APDS can slice through anything and is great for long range, while the firefly and avenger have better post pen and can handle anything they face. I'll bring out the Churchill if our team is losing to defend the spawn or near the end of the game when most of the big threats have gone. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

A13: 1,194 kills, 752 deaths (busted my chops on this tank)

A13 3rd RTR: 2,121 kills, 690 deaths

Tetrarch: 1,974 kills, 622 deaths

1.0s are not bad.

The MkVI AA lacks any anti-armour capability though, which makes me jealous of the Italian's AS42, PZII C/F and the GAZ trucks.

• Upvote 2

I've been cleaning house in this event with my 4.7 lineup (2 Fireflies, Avenger, Achilles). I think these tanks are awesome due to the 17lb Gun. I also enjoyed 3.7 with the Sherman II and Cromwells and my uptier murder machine the Crusader III.

Maybe it's a "playstyle" thing but I think the Brits that I have played are great.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MattS93 said:

I've been cleaning house in this event with my 4.7 lineup (2 Fireflies, Avenger, Achilles). I think these tanks are awesome due to the 17lb Gun. I also enjoyed 3.7 with the Sherman II and Cromwells and my uptier murder machine the Crusader III.

Maybe it's a "playstyle" thing but I think the Brits that I have played are great.

Yeah, the Tree stops at 6.7 though. Just pretend 6.7 is top tier for the UK. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Yeah, the Tree stops at 6.7 though. Just pretend 6.7 is top tier for the UK. 

To be honest, the entire game stops at 6.7 for me :lol2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal

As of tonight, I have finally finished researching every single British ground forces vehicle in the game excluding event vehicles. I don't exactly want to consider myself an authority on the subject, but I'd say the British are pretty poorly represented in War Thunder. Especially for the Battleratings, there are usually better tanks in other nations.

Weirdly enough though, I seem to do really well with the British, maybe I just play them more conservatively but they're easily my favourite nation in game.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 05/08/2019 at 22:38, xXMalthaelXx said:

Ive been playing up the English lines of ground forces and to be honest they just feel wrong, the english tanks are bad really really bad, i feel Warthunder as a game are doing injustice english tanks are just not is what beinh displayed here. Yes i know it's a game ofc, but they do well as representing most of the tanks in the game and i feel english are just weak, real weak, just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this.

imo brits are great (my favourite) until tier 5+.  top tier is underperforming due to many issues but before that brits are easy.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

There are some real highlights to be found in the tree. 

Tortoise is UKs answer to the Jagdtiger and can really take some punishment at its BR, very good for holding down bottlenecks.

STRV 81 Very good premium, atgms potentially facing BR 5.7 vehicles are vaporised!

FV4005 Eat your heart out KV2, I use this TD right up to top tier with great success. Usually the round merely needs to make contact with any part of the tank for a OHK.

Swingfire atgm launcher is a hull down king being able to hide its entire self behind shallow hills and still fire at unsuspecting targets, just be careful of very slow and unresponsive missiles.

On top of them the 17 pounder in general at rank 3 is one of my favourite guns in game for its BR 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 hours ago, *HeshDealer said:

On top of them the 17 pounder in general at rank 3 is one of my favourite guns in game for its BR 

They're absolutely murderous on what they face IMO. Have to be careful not to play them too much or I get complacent LOL.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

Personal Opinion:

IMHO the British tree has some really great tanks, they just do not adhere to the standard game meta.  That means one has to adapt one's play style when driving them is all.  It also means they induce a large amount of frustration to an uninformed or ill-prepared player.  

• Early tanks are boxy same as Germany but usually with guns that penetrate better than Germany.  However, they usually do not get APHE with an explosive filler and your usually stuck with solid shot.  OHKs require more careful aim with solid shot which can frustrate new players.
  • In General the solid shot ammo confuses or frustrates many players that are use to APHE.  But if your aware of solid shot's weaknesses in the game meta it can be countered easy enough.  Generally you have to make a concerted effort to land a good center mass shot.  Anything else you have to be prepared to make a 2nd or 3rd follow up shot.  Ironically I find that flanking or side shots can be some of the less desirable shots on opponents when driving a brit tank since the solid shot can miss too many components  to score a kill.  That is very counter intuitive.  
  • There are tanks that have some peculiar weaknesses that can really frustrate a player.  Churchills love to lose their tracks(arrgh so frustrating).  The Archer has to choose between getting to the battle or being ready to fire and on some maps that is headache inducing.  The Achilles gets an awesome gun but  an open top, hand cranked turret and no reverse gear( i die to planes almost more than to tanks).  
  • Darn near every tank was built without a reverse gear.  You crawl so slow backward its better to go forward and do a 180 turn many times, but then you have to plan for that.

Overall I love the British tanks but not because they are so over powering.  I love them because of the quirks.  I appreciate them flaws and all.  Most of them have some aspect in which they truly excel so I find it engaging to over come the flaw and get them to shine .

Just how I feel about them. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, P8triot said:

Personal Opinion:

IMHO the British tree has some really great tanks, they just do not adhere to the standard game meta.  That means one has to adapt one's play style when driving them is all.  It also means they induce a large amount of frustration to an uninformed or ill-prepared player.  

• Early tanks are boxy same as Germany but usually with guns that penetrate better than Germany.  However, they usually do not get APHE with an explosive filler and your usually stuck with solid shot.  OHKs require more careful aim with solid shot which can frustrate new players.
  • In General the solid shot ammo confuses or frustrates many players that are use to APHE.  But if your aware of solid shot's weaknesses in the game meta it can be countered easy enough.  Generally you have to make a concerted effort to land a good center mass shot.  Anything else you have to be prepared to make a 2nd or 3rd follow up shot.  Ironically I find that flanking or side shots can be some of the less desirable shots on opponents when driving a brit tank since the solid shot can miss too many components  to score a kill.  That is very counter intuitive.  
  • There are tanks that have some peculiar weaknesses that can really frustrate a player.  Churchills love to lose their tracks(arrgh so frustrating).  The Archer has to choose between getting to the battle or being ready to fire and on some maps that is headache inducing.  The Achilles gets an awesome gun but  an open top, hand cranked turret and no reverse gear( i die to planes almost more than to tanks).  
  • Darn near every tank was built without a reverse gear.  You crawl so slow backward its better to go forward and do a 180 turn many times, but then you have to plan for that.

Overall I love the British tanks but not because they are so over powering.  I love them because of the quirks.  I appreciate them flaws and all.  Most of them have some aspect in which they truly excel so I find it engaging to over come the flaw and get them to shine .

Just how I feel about them. 

Agree strongly on all.

I think that if something like the Cromwells, Comet or Avenger had a fast reverse gear they would be OP at their current BRs!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, MattS93 said:

Agree strongly on all.

I think that if something like the Cromwells, Comet or Avenger had a fast reverse gear they would be OP at their current BRs!

Personally, I think where they sit is pretty good actually.  But, having a reverse gear would certainly make them much easier to play.

Personnally 6.7 combo is one of best for a preset tank. Or 7.0 combo with AVRE, Mark 10, Attacker FB, Fv4005 is a another one could be good.

Why 6.7  : 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Cent AVRE is the most fun tank in game, not effective but for pure enjoyment it can’t be beaten, shotgun on tracks.

Shame it’s stuck behind a paywall though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, *HeshDealer said:

Cent AVRE is the most fun tank in game, not effective but for pure enjoyment it can’t be beaten, shotgun on tracks.

Shame it’s stuck behind a paywall though.

Half price once or twice a year now!

I waited just because I had to have a Royal Engineers beast in it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/08/2019 at 22:35, *HeshDealer said:

FV4005 Eat your heart out KV2, I use this TD right up to top tier with great success. Usually the round merely needs to make contact with any part of the tank for a OHK.

Oof, i remember that time i got shot in my type 60 ATM by FV4005, the blast is really big but only my right ATGM launcher gets any damage.

I dont know if thats damage model problem or he just missed my tank.

medal medal medal