ok so this has been bugging me

so i have been getting annoyed with this cause even though i have not played the game in a few weeks why is that the comet the 5.3 challenger and the centurion mark 1 all have APDS cause and are still at 5.0 to 5.7 like this actually has me confused and if they did get APDS at some point where is the source that shows them having it

medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Kibo_o_Hopu said:

so i have been getting annoyed with this cause even though i have not played the game in a few weeks why is that the comet the 5.3 challenger and the centurion mark 1 all have APDS cause and are still at 5.0 to 5.7 like this actually has me confused and if they did get APDS at some point where is the source that shows them having it

Brits had apds before the war even began.  2 pdr gun could be issued with apds.  Not sure what your problem with it is.  Brits in real world always had high penetration guns, it was their doctrine and the reason they didn't use aphe rounds.  What's so magical about apds? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So...if you think "dominant tank at 5.7" it is a Brit tank that comes to mind...apds and all?

Not sure what your gripe is...lots unhistorical stuff around...apds dates included...but BRIT tanks at 5 to 5.7? Seriously?

• Like 1

Maybe he wants it removed and them lowered like the firefly? 

if they reshuffled and added a few more tanks the churchill 7 with the 6pdr and apds would be glorious.

maybe the cent could go to 6.0 tbh but at the same time APDS needs a damage buff.

but seriously on the do you have proof they had it? prove the tiger 2 had APCR issued.

medal medal

2 hours ago, *Roger13R said:

It's a real good thing he has not gotten to Brits 8.3-9.0... You think those APDS rounds work good or are over kill at 5.0-5.7. He will change his mind quick if he had to play top tier Brits lol

i am at 9.7 with the chally one not bought the chally mark 3 and chally 2 yet cause well not enough credits and if you looked at my service record and looked at arcade then don't i play realistic but nice try on the wait till i play top tier brits i don't have an issue with the APDS of higher tier brits till you fight things like T-80B/U and the leopard 2A4/5

3 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

So...if you think "dominant tank at 5.7" it is a Brit tank that comes to mind...apds and all?

Not sure what your gripe is...lots unhistorical stuff around...apds dates included...but BRIT tanks at 5 to 5.7? Seriously?

i don't think they are dominant not do i think they should be buffed for damage go play a tiger 1 and never really survive most the players i see using APDS cause you mainly lose your gunner/driver first and if your in a city map then well your going to die and in most cases not get a chance to shoot back if you get a map like alaska where it is corner camp central

2 hours ago, DrPhibes1 said:

Maybe he wants it removed and them lowered like the firefly? 

if they reshuffled and added a few more tanks the churchill 7 with the 6pdr and apds would be glorious.

maybe the cent could go to 6.0 tbh but at the same time APDS needs a damage buff.

but seriously on the do you have proof they had it? prove the tiger 2 had APCR issued.

the APDS doesn't really need a damage buff they don't need a lower BR the fact they have APDS at 5.0 to 5.7 makes it and did i not ask for a source of the APDS on the comet the A30 challenger and the centurion mark 1 having APDS cause from all sources i could find there really wasn't much if anything of those tanks carrying APDS

Edited by Kibo_o_Hopu
medal medal medal

All the tanks above had one design invective over all having been mounted with the 17pdr and 77hv,  to kill panthers.  To this effect they were certainly given apds.  Had they not been issued with it they would have been not worth the effort. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Kibo_o_Hopu said:

i am at 9.7 with the chally one not bought the chally mark 3 and chally 2 yet cause well not enough credits and if you looked at my service record and looked at arcade then don't i play realistic but nice try on the wait till i play top tier brits i don't have an issue with the APDS of higher tier brits till you fight things like T-80B/U and the leopard 2A4/5

i don't think they are dominant not do i think they should be buffed for damage go play a tiger 1 and never really survive most the players i see using APDS cause you mainly lose your gunner/driver first and if your in a city map then well your going to die and in most cases not get a chance to shoot back if you get a map like alaska where it is corner camp central

the APDS doesn't really need a damage buff they don't need a lower BR the fact they have APDS at 5.0 to 5.7 makes it and did i not ask for a source of the APDS on the comet the A30 challenger and the centurion mark 1 having APDS cause from all sources i could find there really wasn't much if anything of those tanks carrying APDS

Finding the ammo loadouts of tanks from 80 years ago is going to be pretty tough

Like I say find if apcr was ever issued to a kingtiger (production was cancelled and most rounds were recalled to take back the precious metals) 

APDS was primarily issued to artillery groups but to allow every other nation access to the super rare ammunition and not the Brit's would be very odd.

medal medal

6 minutes ago, DrPhibes1 said:

APDS was primarily issued to artillery groups

And unlike other nations tank destroyers were part of of the royal artillery corps.   Some of those tanks are tank destroyers under Brit doctrine. 

All info I saw say they were issued apds...but the versions they had were inaccurate and dangerous to use (sabots could injure nearby infantry) ...

So they mostly used apcr in action...and it did the job...

Wild guess...some did fire apds when on tight spot...but no report made it to public domain...which is a info by itself...

THAT SAID...Brit tanks IN GAME are better balanced if issued with Korean era ammo...I can live with that...hell...17pdrs "feel" better with apds...closer to what is "expectable"

Like I said...many worse issues in game...historical holes are not so rare

16 hours ago, Kibo_o_Hopu said:

m at 9.7 with the chally one not bought the chally mark 3 and chally 2 yet cause well not enough credits and if you looked at my service record and looked at arcade then don't i play realistic but nice try on the wait till i play top tier brits i don't have an issue with the APDS of higher tier brits till you fight things like T-80B/U and the leopard 2A4/5

So you don't have problem with chieftain's APDS going threw the UFP's of the t54 family of tanks? I know I have.  And you BS everyone here APDS 9.7 and up from the Brits is not a real great round. I know your not getting OHK with them. You can manage but APDS compared to APFSDS is just night and day. T-80B/U and the Leo 2a4/5 are like the most used tanks at top tier any way so its only natural to struggle against them they are well armoured. Especially against any British tanks that really don't fit in anywhere at top tier. Speed is the absolute importance and we know the British tanks lack it. 

medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, *Roger13R said:

So you don't have problem with chieftain's APDS going threw the UFP's of the t54 family of tanks? I know I have.  And you BS everyone here APDS 9.7 and up from the Brits is not a real great round. I know your not getting OHK with them. You can manage but APDS compared to APFSDS is just night and day. T-80B/U and the Leo 2a4/5 are like the most used tanks at top tier any way so its only natural to struggle against them they are well armoured. Especially against any British tanks that really don't fit in anywhere at top tier. Speed is the absolute importance and we know the British tanks lack it. 

you realise the T-54 had a prototype at the end of 1945 and going straight into the cold war in 1947 so it fighting the chieftain mark 3 is understandable since some countries use them/probably still use them when the chieftain entered service and the only time i hated the APDS was with the chally mark 2 since the chance of a downtier of anykind is nigh impossible and at the same time i could also be asking you how does it feel fighing something like a object 120 in something that is world war two era ya know a tank produced in 1965 is alright to fight something that is 6.7 but a chieftain fighting a t-54 is not alright and one i never complained anywhere about the chieftains i am complaining about the comet the a30 challenger at 5.3 and the centurion mark 1 with APDS at the range of 5.0 to 5.7 not top tier tanks not mid tier tanks ya know in the tier range of 5.0 to 6.0

Edited by Kibo_o_Hopu
medal medal medal

14 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

All info I saw say they were issued apds...but the versions they had were inaccurate and dangerous to use (sabots could injure nearby infantry) ...

only the early generation rounds. it was resolved with improvement to accuracy.  the problem was the sleeve, i believe it seperated from the penetrator unevenly and unpredictably from memory it took a rubber band to control the separation.